'Moriarty' Virus Issue - Monolith

‘Moriarty’ Virus on activation

• Forces user to shoot their ally with unavoidable aimbot for beam weapons.
    • Only used on ‘Destroyers’ for obvious reasons.
      • xxxx in every way imaginable. 

Issue:

• Cool down for AI using this in  ‘Monolith’ is non-existent.
    • AI ECM’s if not killed spam this module and you litterly  cannot  defend yourself. 
      • I had but a second to react to shoot it, and it was activated again.
    • I’ve tried this 3 times so far and it all is the same.
      • They don’t get a cool down period, if you have more than one… they gang-activate on you. 

Give it a cool down. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Yeah, I brought up the issue that is the ‘moriarty’ virus not long ago in another thread

EDIT: sigh… spoiler thingo keeps slotting the rest of my posts into itself despite being outside the tag…

Which oh would you look at the vote others don’t like Moriarty being given to Ai with heavily modified parameters either. But if the devs are willing to compromise and just git it a longer cooldown for the Ai rather than ~8 seconds then so be it.

3 hours ago, Snerpes said:

‘Moriarty’ Virus on activation

• Forces user to shoot their ally with unavoidable aimbot for beam weapons.
  • Only used on ‘Destroyers’ for obvious reasons.
  • xxxx in every way imaginable. 

Issue:

• Cool down for AI using this in  ‘Monolith’ is non-existent.
  • AI ECM’s if not killed spam this module and you litterly  cannot  defend yourself. 
  • I had but a second to react to shoot it, and it was activated again.
  • I’ve tried this 3 times so far and it all is the same.
  • They don’t get a cool down period, if you have more than one… they gang-activate on you. 

Give it a cool down. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

They do have a cooldown of 12 seconds (yes I checked that on your own video :)). It’s waaay to short in my humble opinion. Looks like a by design to tell people to not fly a destroyers there :wink: (or a bug). If you insist on flying a dessie try implant 2-3 and double proton walls.

I run 2 proton walls without the implant and get by just fine, you also have modules to kill them with.
The real issue is that players rush objectives without clearing, eventually leading up to being overwhelmed by superior numbers.

6 hours ago, DevWAR said:

I run 2 proton walls without the implant and get by just fine, you also have modules to kill them with.
The real issue is that players rush objectives without clearing, eventually leading up to being overwhelmed by superior numbers.

There is no teamwork, there is a new virus - n00bism. Cause of it: stupidity instead of heroism.

Remove it all together. Its a horrible mechanic and everyone damn well knows it.

And the cool down means SQUAT when a destroyer has 2 or 3 ECMs on them. It turns into a permanent control.

2 hours ago, IronPagan said:

Remove it all together. Its a horrible mechanic and everyone damn well knows it.

And the cool down means SQUAT when a destroyer has 2 or 3 ECMs on them. It turns into a permanent control.

Just don’t take a destroyer then. It’s a horrible thinking taking a destroyer without controlling effect protection to the map known from ECM saturation…

Seriously - this map can be 5 minutes walk in the park with 2 people that know what are they doing and 2 with half a brain that will just not interfere (or bots - w/e), or 20 minutes nightmare if people will insist on taking suboptimally configured ships. 

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Just don’t take a destroyer then. It’s a horrible thinking taking a destroyer without controlling effect protection to the map known from ECM saturation…

Seriously - this map can be 5 minutes walk in the park with 2 people that know what are they doing and 2 with half a brain that will just not interfere (or bots - w/e), or 20 minutes nightmare if people will insist on taking suboptimally configured ships. 

I took it and I never had any bigger problems. Of course, I always have at least one Proton Wall equipped.