[PvE - Mission] 'Blackwood' Shipyard

In this mission you and your squad members have to protect a Dreadnought, which is in construction. The ship is barely finished, but some of its support systems are already fuctional. They provide some decent bonuses to you while protecting it.

3 Command Stations are located around the Dreadnought, supplying it with energy and providing further intel on ship activity. Your Goal is to defend them at all costs!

Round 1 : In this round you have to protect the command stations against 3 waves of enemy ships. You have to destroy all enemy ships in each wave in order to reach the 2nd Round. Furthermore the enemies get stronger in each wave, be careful!

Round 2 : In this round you have to destroy 3 enemy Nav Stations, which are protected by enemy ships.

Round 3 : This is the final round, in this round you will face the leader of the enemy. He has a very strong ship and weapons, don’t let them hit you too much.

I have enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for making this.

In the scenario with the many turrets, in the 2nd round the game says we have to destroy objects. Sadly, the only objects on screen are friendly. The NPCs don’t care to capture either, what results in a rather long wait (or a team backspace). If that mission is bugged right now, could you get it disabled please?

EDIT: This applies only to the T4 version.

This is great.

All new content are always welcome.

Plus it greatly speeds up this scenario.

Well done devs

I’ve been really enjoying the Scenarios lately.  With just the two currently in game, would it be a reasonable assumption to think that we’ll be getting a few more of these?  Again, right now they’re very enjoyable, but I can see these getting old a bit down the road.

great job… more scenarios please…otherwise call it Scenario, and remove the word “random”.

edit:

ok, i don’t know what the deal is…but ever since the patch the T2 scenario seems waaaaaaaaaay more difficult.  i think i’m like 2-8 or something.  i’ll be the only one left getting pummeled.  a lot of times we don’t even make it past the 1st round.

i’ve done my research and asked around to fit my ships accordingly, using the right one for the right job.  i try to keep objects between me and the heavy hitters…before i was able to pull it off more than not.  now i can’t seem to finish one.  well ‘we’ since it’s a team.  and if they are all dying before me then it makes me wonder.

I think the boss can have its hp reduced and it would provide the same gameplay experience. It feels kind of un-spaceshipish to peekaboo from cover for 10 mins to kill him. 

Peek-a-boo ?

I don’t have to peek-a-boo, with my Centaur 2, I tank his lasers + pulsar. And the death ray kills him fast.

</troll>

This scenario is also bugged in T3-4 (if you don’t have any T1-2 ships active, you’ll get the T3-4 version). The objectives do not spawn in part 2, so there is nothing to destroy and you cannot complete the scenario :-/

I’ve only done the T2 version of this so I’ll only comment on that…  As already mentioned, the boss can have its hp slightly reduced.  Its current hp and dps is not really pug friendly.  Maybe adding more reinforcement waves to compensate.

Agree. The boss is very too high in HP.

T2 boss has waaaaay too much HP. And stop throwing players with T1 ships into the T2 mission, that’s effectively a wasted slot.

Is the other scenario gone have not seen it since the patch?

T2 boss has waaaaay too much HP. And stop throwing players with T1 ships into the T2 mission, that’s effectively a wasted slot.

Yes the Boss has too much HP but, actually a fully upgraded T1 rank 3 ship is better than a new stock T2 rank 1 ship. I tried this scenario with new T2 ship several times and always lost and felt a bit obsolete. One time the Matchmaker put me with my upgraded T1 ship into a T2 scenario with only other T2- ships. I thought WTH why me. But I could survive and kill much easier than in my new T2 ship. I died always at the boss or even earlier. In T1 ship I was better, survived and killed easily more foes, was the last surviving at the boss (he killed all others), finished him off alone and was second best player… . I was surprised… . So I started to join T2 Battles with my T1 ship and it felt great, much better than with the stock T2. The T1 one has about 2k HP more than the T2 and feels much more durable. One T2 Game I was best player with that T1 against only other T2 ones with most killed enemys. (all referred to imperium fighter-class ships)

So I would say T1 is not obsolete in T2- Battle, when its fully upgraded.

Wholeheartedly agree on the Hitpoints. Four people pecking away, using damage buffs and continous fire still take an awful long time to whittle down the HP. That’s a common issue with all scenarios that have boss ships/structures though. And I’d love it if the other scenarios were activated again, shipyard defense is getting pretty old to me.

