Petition For More US Servers

Ping… we all hate it and some of us don’t have it, some have too much. It’s a growing issue the more and more people play this game(mainly Russians) and it’s something that needs to be addressed. 

My suggestion:

• Add 2/3 US servers
    • Primarly for players selecting “US”
      • Let 1v1’s happen

Ping is a substantial issue, for every 100ms you are 0.1 seconds behind every action you do on your ship. 

In the average US ping from Dallas to Colorado ping is around 200-240 ms, that’s 0.2 or 0.24 seconds behind every action to the servers. 

PvP is an absolute bloodbath, you get fights constantly with 0-50 ping Russians who have a distinct advantage and the funny part is… you cant fight them effectively you’re too busy zipping around doing things you dont want to do.

You may not think ping is an issue or simply want to say “Get gud” and you’d be quite naive for saying that, flying bigger ships does help but for someone like me and many more who like fast ships it’s just impossible to do well. 

I and I am sure some others are at a point were we would PAY  for US servers… just so we can fight. 

Its unlikely that we have too few servers, I think there are just not all that many US players.

I honestly don’t know if allowing smaller battels is a good idea either. :confused:

How about more EU servers? If you live in central europe you ping in Russia is not great and in america it totally screws you… The game needs more servers in total… not just US.

i have higher but more steady ping to us (~150) than to ru (50-90 fluctuating), so not the latency becomes a problem, but the quality of the line.

most games i played lately were either us (in their timezone) or most likely ru, very few eu.

i do not think there arent enough servers, as flash said, but large amount of playerbase is ru, so of course those servers get chosen more.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

i do not think there arent enough servers, as flash said, but large amount of playerbase is ru, so of course those servers get chosen more.

I had no problem with increasing the EU and US playerbase…