[PvP] Capture the beacon

Game mode information:

• Each team spawns on one side of the battlefield
  • Each team has 3 beacons on their side
  • Each beacon is protected by 4 guard drones
  • A beacon can only be captured when all 4 guard drones are destroyed.
  • As long as a beacon has more than 0 points, it can be restored to 100. If a beacon is on 0 points, it cannot be restored anymore.
  • Limited respawn. Once the ship is destroyed, you cannot use it again in this battle.

Beacon:

post-12279-0-03881000-1401016620.jpg

Guard Drone:

post-12279-0-85609000-1401016620.jpg

Winning conditions:

• Capture all enemy beacons or destroy all enemy ships
  • If the time runs out, the team with most beacons captured wins. If both teams have the same amount of beacons remaining, the team with more kills wins the battle.

Please remove the bots. They are really bad.

I second the above.  The AI on the bots is terrible.  And that’s okay, it’s not meant to be a PVE event.  But I’d rather play with an empty slot than one of these bots.

please remove bots. 

I have no desire to play VS bots. Only VS players. 

Getting into game and finding myself+3 bots against 1+3bot is discouraging.

just say match not found if can’t find enough players. 

Better. 

I rather like the bots involvement when enough players cant be mustered for this game mode… 

They at least give you fodder to shoot! 

in smaller games ie 2v2 and 1v1 the bots either break or win the game. one sides bots will go in 1v5 and die while the other teams’ bots group up and go for points. the AI in smaller matches are just so unbalanced right now. maybe implement a way to give the bots commands? IE defend/attack. or just reduce the bots in small games to 1 maybe 2 instead of 3 in a 1v1

There need to be more incentives to play this mode.  It’s a great mode and I think Realistic is better than Arcade, but monetarily there is no reason to play it.  Repair costs are high if you go through all three ships, and rewards aren’t any better than arcade (that I have noticed). 

Give this mode 1.5x or 2x the XP and credits that Arcade mode gets and you will see an influx of players.

There need to be more incentives to play this mode.  It’s a great mode and I think Realistic is better than Arcade, but monetarily there is no reason to play it.  Repair costs are high if you go through all three ships, and rewards aren’t any better than arcade (that I have noticed). 

Give this mode 1.5x or 2x the XP and credits that Arcade mode gets and you will see an influx of players.

Great idea. I love the tension and excitement of playing ‘Realistic’ mode. But the queues are much longer than arcade, thus I am making less XP and credits per hour if I try and stick to that mode.

i would like to point out that if there are no drones. EVEN if you have a friendly ship on the point raising the cap. if a int comes in they can just kite around and they will cap it. if you are in range of the point raising the cap i dont think they should be able to cap it. seems a bit… wrong. sure if you have 2 and you are only 1 let them cap at a % more cuz they have 2v1 but in a 1v1 cap? they have favor to taking your cap? eh.

i would like to point out that if there are no drones. EVEN if you have a friendly ship on the point raising the cap. if a int comes in they can just kite around and they will cap it. if you are in range of the point raising the cap i dont think they should be able to cap it. seems a bit… wrong. sure if you have 2 and you are only 1 let them cap at a % more cuz they have 2v1 but in a 1v1 cap? they have favor to taking your cap? eh.

Free tip: You can shoot him = He can’t cap.

But not something I would expect you to be able to pull off lol.

This mode game need other beacon and less secuencial capture, more random mode.

This mode game need other beacon and less secuencial capture, more random mode.

This ain’t Beacon Hunt, son.

I’m glad this game mode props up more commonly than it used to, but most matches with Capture the beacons end up with higher stakes due to newer players not knowing what to do.

Capture the beacons is in my opinion the best game mode IF the teams are relatively even. It makes me think about every maneuver i make.

If you are in a fatt frig, then the interceptor will “hack” the beacon faster than you “unhack” it, because interceptors have a bonus for taking beacons while other ships dont have.

in smaller games ie 2v2 and 1v1 the bots either break or win the game. one sides bots will go in 1v5 and die while the other teams’ bots group up and go for points. the AI in smaller matches are just so unbalanced right now. maybe implement a way to give the bots commands? IE defend/attack. or just reduce the bots in small games to 1 maybe 2 instead of 3 in a 1v1

Theres a secret not passed among the plebean playerbase, but i will tell you out of goodwill: If the bots dont work with you, then work with them, if you do that, you will succeed, because its no use for you to charge at beacon C where the enemy bots and player are when your bots are moving to A beacon…

Also, if the player or players come after you, and you are surrounded with your botty friends, they will hit them, at least their aim isnt bad as most bad players are. So, in truth, in many battles i would prefer a bot instead of some players.

If you are in a fatt frig, then the interceptor will “hack” the beacon faster than you “unhack” it, because interceptors have a bonus for taking beacons while other ships dont have.

Even if both of you are in interceptors, you take away point from beacons faster than repairing them in Capture the beacon mode.

Even if both of you are in interceptors, you take away point from beacons faster than repairing them in Capture the beacon mode.

True!