Remove 'Moriarty Virus' from Cyber ECMs

Suggestion is basically in the title. Remove the module from Cyber ECMs in Operation ‘Monolith’ as it is wildly infuriating, can be abused to grief team-mates and is exclusively used against Destroyers.

With the last part kept in mind it is almost literally impossible to regain control of your weapons if there is more than one ECM present due to their stupendously low module cooldown, meaning that for the duration of the mission you are effectively one of the enemy.

Yep, that’s all.

that and look into the “God Mode” that all of the enemy ships, save fighters that seem impervious to any and all damage after the shields drop. Seems the first few are easilly killable, then the new spawed enemies are all but immune to everything you throw at them.

the entire mission needs a rework, badly Just had a game with me, another player and 2 bots. a good half the map was nothing but red ship markers. we couldnt even kill the 2nd generator at the start. my Dest was being either permanently controlled(so I was shooting friendlies till my guns over heated), dragged across the map and back again by multiple grav frigates, or unable to fire due to weapons being taken off line.

not even going to mention the 2 bots that did nothing and suicided every 30 seconds…

There definitely needs an enemy count cap, this swarming is all but impossible unless you have people with maxed out ships. we lower level ranks are getting obliterated

15 hours ago, IronPagan said:

that and look into the “God Mode” that all of the enemy ships, save fighters that seem impervious to any and all damage after the shields drop. Seems the first few are easilly killable, then the new spawed enemies are all but immune to everything you throw at them.

the entire mission needs a rework, badly Just had a game with me, another player and 2 bots. a good half the map was nothing but red ship markers. we couldnt even kill the 2nd generator at the start. my Dest was being either permanently controlled(so I was shooting friendlies till my guns over heated), dragged across the map and back again by multiple grav frigates, or unable to fire due to weapons being taken off line.

not even going to mention the 2 bots that did nothing and suicided every 30 seconds…

There definitely needs an enemy count cap, this swarming is all but impossible unless you have people with maxed out ships. we lower level ranks are getting obliterated

Doing this map with just two people is tedious. With the current state of the PvE - it’s better to form a 4 people squad first. 

Those ships actually do take damage, but healing of enemy engineering frigates is out of scale (especially the elite ones), so take them out first.

Destroyer is very suboptimal choice as it has mallus for ECM controlling skills (they hold longer) and gravity modules (they do much more damage to the dessie). We are usually flying 2 gunships/1 intie/1 frigate or even all light ships. Then ECM stun lasts only a fraction of a second. 

Just to check those lower ranks getting obliterated claim - we did this map with 4 T3 ships (3 R9 and 1 R8) - no problems whatsoever, time around 5 minutes. 

So is it a hard map? Yes  - for beginners. Proper ship lineup and setup is crucial (the best way we found is to fly fast heavy hitters like covertopses or gunships). 

Pro tips:

• let the first transport dock
  • do the side missions (the first side is to kill the cyber coordinator that opens portals and spawn points for the enemy - if you don’t kill him, you will have much more enemy ships on the map, second one is not allowing enemy to activate turrets, rescuing commander spawns friendly destroyer which distracts enemy pretty well)
  • don’t focus on mobs too much (if you did the first side mission you will end with empty map few times in this game, and if you rescued commander he will get some aggro thus allowing you to blow the dock in peace ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )

Thing is, that most of the hostile high hp + CC module intys have a ridiculous cloack, that they will use when droppung under 75% hull, where they get speed buffs, (maybe hull regen) and keep the ability to fire main weapon and use their goddamn stuns. Nex thing would be those broken healers. When a gunship in overdrive takes 10 seconds to take out a tough enemy and then a random healer spawns, and heals them full, in 2 seconds through an envoirmental obstacle during Spawn invincibility - which is another very infuriating part of the mission - you start to get really annoyed. And, as said Spawn invincibility is probably the most stupid part about the whole mission: Defend Cargo ship! - 3 Waves of enemies spawn, kill the konvoi during invincibility - very nice!

And the fact that every single goddamn NPC carries a hull repair kit is another design flaw…

4 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Thing is, that most of the hostile high hp + CC module intys have a ridiculous cloack, that they will use when droppung under 75% hull, where they get speed buffs, (maybe hull regen) and keep the ability to fire main weapon and use their goddamn stuns. Nex thing would be those broken healers. When a gunship in overdrive takes 10 seconds to take out a tough enemy and then a random healer spawns, and heals them full, in 2 seconds through an envoirmental obstacle during Spawn invincibility - which is another very infuriating part of the mission - you start to get really annoyed. And, as said Spawn invincibility is probably the most stupid part about the whole mission: Defend Cargo ship! - 3 Waves of enemies spawn, kill the konvoi during invincibility - very nice!

