PvP ruled by intys

I got home from work today, turned on CPU and played few PvPs

Well just to see how all PvP modes are dominated by small ship.

Small ships have so much advantage against any other class that it is pointless to play anything else.

I will not xxxxx much here even that game is so unbalanced since interceptors > any other class

I will suggest here;

to enlarge reload time from all interceptor modules to min 30sec.(and that is with all implants and all possible buffs)

To reduce the duration of quantum defense to be same as gunship combat reboot.

To reduce the speed of all interceptors by 15%-20%, to reduce max rotation of interceptors on 160 roll and pitch, 

To reduce Geyser 30% and Front blaster 20%damage 

To remove inhibitor crystal from Tai’kin, to remove crystal satellite from Tai’kin, remove auto healing from Tai’kin

To reduce the duration of ECM modules effects.

And if you do all these small ships will still be OP.

Also please remove low R ships from max R PvP since I just had game against R4 and I was using R15+

First of all, you don’t just turn on your CPU, you need to put it on a motherboard, second of all, you also need storage and memory, third, a monitor to get video output and speakers or headphones for audio output.

Judging by your post you would rather intend that interceptors get removed altogether, a little biased against them must I say, just because you have Tai’Kin and a few modules as the bad apples it doesn’t mean that all of them need to get toned down, your changes will render them as useful as destroyers in pvp. And completely removing modules or anything from the game just because some people don’t like it is never the solution, but alas, as you said that there is no point to complain too much about it, and I will do the same about explaining as it counts as “hate speach”(yes, we can too recycle jokes, but I bet that is also bad).

I’m a main interceptor player, so if you have any questions about them and how to fight with, and against them, I will gladly answer, and about balancing changes, I can also help out with that, but do be reasonable, and removing items is not something that can be done.

3/4 of games I played since prem nerfs are Frigballs, with a mix of WazGot and Dessies support, and the moment that blob moves in on a chokepoint, nothing the lite ships can do to smoke them out.

12 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

3/4 of games I played since prem nerfs are Frigballs, with a mix of WazGot and Dessies support, and the moment that blob moves in on a chokepoint, nothing the lite ships can do to smoke them out.

Most of my games today were games with frigballs and some fighters for support. In 4 games I got inties, but they couldn’t do squat. I got recon and ECM in defence contract, though…

Played more than 20 PvP games now and I didn’t have a single game as you describe.

http://prntscr.com/l45ik7  hmmm

http://prntscr.com/l45j40  hmm

http://prntscr.com/l45jth   hmmm

and so on, I wonder where you all play.

There are maps-game modes combinations that are in a favor of fast and agile and there are those that favor damage sinks + regeneration + aoe type of ships on a choke point.

More than 2 ECMs on a team (with an exception to Song of peace) is pretty bad for the team since Control diminishing effects, plus huge drop in DMG output and drop in kill potential in certain situations.

ECM spam is real in some games, but nothing a trusty Proton Wall cant fix.

58 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

More than 2 ECMs on a team (with an exception to Song of peace) is pretty bad for the team since Control diminishing effects, plus huge drop in DMG output and drop in kill potential in certain situations.

nice theory but its not really accurate with ecms like the zhen and its geyser, or generally the current builds

engine hack, gtfo button, fast damage output and more tank than a gunship…

if you add that up with a taikin, a few ceptors are enough to dislodge a team. so it becomes a question who has more meta ships with capable pilots in the team.

i am not saying, i think ceptors are the evil stuff

also i find it funny, how people cry about low rank bonuses on one occasion, but at the same time about high rank meta ships.

and yes, a lot of frigs, because fighter meta is dead.

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

just because you have Tai’Kin and a few modules as the bad apples it doesn’t mean that all of them need to get toned down

this.

59 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

ECM spam is real in some games, but nothing a trusty Proton Wall cant fix.

proton wall is kinda standard for many builds by now. unfortunately, ecms have aura effects. so even if it doesnt hurt you, it does your team.

28 minutes ago, g4borg said:

nice theory but its not really accurate with ecms like the zhen and its geyser, or generally the current builds

engine hack, gtfo button, fast damage output and more tank than a gunship…

if you add that up with a taikin, a few ceptors are enough to dislodge a team. so it becomes a question who has more meta ships with capable pilots in the team.

i am not saying, i think ceptors are the evil stuff

also i find it funny, how people cry about low rank bonuses on one occasion, but at the same time about high rank meta ships.

and yes, a lot of frigs, because fighter meta is dead.

this.

proton wall is kinda standard for many builds by now. unfortunately, ecms have aura effects. so even if it doesnt hurt you, it does your team.

what about geyser? If anything ECMs with impulses output more dmg through the battle than with geyser

Engine hack is affected by control effects diminishing and 8-2

Gtfo button is great only if you use it to stick around and propagate anti-healing aura on a Frig Ball if you just run away you don’t really accomplish anything when you have to stay on point

What fast dmg? 

