Offline Mode

After seeing some community desire for this, I figured that I might make an official suggestion for it.

Basically my proposal is that there be an option for an “Offline Mode” or basically “Single-player” mode for when we are traveling or cannot connect to a decent network.

This means restricting the use of the market and store in the game to prevent bypasses and illegal buying of things, but maybe an alternative option where after winning a certain number of battles, players can level up their present equipment.

The option would keep the usual calculations for after-battle rewards, as well as the last-known values and drop-rates for all items. The player would be able to change ships and loadouts using the items that they currently have. (Which will require a very small encrypted manifest of items for use offline.)
The allowed battle options would be PvE and PvAI. PvAI would remain unchanged, but PvE would need to be toned down very slightly for some missions. All missions would need to have their max-spawns number reduced to reflect for the lack of a team, and damage would need to be lowered slightly for some enemies like those who use shrapnel canons in Ariadne’s Thread.
Everything would still give normal rewards and loot searches for wins and losses, and it would be stored so that when the player reconnects, their balances are updated. Upon connection and disconnection, there should always be manifest checks to make sure that the player is not changing anything when offline. If something besides statistics has been changed, it should void that offline session. Making “hacking” the game neither possible nor useful.

This kind of mode would be fantastic for players who commonly have very high ping and loss, or players who like to play on the road or where there is no wifi. I personally would love it because my internet is very unstable sometimes, and I do travel a bit. (often to places with no wifi…)

This is completely possible and would require very few resources. Just consider it.

Development checklist:
1: alternate mode hangar when no internet connection.
2: black out market.
3: black out shop.
4: make statistic manifests when logging in/out.
5: make inventory manifests when logging in/out.
6: Tone down PvE difficulty very slightly.

+1[000000000000000000000000]

… and the haxxors would love it – writing game stats on to the disc ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) until next login to SC servers

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

… and the haxxors would love it – writing game stats on to the disc ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”) until next login to SC servers

This could be somewhat prevented by setting a daily/weekly cap of max ressources. But in the end this feature will not be implemented because it is way to expensive while not having any monetary benefit.

14 minutes ago, John161 said:

This could be somewhat prevented by setting a daily/weekly cap of max ressources. But in the end this feature will not be implemented because it is way to expensive while not having any monetary benefit.

Whaaaat? Keeping players playing has no benefit??? Impressive.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Whaaaat? Keeping players playing has no benefit??? Impressive.

I don’t think that having a offline mode will have any significant postive impact on the player base. Noone starts this game (and buys DLC’s/GS) for having a offline mode, and these who would stay because of the offline mode can probably counted at one hand. In the end they have to invest more then they will get out of such a offline mode.

59 minutes ago, John161 said:

I don’t think that having a offline mode will have any significant postive impact on the player base. Noone starts this game (and buys DLC’s/GS) for having a offline mode, and these who would stay because of the offline mode can probably counted at one hand. In the end they have to invest more then they will get out of such a offline mode.

Whaaaat? Making players happy has no benefit??? Impressive.

51 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Whaaaat? Making players happy has no benefit??? Impressive.

![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”) What I’m trying to say is that the benefit is quite small compared to the effort they have to put in. How many players can you say me that will increase their ‘investment’ in Star Conflict if it would have an offline mode.

42 minutes ago, John161 said:

![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”) What I’m trying to say is that the benefit is quite small compared to the effort they have to put in. How many players can you say me that will increase their ‘investment’ in Star Conflict if it would have an offline mode.

You are starting to think like the devs, friend. This is a game. It may be a job for some, but the ultimate purpose is for fun.

22 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You are starting to think like the devs, friend. This is a game. It may be a job for some, but the ultimate purpose is for fun.

I’m only thinking somewhat like them when reading through suggestions and thinking about how likely they are implemented and what speaks against them. I also would like to have my own local offline sc server for testing purposes.

25 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

If the purpose is for fun then why would anyone spend time doing incredibly dull things (PvE) offline? The fun part of the game is the online part…

12 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

If the purpose is for fun then why would anyone spend time doing incredibly dull things (PvE) offline? The fun part of the game is the online part…

To some.

Fun is in the mind of the beholder. Xp

offline and onlie should operate on different accounts to not link each other

modding offline mode adding new ships etc.  controversal case, game developpers would waste time doing offline mode new content,why not let players do the offline mode content?  it would be fun to fly  dreadnought  and jump into  level 17 system with tons of aliens or fly the alien ships! yes fly hunter fly predator fly alien destroyer to fight another destroyer.

offline mode problem - cheating, memory editors gamemodifications trainers  would definietly ruin the offline mode. - workaround?  separate server for "offline online mode without disturbing online mode,still offline  needs separate account and if u want go from offline to online you have to log off and log in again with different account.

what about different look? why not make procedurally generated solar systems like in no mans sky,it would be something interessing where you could  travel outside solar system borders and with random chance  get to another solar system,of course passing throught between systems space would be dangerous i.e pirate raids,aliens.there would be infinite amount of solar systes  to visit and systems you explored  could have chance to spawn additional daily tasks/missions.

offline and online mode content - new stuff should go online first then offline perhaps if we could create ships as players from parts of exsistng ships? who would refuse to fly a  one archon that was archon in half and another half is invincible, dual weapon systems, twie more energy,shields,hull 8 system slots for  stuff like piro emitters,photon emitters,  24 cargo slots  and 15 ship midifiers so possible to do example build  3 3 3 3 3 or extend  the max slots to 5 and total ship modifiers to 18 so we could have 1 2 5 5 5 5.

offline mode would work with pvp moe via  LAN network if ever any1 has multiple computers connected.