And the fact that every single goddamn NPC carries a hull repair kit is another design flaw…

There are few bugs on this map - that is true. But if it’s so bad, then why when my corp is doing 3xPvE task, we are doing Monolith? It’s fast and easy if you know what you are doing (and it pays the best from all missions in the game - credits AND vouchers). Of course, you have to step away from your comfort LRF/destroyer/guard zone and have teammates that know what they should focus fire on (listed above) and which tasks have to be done, how to progress in the mission to make it easier (or harder - depending what you agreed with your teammates). Also - ships having active modules - that’s something that players asked a long time ago, that’s why this mission was on Public Test Server as well. I just hope that bugs with spawning invincibility, ecm shooting you with EM bubbles even when out of LOS (even hidden fully for half a minute inside the tunnel doesn’t help), or repair ships that insta heal 50-60k of hull (BTW to kill them fastest - dive under their bastion shield) will be ironed out, because for me it’s my current fav mission. 

Realistic builds. That’s what NPCs need. Except for bosses. Just make AI use those builds that players could possibly have. From time to time im/export the most effective or popular builds players use and that’s all. 

1 hour ago, niripas said:

There are few bugs on this map - that is true. But if it’s so bad, then why when my corp is doing 3xPvE task, we are doing Monolith? It’s fast and easy if you know what you are doing (and it pays the best from all missions in the game - credits AND vouchers). Of course, you have to step away from your comfort LRF/destroyer/guard zone and have teammates that know what they should focus fire on (listed above) and which tasks have to be done, how to progress in the mission to make it easier (or harder - depending what you agreed with your teammates). Also - ships having active modules - that’s something that players asked a long time ago, that’s why this mission was on Public Test Server as well. I just hope that bugs with spawning invincibility, ecm shooting you with EM bubbles even when out of LOS (even hidden fully for half a minute inside the tunnel doesn’t help), or repair ships that insta heal 50-60k of hull (BTW to kill them fastest - dive under their bastion shield) will be ironed out, because for me it’s my current fav mission. 

It’s not the worst design, but it has definitively some flaws. And yeah, it is fact that it can be completed in about 5min for 1m creds, by a competent team. But god if your teammates are not competent you are in for a ride…

Just had a “OM” match last night with my Invincible.
I had to spend the whole match in the city so I couldnt shoot my team mates. I had 3 ECM’s on me and was all but permanently controlled. I had one that would sit point blank, and in the brief times I DID have control, he went invis, flew away, and controlled me AGAIN.

Oh, and I have the module that reduces control effects like 30%+ And I was sitll controlled almost the whole match, shooting my team mates…

No more will I be spending $$$$ on this game until this farce of an idea is gone from the game. It was stupid to have it, and even dumber to think it up in the first place.

Knocking weapons offline, I can handle. But having a NPC control you in a map(and now they are showing up in OS and other maps)

Nope. I’m done

5 hours ago, IronPagan said:

Just had a “OM” match last night with my Invincible.
I had to spend the whole match in the city so I couldnt shoot my team mates. I had 3 ECM’s on me and was all but permanently controlled. I had one that would sit point blank, and in the brief times I DID have control, he went invis, flew away, and controlled me AGAIN.

Oh, and I have the module that reduces control effects like 30%+ And I was sitll controlled almost the whole match, shooting my team mates…

No more will I be spending $$$$ on this game until this farce of an idea is gone from the game. It was stupid to have it, and even dumber to think it up in the first place.

Knocking weapons offline, I can handle. But having a NPC control you in a map(and now they are showing up in OS and other maps)

Nope. I’m done

So. You took a destroyer to a map that you know it’s heavily saturated with ECMs, even when you know that destroyers have mallus for controlling effects? It’s like taking an ECM with plasma gun for Defence Contract and then complaining that you don’t have enough DPS to kill the final boss. You just took a wrong ship for the mission. My preferred one at this moment is a gunship with ion emitters then even when all ECMs are focusing on me losing control lasts maybe half a second and after 2 applications my ship is practically immune for that. I don’t even have proton wall equipped. 

Can you tell me where you spotted ECMs using this module in OS, please?

1 hour ago, niripas said:

So. You took a destroyer to a map that you know it’s heavily saturated with ECMs, even when you know that destroyers have mallus for controlling effects? It’s like taking an ECM with plasma gun for Defence Contract and then complaining that you don’t have enough DPS to kill the final boss. You just took a wrong ship for the mission. My preferred one at this moment is a gunship with ion emitters then even when all ECMs are focusing on me losing control lasts maybe half a second and after 2 applications my ship is practically immune for that. I don’t even have proton wall equipped. 

Can you tell me where you spotted ECMs using this module in OS, please?

Currently this mode is an instant, low effort death sentence to all destroyers, and ONLY destroyers. I think it’s a question of whether or not “If you bring a destroyer, you and your teammates shall face certain death. And oh, the cargo ship dies, too.” is fair.

