Remove CoOp missions from A. Gage missions.

Just like Combat Recon missions, the “win 3 CoOp battles” mission is horrid. Not for the same reasons but I have literally no reason to play CoOp besides for these missions. The loot is nerfed and the enemies are hella OP. Without a dedicated team for CoOp you aren’t getting anything of use from it. Please restrict every mission to PvP and PvE.

I like it more and more actually. I’m not a fun of them having so much damage but it is getting to be more entertaining than pve. More challenging for sure. Especially since they use missiles and all kinds of modules.

Maybe if bots would have the same possible builds as players can have with damage, resistance and such not over-buffed, then that would make coop less frustrating sometimes. Oh and if they would learn more about the importance of clear line of sight.    

Or just balance the enemy team against the player team. So for every ship and setup you have, your doppelgänger on the enemy team has one. XD

So I’d you had a stripped Procyon and a fully outfitted hawk-M, so would your mirror bot on the enemy team.

My clone with perfect ping and aim… hmm. But still. My clone could not improve enough.

5 minutes ago, Sinaka said:

My clone with perfect ping and aim… hmm. But still. My clone could not improve enough.

skynet intensifies*

Bots learned recently how to play detonation and a bit of recon. They know how to plant bombs and their captian won’t rush attack all the time. It’s getting a bit better. About difficulty of this game mode i haven’t seen in rank 10 too much of a hassle. In Coop tank is more important than speed. More guards/destroyers the better.

The reasons to play co-op vs ai that you might be missing are: frivolous fun without having to feel like a bunch of enemy players hate you. Plus, we learn a detail here & there about how the Skirmish modes work. It’s a testing ground for ship configurations against overpowered ships piloted by Leeroy Jenkins.

Did you know that Broker missions involving destroyers can be done in co-op vs ai? I know that’s a different assignment set, but it adds to the usefulness of co-op. I use a rank 8 Procyon to destroy some ships with a destroyer then take 4 rank 12’s in to destroy destroyers.

Edit: Last night on October 20, I got a Broker mission to destroy ships with a destroyer which can not be done in co-op vs ai.

Strictly pve & pvp would have been way too much work for this 90-piece special module endeavor. I’m glad it’s part of it.

The worst part about the 90-piece special module endeavor is when it calls for combat recon or capture beacons, and I get a long string of no such games. Being able to do that in co-op vs ai has been faster and milder than it would have been in Skirmish.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The loot is nerfed and the enemies are hella OP. Without a dedicated team for CoOp you aren’t getting anything of use from it. Please restrict every mission to PvP and PvE.

Lol what??? coop is by far the easiest mode. Easy to make a lot of kills, get high scores (by killing or capping/planting)…and games can easily take 5 minutes or less with a random team. Whenever i have a PVP mission i complete it in coop (if it counts) since its way easier and faster. On the other hand, bots have perfect accuracy, which is one of the first things you notice when you are being fired by a beam cannon that never miss no matter how fast and hard you turn in your interceptor. That requires being addressed. But thats pretty much it, they are silly, dont know how to use skills properly (ECMs launch all debuffs at once, command dont use diffusion shield, destroyers shoot all modules at once (you can bait them to fire all they got, hide/warp, ez kill), etc.) and know nothing about tactics except for occasional focus fire.

EDIT: i almost never play coop in squads. My success rate in coop is by far higher than PVE. As a matter of fact, i usually dont go for objectives deliberately to slow down the game and gain more score before it ends, cause if you play to win (by your own), you can get it done in less than 3 minutes without sweating.

Considering I essentially never prposefully fly anything other than interceptors or fighters I don’t see what you mean.

Sure detonation is ezpz and recon is p easy too but all the others are still hell.

1 minute ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Considering I essentially never prposefully fly anything other than interceptors or fighters I don’t see what you mean.

Sure detonation is ezpz and recon is p easy too but all the others are still hell.

Team battle: bots go 1 by 1, in fighters and above you will find easy killing them. Domination: get side beacons, then push to mid beacon and you got all 3, game ends quick. Combat recon: same deal than team battle, but you take longer to complete it since the 300 sec protection.

Things you should be warry of: destroyers ready to deploy black hole, ECMs along with other bots (stun+focus fire), gunships overdrive (deny its overdrive by stunning them, cloacking, getting behind cover, killing them faster, using any kind of invulnerability, etc etc). I usually fly guard and it gets quite easy as long as i stick with my teammates (even if i yolo and push the frontline against all bots). For a guard its very important to set the phase shield properly (which is easy since ceptors deal EM (+ therm missiles), fighters kinetic (+therm missiles), frigates thermal, destroyers can vary but you should have EM set in case you get a wild photon shot or plasma turret) and get missile shield up if you notice a cruise missile/photon/tempest is comming at you. Or you can tank the dmg with energy converter and nearly one shot most ships from a cruise missile hit. Once you get the hang of it you notice is cheescake.

What’s really fun is sitting in a trapped dessy’s shields and use EC and MEF right as he activates tempest. Not only does he damage himself but he also gets the EC throwback. XD

OUTDATED !