NERF TURTLES

Please nerf turtle, they are stupendously too touchy, even a small touch at 1 m/s does max damage!

Turtles are fine.

Until you make a music video of you and people getting ramsploded by turtles they are fine.

40 minutes ago, APSingh said:

Please nerf turtle, they are stupendously too touchy, even a small touch at 1 m/s does max damage!

yea well tell that to my damn destroyer, 3 turtle hit and everything on the destroyer is dead except for weapons and missile slot thingy, and normal weapons don’t go thru shield either.

Oh BTW this happened after those turtles hit me and came to halt right next to me, so if bulged even an inch, an inch!, they did full damage, and hence how i lost all 4 modules on it!

12 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Until you make a music video of you and people getting ramsploded by turtles they are fine.

video huh, i guess thats out of question, it’ll take me years to get my voice to be an iota of that level lol

The problem with turtles is that it force a specific weapon (AOE damage). 

Their big front shield should have a durability. 

43 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

The problem with turtles is that it force a specific weapon (AOE damage). 

Their big front shield should have a durability. 

Turtles spawn on 2 maps - Fire Support and Defense Contract. On both of those maps AoE weapons are primary choice due to large groups of clustered, low HP targets. Also - Turtles are not the only ships there that spawn with directional shields - destroyers are spawning there too. 

Also - properly fitted destroyer with Halo and Photons can solo Defense Contract from the start to the end. In case of Fire Support it’s a little harder as positioning is the key there. 

8 minutes ago, niripas said:

Turtles spawn on 2 maps - Fire Support and Defense Contract. On both of those maps AoE weapons are primary choice due to large groups of clustered, low HP targets. Also - Turtles are not the only ships there that spawn with directional shields - destroyers are spawning there too. 

Also - properly fitted destroyer with Halo and Photons can solo Defense Contract from the start to the end. In case of Fire Support it’s a little harder as positioning is the key there. 

I know this already, since I do it all way along.

Doesn’t change the fact that an alternative to face turtles is a good idea.

I agree with Niri. 

I am not a big PvE player in this game, but I see as preparation to do a PvE mission including preparing the right equipment, having the right resistances, etc. If we look at the big sis Eve, it is not very different there.

Figuring it out and beating the level is step 1.

After that it is more about effectiveness. After all, winning the PvE is kinda after a while not the question, and it would not make much sense to make victory a fifty-fifty thing, as the NPCs probably dont care about their W/L.

3 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Doesn’t change the fact that an alternative to face turtles is a good idea.

you can fly around them and kill them from behind ? ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Anyway, maybe durability, like Sho suggested, but as a form of cooldown, so with enough damage you could make the shield disable for a while, and get a shot or two through? But it somehow is pretty easy, once you have the ship for it, so I dunno if it is that important…

Destroyers’ shields can be bypassed by yourself and you can easy maneuver them out. You can’t say the same about turtles as even with fighters you need at least be build for such maneuver to do that. And if you need to do that you will eat up to 12k hits before resistances meaning most times 2 shots.
Not that niri is wrong, but the turtles itself are OP. Just because they aren’t in an evironment with multiple extrem strong single enemies make them doable. Now think if you would need DPM weapons to kill enemies fast instead of soloing weak group enemies and then needing to face turtles at the same time.
They need a close look at them thought if added to other maps/missions/whatever.

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Did somebody say video?

4 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Destroyers’ shields can be bypassed by yourself and you can easy maneuver them out. You can’t say the same about turtles as even with fighters you need at least be build for such maneuver to do that. And if you need to do that you will eat up to 12k hits before resistances meaning most times 2 shots.
Not that niri is wrong, but the turtles itself are OP. Just because they aren’t in an evironment with multiple extrem strong single enemies make them doable. Now think if you would need DPM weapons to kill enemies fast instead of soloing weak group enemies and then needing to face turtles at the same time.
They need a close look at them thought if added to other maps/missions/whatever.