Edit: The ECM module interruptions apply to all ships, but I’ve only seen “Moriarty Virus 17” being applied to destroyers. In addition to the insane damage entropy generator gunships do to destroyers, I highly suspect this map has integrated deliberate deterrent against players who decide to pick destroyers, and it is not the case that the mission naturally happens to be non-optimal to destroyers. 

2 hours ago, Farfalla said:

Currently this mode is an instant, low effort death sentence to all destroyers, and ONLY destroyers. I think it’s a question of whether or not “If you bring a destroyer, you and your teammates shall face certain death. And oh, the cargo ship dies, too.” is fair.

Edit: The ECM module interruptions apply to all ships, but I’ve only seen “Moriarty Virus 17” being applied to destroyers. In addition to the insane damage entropy generator gunships do to destroyers, I highly suspect this map has integrated deliberate deterrent against players who decide to pick destroyers, and it is not the case that the mission naturally happens to be non-optimal to destroyers. 

It’s fairly common knowledge at this point that Monolith is literally an Anti-destroyer PvE which is odd considering the latest overhauls/buffs that rolled out not long ago were supposed to promote diversity in ship choice.

The main problem with Niri’s example is that for some reason joining random PvEs right now will most likely toss you into Monolith, forcing you to attempt to work with randoms to get the objectives done whilst keeping the enemy count down, so if you happen to be one of the sorry SoB’s who chose a destroyer for the mission you’ll find yourself abandoned by your team mates within minutes and unable to keep the enemy count down due to the constant stuns from ECMs or absurd damage of other units.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

It’s fairly common knowledge at this point that Monolith is literally an Anti-destroyer PvE which is odd considering the latest overhauls/buffs that rolled out not long ago were supposed to promote diversity in ship choice.

The main problem with Niri’s example is that for some reason joining random PvEs right now will most likely toss you into Monolith, forcing you to attempt to work with randoms to get the objectives done whilst keeping the enemy count down, so if you happen to be one of the sorry SoB’s who chose a destroyer for the mission you’ll find yourself abandoned by your team mates within minutes and unable to keep the enemy count down due to the constant stuns from ECMs or absurd damage of other units.

TBH if the mission devs don’t want destroyers in that mission they could’ve banned them from being used there. But no, we got some interesting “secret” [censored word for new player] traps instead.

TBH if the mission devs don’t want destroyers in that mission they could’ve banned them from being used there. But no, we got some interesting “secret” [censored word for new player] traps instead.

I just went in with my Vigilant using an 11k DPS Meson build and killed two of my allies. Can’t say it was my fault, devs made the module and gave it to the Ai  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

4 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Here is one of two easiest solutions:

image.png.0a93439576a6f44f51eca7e6017bff6f.png

I almost never queue for random PvE. I have a few ships prepared for different maps then I try to assemble a squad to have at least one person that knows what he/she is doing. 

The second option is to have all slots prepared and do the random queue - in my case it’s destroyer, empire LRF, engineer and gunship - which saves the time in queue (if I fly with someone that likes engie I take guard instead). 

Also Monolith is one of the few maps where most classes work - even ECMs and tacklers - heck I even posted one video with guard, ECM and covops and the map was sometimes free from enemy ships. Just destroyers don’t. In defence contract it’s the other way - most ships won’t work there. Only high DPS, penetrating/explosive equipped ones do. 

It’s called “learning”. If a ship doesn’t work for this particular mission, maybe another class/type will work?

Monolith is so easy if you have 2 people that know what they doing and 2 other players that won’t ruin what your tactical plan is (and believe me - tactical planning in Monolith is what separates 4:30-4:40 1.5 mill credits/60k+ vouchers run from 15-16 minutes 800k credits, 30k vouchers ordeal)

2 hours ago, niripas said:

It’s called “learning”. If a ship doesn’t work for this particular mission, maybe another class/type will work?

I have [Moriarty Virus 17]

I have Cyber ECM

UUGGGHH

[Moriarty Virus 17] Cyber ECM

I have a [Thermoactive Weapon 17]

I have a [Tyrant]

UUGGGHH

[Thermoactive Weapon 17] [Tyrant]

[Moriarty Virus 17] Cyber ECM

[Thermoactive Weapon 17] [Tyrant]

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH

623664c2d01265ba87564b4f55470b52.png.cbcf214e019ee76ad7432d14d5b53db1.png

I just had a run on this map with randoms. Two of us used destroyers and we shot the cra.p out of ourselves while being hacked all the time. And still, nobody died… ofc because there was a good healer Wazgot in team too.  And we did the long run scenario with plenty of time for ECMs to hack us. We even got the map cleared a few times. So the map is still no big deal.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:37 AM, SINaka said:

I just had a run on this map with randoms. Two of us used destroyers and we shot the cra.p out of ourselves while being hacked all the time. And still, nobody died… ofc because there was a good healer Wazgot in team too.  And we did the long run scenario with plenty of time for ECMs to hack us. We even got the map cleared a few times. So the map is still no big deal.

Look at what you just said.