Lowering the HP of the boss without removing the trigger to finish the mission is for sure a bad idea, because a proper team can take him down in 30 sec. Even a bad team can manage to finish the mission in 10 minutes if one player shows nearly proper piloting as can be seen here.

Lowering the HP of the boss without removing the trigger to finish the mission is for sure a bad idea, because a proper team can take him down in 30 sec. Even a bad team can manage to finish the mission in 10 minutes if one player shows nearly proper piloting as can be seen here.

Yeah–maybe in your T3 frigate with high end T2 frigates in your gang.  Also, it took you almost 5 minutes, not quite 30 seconds to finish the final stage.   :beee:  

Now that I can fly a high end T2 Alligator it’s going better–but only when everyone in the gang is just as good or better.  With low leveled pilots/ships the success rate is much worse, and if you are able to finish it – it takes FOREVER.  In my opinion it does not justify the income vs time spent.

I think the major issue here is a variety in difficulty depending on the participants current abilities.  Also - is there going to be another scenario?

Also, it took you almost 5 minutes, not quite 30 seconds to finish the final stage.

I wrote: “a proper team can take him down in 30 sec”. The team was not proper nor took it 30 seconds. Please only read what I have written or I have to call you a troll. Those “high end T2 frigs” didn’t manage to bring a singe support module and where sporting stabilised railguns. As soon as the add spawned they fucked off to be the least helpful possible.

A target painter is a T1 module and the valkyrie command mod is T2. Sadly most players are unable to hold down shift long enough to see what their ship is giving a bonus to.

What you fail to understand is that any nerf of the NPCs is a massive boost to good players. So good that they race ahead in a fashion that is game breaking. At some point a kind soul writes a guide and anybody and his mom is able to make 1M+/h with T2 scenarios.

Instead of whining here on the forum and putting yourself in a unfavourable light, you would do much better in finding yourself a corp with players capable of reading item descriptions.

I wrote: “a proper team can take him down in 30 sec”. The team was not proper nor took it 30 seconds. Please only read what I have written or I have to call you a troll. Those “high end T2 frigs” didn’t manage to bring a singe support module and where sporting stabilised railguns. As soon as the add spawned they fucked off to be the least helpful possible.

A target painter is a T1 module and the valkyrie command mod is T2. Sadly most players are unable to hold down shift long enough to see what their ship is giving a bonus to.

What you fail to understand is that any nerf of the NPCs is a massive boost to good players. So good that they race ahead in a fashion that is game breaking. At some point a kind soul writes a guide and anybody and his mom is able to make 1M+/h with T2 scenarios.

Instead of whining here on the forum and putting yourself in a unfavourable light, you would do much better in finding yourself a corp with players capable of reading item descriptions.

Oh dang, I misread your statement!  My bad.  I was not intending to troll.  Thanks for re-iterating that for me.        

You made a good point in that nerfing the boss would make it too easy for higher skilled players to farm at a rate that could potentially cause an imbalance.  It helps to understand your point when you add reason behind it.  (Especially for newbies like myself)  Perhaps down the line there will be harder scenarios for higher skilled players.  It’s kinda what I was getting at when I stated, “I think the major issue here is a variety in difficulty depending on the participants current abilities.”

And forgive me for coming off as whining, but I found this mission to be extremely difficult in the beginning.  So much so that it seemed disproportionate to the skill level I had when I started.  As mentioned I’ve asked around, read up on, and done my best to fit my ship accordingly and fly smart.  I did go on to mention that once I was in a better ship with better capabilities it became easier.  Even then I often find myself getting matched up with anything from T1-T4, so the outcome varies.

Take it how you may, but the people here ‘whining’ are a sign that there is room for improvement.  Also, to clarify, I don’t think it should be easy and welcome a challenge.  Perhaps something more comprehensive in the form of an easily visible guide, or better matchmaking, or a series of different scenarios in accordance to tiers would help.

Again, my bad for misreading your statement.  You obviously have a firm grasp on aspects of the game I have yet to learn and your advice to find a decent/competent corp is well received.  I know that’s a great way to speed up the learning curve in most mmo’s.  I’ve looked around for a good corp and am open to any suggestions.