PvP MM

Despite the fact that the game is visually stunning, user friendly amd with excellent cotrols, the current MM brought me to my limit. After 10 consecutive losses, all the time being placed with the losing team and not once in a full round from the start, I feel its time to move on.

What I see here,

1. Either the MM is completely useless
  2. Some might have found a way to make it work to their favor
  3. Althought I would like to believe otherwise, some forces may have been tampering with the PvP MM of certain players, including my self.

I’m not expecting much from the forum, nor will take into account what some “elite” or “devine” trolls might have to say but I do state here and now that unless I see some improvement with maximum 3 days, I will uninstall/quit the game. Patience has limits and I’ve exceeded mine. I’m here only for the pvp, might play other modes but its the PvP that interest me, plain and simple.

Edit: Not sure whether this is thre right place to post this, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

Most matches I played yesterday were balanced-ish. Of course there were a few spawncamps, but that is to be expected.

Honestly, loosing a ton of matches in a row is frustrating, but, for me, it seems to happen rarely.

I think you might just have had bad luck that day… :confused:

6 hours ago, ComWittman said:

the current MM brought me to my limit. After 10 consecutive losses, all the time being placed with the losing team.

image.png.7a132804abfb4766153c65ad431a7535.png

I think one of the devs should check the database if it’s recording stats properly, cause it says you played 13 games and won 7 of them.

If you don’t mind - please make a bug report with logs included.

32 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Most matches I played yesterday were balanced-ish. Of course there were a few spawncamps, but that is to be expected.

Honestly, loosing a ton of matches in a row is frustrating, but, for me, it seems to happen rarely.

I think you might just have had bad luck that day… :confused:

Thank you for the input Scar.

I would say odd that losing consecutive games happens rarely, I wish I could say the same. On the contrary, no matter what most of the times I’m joining a round  with the losing team. If its beacon hunt, the enemy team team is capped at 200 points and my team is at 150, and that would be a tolerable situation. Usually is far more worse in beacon hunt, and if its 3 beacons, I see all 3 already capped and its a matter of a couple of min. till the end of the round with a loss.

Bad luck day you say, I say no and my no is firm ! I stand to what I said to my initial post and unless I see within the time frame that I mentioned some considerable change I prefer to quit. Perhaps the time I posted this thread I was additionally frustrated because it was just when the 10th loss came, many hours after that and with a clear head I still feel the same. In fact, I see things more clear and see no point if this continues to add to my daily stress the game’s frustration. Its a game, meant for entertainment just like any other and when the entertainment ends up accumulating frustration and disappointment, it no longer fun.

Despite the fact that I dont like the recent changes [caps on mats/credits/mods removed from prems etc] considering their impact, I can say that for the time being are tolerable. Meterial removals, change of crafting methods, fluctuations of various material/gear values etc which are the result of lack of content [we are just shuffling and rearranging the same content] are quite annoying especially when they come as news but are not negative enough to make me quit. The mm I’m having is.

17 minutes ago, niripas said:

image.png.7a132804abfb4766153c65ad431a7535.png

I think one of the devs should check the database if it’s recording stats properly, cause it says you played 13 games and won 7 of them.

If you don’t mind - please make a bug report with logs included.

Well, since your memory is selective, will remind you once more that I do not know how to make bug reports. Further more, not sure the accuracy of the screenshot you have posted but what I said to my initial post is 100% true and will not debate that.

I would suggest, you being a Game Master, take the time and consider the 3 options I have listed in my initial post.

Just to make things very clear, this is the only game I play atm and that is because I feel its a great game. My post has absolutely no intention whatsoever to state otherwise however no matter how great the game might be, the facts that I have stated turned things upside down.

1 hour ago, ComWittman said:

Well, since your memory is selective, will remind you once more that I do not know how to make bug reports.

Let me help you with that:

Further more, not sure the accuracy of the screenshot you have posted but what I said to my initial post is 100% true and will not debate that.

Screenshot is based on stats taken from the official API of the database of SC. So - it’s straight from what you were doing on that day.

I would suggest, you being a Game Master, take the time and consider the 3 options I have listed in my initial post.

As a GM, my role is to watch if any of the game rules are broken. 

So I have no opinion on option 1, however from what I see from your stats in last 60 days your w/l ratio is improving and it’s very close to 1.0 now. Considering you play random PvP games, from the game theory MM is fair in mathematical sense if the average player playing random games has w/l of 1. However I can see that in last month  your stats  improved and only on 7 days out of 30 you had your win rate between 33% and 48%. All other 23 days it was above 50% (it means your team won more games than lost). But as I said at the beginning - I have no knowledge of how MM internally works, so I cannot comment on that.

I have no knowledge of methods for option 2. If you know how or you know a person that is exploit them - please use in game report system or share here.

And for option three - I checked with the devs multiple times - it’s not possible to “tamper with MM” in a way  you described here and in previous conversations as it is not possible to assign an attribute to the account that will give this account disadvantage in MM in comparison to other accounts.

Hope it helps.

[@niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/244639-niripas/) Why u still in to SC?

16 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

[@niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/244639-niripas/) Why u still in to SC?

Because the game is fun to play?

14 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Because the game is fun to play?

oh hello there niri

5 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

oh hello there niri

6 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

oh hello there niri

Hi niri, did not see you there

Hello niri, stop spamming ples :stuck_out_tongue:

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, niripas said:

Let me help you with that:

And for option three - I checked with the devs multiple times - it’s not possible to “tamper with MM” in a way  you described here and in previous conversations as it is not possible to assign an attribute to the account that will give this account disadvantage in MM in comparison to other accounts.

Hope it helps.

Perhaps the way I’ve described is not accurate, still I feel something’s wrong.

To create a bug report, even if I do follow the steps to file one, am almost certain no1 will do anything about it. Perhaps because it is already known that the mm is faulty or any of the options I’ve mentioned in my original post apply.

This is the 1st game I played today: http://prntscr.com/liq5du

Within the next 24 hours, sadly, I will unistall the game because enough is enough. I will not tolerate a game that is giving me frustration instead off pleasure nor will I become an investigator to find the reasons behind all these. Some refuse to touch pvp and spend their time with other game modes which apparently are not of my licking, hence see no reason to follow their footsteps. I know when/how a round is lost, I know who to blame and that includes me. After a round that was lost, if from my part there was an X% of responsibility for that, I know it and admit to my self that am solely or partly blamed that. I do NOT expect to be carried by any member of the team I play with nor do the usual comments “Ace team” etc. I’m fully aware, like I said the why and how.

7 hours ago, ComWittman said:

Perhaps the way I’ve described is not accurate, still I feel something’s wrong.

To create a bug report, even if I do follow the steps to file one, am almost certain no1 will do anything about it. Perhaps because it is already known that the mm is faulty or any of the options I’ve mentioned in my original post apply.

There is not a single proper bug report for the current MM. And as you can see for yourself - proper bug reports in the matchmaking section are processed almost on the daily basis. I already explained those options in my post above.  

This is the 1st game I played today: http://prntscr.com/liq5du

Unfortunately that screenshot doesn’t say anything. Maybe just that your team went with light ships without support against enemy heavy frigball and that you are flying R7 and you are idle for more than 5 seconds. Oh and that the guy with 2700 battles, w/l of 0.8 and k/d of 1 killed a guy with 12k battles, w/l of 1.05 and k/d of 1.5.  Sorry - without logs there is absolutely nothing here.

Within the next 24 hours, sadly, I will unistall the game because enough is enough. 

It’s sad to see you go, but I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.