Well, yeah - properly built ship is the key to any mission. You are talking about DPS weapons - there is no higher DPS weapon for this map for a fighter than a singularity cannon. Which penetrates turtle shield. So first 2 waves of turtles you can just pop out of the cover, squeeze a bubble or two, and kill those 4 turtles. Or for gunship - combat reboot and fire additional bubbles in one salvo. Or grab dmg boost and then kill them. The issue for this maps is that it prefers frigates or even destroyers. So in the final wave before the cruiser if you are happening to aggro all the turtles, you have to dodge, or get them in the tunnel. Your bubbles will penetrate all of them, but only the front turtle will be able to actually damage you. Example of those tunnels are: the one just after the first wall that goes to the cave (looks like vent - turtles cannot follow you there), or the cave tunnel that goes to from the main area inside the cave on the opposite side from the spawn.

In Defense Contract - Turtles are spawning about 10 kilometers from player position, so they are not an issue to thin them out before their shrapnels will come to effective range. 

Before they buffed the cruiser it was soloable with LB using sings and DDs,but now I dont think even SPORK can do it,haven’t tried cuz i didnt have too much GS back then,but now i sold my laptop,paid the debt back to my mom for some of the components from my rig and im left with 200$,either spend them on a 1070 after 4-5 months or buy some DLCs with GS OR win some events(if i will have the luck to get one about making videos,prolly MLG ones),but,its still soloable with Mauler,you just gotta get those torps right to get all the 4 engines and the rear side turrets,then head for the bottom,get the bottom rear ones and then try to go for the left or right bottom corner in the front,if you place it right you can damage both the bottom front turrets and the one on the left or right,then get the singularity ones,RT for the top(dont forget the EM-Scatter)and take down the fast-sings ones,go in the middle of the top-rear ones,get them approx at the same time,go for the side turrets,hit the singularity one closes to the missile launcher and then you are left to finish off the cruiser at~20% HP left,thats the most dull part,and also mind the Demos,you can use the 13a to boost the CD as they prefer quantity over qualit so thats a advantage,you know what,why write a book about it when you can make a video?I think I did one in the past but that was on the laptop,now that i have a dank GTX i can use shadow play and get the 420 FPS recordings right on track,oh I almost forgot: 

happy now Hillary?

Well, I solo it with the Antares. FULL DPS build with enough range on guns to shoot outside of turrets range (they have 6k range). 

Much easier then with a mauler. 

5 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Well, I solo it with the Antares. FULL DPS build with enough range on guns to shoot outside of turrets range (they have 6k range). 

Much easier then with a mauler. 

Thats the easy way,try dodging missiles from 1.5Km and im using a shared cooler for the engine,the 75% strafe speed implant is enough.

7 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Thats the easy way,try dodging missiles from 1.5Km and im using a shared cooler for the engine,the 75% strafe speed implant is enough.

I use turn rate implant ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) (with shared cooler)

Just now, Papitas said:

I use turn rate implant ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) (with shared cooler)

How you do with the dodging?(shields up too)

9 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

How you do with the dodging?(shields up too)

3km should be enough if you are strafing all the time with AB. Just know the pace (like playing a song) and youll be fine. i usually strafe up and a side, then down to the other side. It gets hard with shields but you can do it. With hulls is quite easy.

A mauler can solo the cruiser, true. 

But, how do you solo the army of turtles and stuff BEFORE the cruiser spawn? If they reach you, it’s instant death. 

At least with the Antares, you insta kill everything, even suppressors. 

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

A mauler can solo the cruiser, true. 

But, how do you solo the army of turtles and stuff BEFORE the cruiser spawn? If they reach you, it’s instant death. 

At least with the Antares, you insta kill everything, even suppressors. 

Smart EM-Scatter and RT combos,dont forget to try and keep the torp to the cruiser stage but if its really needed you can use them,also,I was left to solo the mission halfway through many times so on FS is easier than on Defcon by a bit,hide in the tunnels and keep shooting the walls until everything around you dies,roughly the same stuff with Defcon,that is the best done in the last wave,then try yo outrun the Commander to the tower near the cruiser spawn and when he is getting close yto you you can peek out a bit and fire,its much easier is its a Dragon Commander,but a bit harder to hit from a distance.