They don’t have more tank than a gunship, ECMs do have an easier time coming in and leaving, but they don’t do dmg in the process anywhere near gunships/commands levels

Taikin has zero staying power on choke points, it can only come and go, the moment it takes a hit, god forbid it gets a DoT on while under healing reduction it’s pretty much out of the fight.

ECM’s are much more prevalent lately yes. Also wazgot and Tai’Kin seem to be top of the charts too.

And it’s not just “interceptors” it’s specific ships.

GEagle, Wakizashi R, Wakizashi AE, Every ECM, etc

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

I will always be against this since I’m for multiple tiers. I know it is hard to explain to you but ‘‘entering ship’’ from one line-class should never be harder to kill than top = last ship from the same class.

It is like you would buy an entering=cheapest=basic model from one model of car and that would be better (equipment-engine…ect) than top model of the same car line.

32 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

I will always be against this since I’m for multiple tiers. I know it is hard to explain to you but ‘‘entering ship’’ from one line-class should never be harder to kill than top = last ship from the same class.

It is like you would buy an entering=cheapest=basic model from one model of car and that would be better (equipment-engine…ect) than top model of the same car line.

But it isnt really harder to kill, if anything higher ranked ships are better at survivng due to lower cds, higher agility and access to modules.

12 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

But isnt really harder to kill, if anything higher ranked ships are better at survivng due to lower cds, higher agility and access to modules.

we wouldn’t even debate this if devs listen to 75% of the community.

24 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

higher ranked ships are better at survivng due to lower cds, higher agility and access to modules.

and it should be so, and not like this;  http://prntscr.com/l49ij0

or this ; http://prntscr.com/l49iqm

just to abuse buffs 

4 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

we wouldn’t even debate this if devs listen to 75% of the community.

and it should be so, and not like this;  http://prntscr.com/l49ij0

or this ; http://prntscr.com/l49iqm

just to abuse buffs 

Oh so playing anything other than you approved off is a blashemy and abuse?

Dont forget about unique module combos as well that are only available on certain ships and frankly some of those ships are plain fun and cool to play like sai and DEagle. I really dont get what you are complaining about a great pilot will do good regadless of a ship, bad pilot will not do anything regardless of the ship.

I love these rank bonuses - every single battle is million times more diverse with different ships and modules.

16 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Dont forget about unique module combos as well that are only available on certain ships and frankly some of those ships are plain fun and cool to play like sai and DEagle. I really dont get what you are complaining about a great pilot will do good regadless of a ship, bad pilot will not do anything regardless of the ship.

I love these rank bonuses - every single battle is million times more diverse with different ships and modules.

I have nothing against using the different ship but do it on right TIER and if you decide to use low R ship in max Tier it is also ok, but do it without any buff. 

And show your skill than.

6 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

I have nothing against using the different ship but do it on right TIER and if you decide to use low R ship in max Tier it is also ok, but do it without any buff. 

And show your skill than.

Low ranked ships without equalization buffs are twice as weak as high ranked no amount of “fun” factor would cover that.

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Low ranked ships without equalization buffs are twice as weak as high ranked no amount of “fun” factor would cover that.

no buffs would be needed and “fun” factor would be present if ship was used against same rank ships or -2, + 2

57 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

no buffs would be needed and “fun” factor would be present if ship was used against same rank ships or -2, + 2

which splits whole pool of the ships into isolated small food chains where highest ranks are stronger than the lowest ranks, resulting in only highest ranks within that isolation being compatible, so devs would still have to equalize ships within these pockets, which brings us back to why equalise within these pockets and not mix everything together anyways for higher diversity

27 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

which splits whole pool of the ships into isolated small food chains where highest ranks are stronger than the lowest ranks, resulting in only highest ranks within that isolation being compatible, so devs would still have to equalize ships within these pockets, which brings us back to why equalise within these pockets and not mix everything together anyways for higher diversity

I have question for you then, if you would like to equalize all ships why don’t they all cost same?

I told this once before, 

if you would like one tier NP, make all ships be the same rank and make all ships cost same ( credits, time to level, other resources)

and make all ships be accessible from start. Make them all use all crew implants and erase modules and weapons by rank, let then be just one same module-weapon rank that can be used for all ships in the class.

This would actually be better for new players, all grinding for new higher rank modules will be not needed. 

Because vertical ship tree is inherited from initial game development, and that tree is deeply embedded into a game on many levels. For the longest time, devs want to have all ships together but cannot simply scrap the ship tree since that would involve an enormous amount of rework that is too expensive for the outcome, hence the base stats boost