Remove Bots from PvP

Easy peasy suggestion: remove bots from PvP.

They are very un-fun to play with.

If we want to play against bots we will select vsAI mode.

Once again, +1 from me. Let’s hope something will be done about this.

Why? This is best players in my team…

50 minutes ago, Ronery said:

Come on your p2w wing isn’t that bad ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

Come on your p2w wing isn’t that bad ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

My team in pvp

I wish they would remove the bots from pvp or at least limit them to 2 per team…

8 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I wish they would remove the bots from pvp or at least limit them to 2 per team…

They should limit them to 0 per team.

7 hours ago, Ronery said:

This is a problem.

HELL YES, REMOVE BOTS FROM PVP

instead try to channel players temporarily into PvP, eg. less availible game modes at the same time.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Ronery said:

TL;DR: there aren’t enough concurrent players for the matchmaker to make games without long queue times 24/7 and therefore the developers think it’s best to add bots when there aren’t enough players to make a game.

The bots are always the best players in PvP… XD. This is quite a problem because matching games is quite hard during certain hours: the PvP pool gets exhausted very quickly during Sector Conquest and even Portals times and, in North America, during the evening, queue times are very long. One (somewhat) valid method of fixing this problem is adding bots to the queue so that matches can be made more quickly. Apparently, in the eyes of the developers, this leads to higher quality games than the alternative with no bots. You would be waiting at least 10 minutes (sometimes the population is so low that there is only one game running), and still getting an extremely large skill gap between the best and worse players in the game.

Pros of adding bots:

• Lower queue times since long queues (longer than 3-5 minutes) are less often.
  • A minimum amount of players can be set without having these long queue times.
  • Multiple different games can run even with a low amount of players.

Cons of adding bots:

• Not obvious to a new player that they have bots on their team or are against some bots.
  • Bots have extremely high damage output when they aggro to you and have incredibly high accuracy, sometimes you just get instantly killed by a bot in a situation where you otherwise would not die
  • Bots do not play to objectives and if you lack the ships to effectively play the mode (example: you don’t have interceptors in domination but the other team does) then you basically lose. This is a common problem.
  • Bots limit their ship pools and play a very slow play style, and are only suited to defending one are or playing team battle.
  • Bots do not communicate, and often will not listen to target pings.

It’s up to the developers to accurate weight the pros and cons of adding bots: whether or not they are capable of doing this, we will only know when they remove bots from PvP in my opinion.

One more Con: bots often doing things opposite of objectives that lead directly to losing the match. I.e. Activating spectre field while you carry the bomb-lose the bomb or during caping the beacon-caping stops. Also going straight towards the enemy one by one and getting killed. 

All that combined and being said,cons outweigh the pros. Lower que time to get in a game with bots,no thanks. Ill rahther play 1vs1 game or no game at all. 

Bots are just the best.

image.png.bbf58b89dd0cd5bf509042416487ab07.png

On 11/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, BruTosGali said:

All that combined and being said,cons outweigh the pros.

That’s why I said this:

On 11/25/2019 at 1:52 PM, BattlestarSC2 said:

It’s up to the developers to accurate weight the pros and cons of adding bots: whether or not they are capable of doing this, we will only know when they remove bots from PvP in my opinion.

We shall wait and see if the devs have the ability to think logically and use reason while making changes about the game or considering what needs to be changed.

Definitely the bots must be removed but ultimately but, as battlestar said, its whether the devs can see cons in this. The bots atm are just part of the AI problem in pvp, the aliens was a Halloween prank and the prank goes on till now. When a prank is prolonged and repeated, stops to be funny/amusing, becomes tiresome, annoying and frustrating. Remove any form of AI from regular pvp, add aliens in VS AI [if all of a sudden the devs believe are a great addition - its not] and let us play Vs REAL people.

One more thing, the hot join, I’d prefer to WAIT and get a full round, lost it because the enemy team is better so be it but join a lost round a couple of min before the end or at a moment that the friendly team got 100% overwhelmed by the enemy team and just to get the credit of a loss, NO thank you !

Somehow I have the feeling no1 really cares regarding  what it is being said here, decisions already  have been made and nothing will change.

Yes, please remove bots from PvP altogether. If I want to fight bots, I’ll select Skirmish mode. I’d rather wait a few more minutes for an actual PvP match than get what’s essentially a Skirmish without chips.