One piece of advice to those starting out.

When you see someone stronger than yourself, or someone you even fear confronting in battle, fight that person again and again, as many times as you see him/her.

Do this with any, and every, opponent. reluctance is something you should not tolerate in yourself, unless it’s well thought-out strategy or a good gut-feeling.

Going head first into the boiling pot as you start out will be one of the best things you can do to get better as you go along in 'most any game.

p.s. the build of your ship, implants and modules, is just as important as how you fly it, so think well about your modules, and you’ll learn how to master them.

Bake yourself into an incredible cake, and don’t be a lie.

When you see someone stronger than yourself or someone you even fear confronting in battle, fight that person again and again, as many times as you see him/her.

Do this with any, and every, opponent. reluctance is something you should not tolerate in yourself, unless it’s well thought-out strategy or a good gut-feeling.

Going head first into the boiling pot as you start out will be one of the best things you can do to get better as you go along in 'most any game.

p.s. the build of your ship, implants and modules, is just as important as how you fly it, so think well about your modules, and you’ll learn how to master them.

no pick of weaklings first lol. that will help ur team. 

In other words -

Release your inner masochist.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

So on and so forth.

just eat the enemy team

Stalk the player that runs at 10% and finish them off!!! :slight_smile:

…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you lost me.

Usually it is better to fight players with almost equal strength. Figthing much stronger players won’t teach you anything when you die instantly.

except to fight harder, faster, and rethink modules, how you fight, etc. if you die instantly, at least you’ll find out you’re doing something wrong.

Another way is to have that person fight you 1 vs 1 and teach you certain styles of combat, etc. Again and again, until you survive another second longer, until you kill him/her.

If anything, this is my fever dream :smiley:

Nah, this 1v1 mentallity is just wrong since this is supposedly a team game. If I were to fight the most skilled players of this game, I’d probably lose every fight unless I got assistance, and that wouldn’t teach me much honestly, I’d be also bad for my team. 

What I would do is, instead, take him down with someone else help, take him down while he’s fighting with another player, takin him down with a surprise attack, or simply ignore him and go for objetives or for weaker players (this also count as objetives on certain game modes).

Identifying good pilotz, to check their loadouts and how they “move” on the map : yes.

Go 1 on 1 to fight them? Useless! Ambush 3vs1, that’s the way to go :smiley:

Just fight on your terms and don’t fight on his, then you can fight everyone.

And i think it is not nonsense to go fight the stronger players. You will not learn from easy fights, most of the time one only learns through defeat.

Just fight on your terms and don’t fight on his, then you can fight everyone.

And i think it is not nonsense to go fight the stronger players. You will not learn from easy fights , most of the time one only learns through defeat.

True. But actually, focusing the less skilled player leaving him alone against 1vs2 or 3 it’s always the smarter tactic since you can’t always have a good fit to counter a good player in a good fit. At least this is what i do usually, if i’m on 1vs2 I try to kill first the weaker and then the good one. It gives time to my teammates to join me to face the “pro”, if they don’t came t help me at least i don’t have to deal with guided missiles while dogfighting with someone that is not a crab. (in those fights most of the time it’s the n00b that will kills you with his guided/“fire and forget” stuffs).

This is one of the reason i don’t really like t3, it’ full of nabs as it deserve to be since it’s not end game content. Nabs that basically you have to farm in order to win (most of the time).

Back when I started I used to be killed all day by our dear Takamina. He had a Kalah with stab rails and could easily gib my own kalah no matter how many times I threw myself at him.

So I thought this through, I kicked the engy from my roster and picked a covop instead. Next time I saw him, I snuck up behind him with my camo and shat a proxy mine + minefield on top of him and he went boom.

As Sun Tzu said: Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected and use explosives.

Powerful, inspirational Wolfkhan. I get baked as often as I can.

Back when I started I used to be killed all day by our dear Takamina. He had a Kalah with stab rails and could easily gib my own kalah no matter how many times I threw myself at him.

So I thought this through, I kicked the engy from my roster and picked a covop instead. Next time I saw him, I snuck up behind him with my camo and shat a proxy mine + minefield on top of him and he went boom.

Leave Takamina alone! ;_;

(A covert ops with a proxy mine tho?)

But seriously, don’t beat up on Mr. T and his entourage in the lower tiers dude. Doing so will get you on his ignore list as he takes it all very, very seriously…

RRVScPs.jpg

(Not hating on the guy, but he has raged at me in both English and Russian a few times).

This is good advice but relies heavily on a player having the capacity to learn from their mistakes, which a lot don’t seem capable of. There is a mentality amongst some that their deaths/loses are due to anything but their lack of skill.

A covert ops with a proxy mine tho?

He’s talking about stab rails so this is probably from an old version of the game with dual ammos and AOE healing torpedo boats

well milf did teach me a lot by roflstomping me. 

but still, pick of weaklings first so ur actually worth something on ur team. 

Nah, this 1v1 mentallity is just wrong since this is supposedly a team game.

This. If you really want to learn, fly on one of your teammates wings and figure out how to keep him alive. Two together are stronger than one.

Here’s something to consider. Lots of people hate frigballs. And I have a theory as to why they are so effective. Frigates are the slowest ships in the game, and as a result, they tend to stick together. Interceptors and fighters have a wide variation of speeds that make it easy to break off and go solo. So instead of gratifying the inner Rambo, what do you suppose would happen if players actually flew with a wingmate?

So instead of gratifying the inner Rambo, what do you suppose would happen if players actually flew with a wingmate?

They will rage on the killsteal? :005j:

They will rage on the killsteal? :005j:

There are no killsteals in war. Only in games where players care too much about personal stats and not enough about helping their team.

But since this is a game, you are probably right.