More ammunition!

I’d like to see some new unique ammunition types in the game:

Kinetic:

High Ex Charges:

Makes your weapon explosive.

It would add a 50m blast radius to non explosive weapons and it would increase the blast radius of already explosive guns by 50m.

Precision Charges:

Increases critical damage by 20%, reduces rate of fire by 10%

Coulomb Shells:

Adds an EM damage over time. Active time: 3s, worth 10% of your weapon’s base dps

Thermal

Superheated Lens:

Increases the heating rate of enemy ship’s weapons by 30%

‘B.U.R.N.’-System

Adds thermal damage over time, worth 15% of the base dps over 5s. Reduces damage by 10%.

Pulsating lens

Increases damage by 20%, reduces time to overheat by 50%

EM:

Multistage Deflector:

Increases critical chance by 11%, reduces rate of fire by 5%.

Superconductive coils:

Increases rate of fire by 30%, reduces damage by 20%

Hot plasma:

Each critical hit will add a thermal damage over time. The damage over time deals as much damage as 30% of the initial hits damage over 5s.

Im game ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

these are cool ideas, the crit damage kinetic one isn’t effective enough for a firerate debuff, i think it would be better as just a +20% crit damage

as for the AOE one, it sounds awesome

I want an AI version for the players … A single ship, because class doesn’t really matter to AI ships  … It should be  rank 1 with a base speed of 700mps a base strafe speed of 700mps and a base acceleration of 700mps it should have a base hull of 250,000 and a base shield of 250,000 and a base hull and shield all resistance of 300 . The missiles should have a 1 sec cool down and a 10 sec recharge and the cassette should carry 25 missiles. the main weapon should be a strange unidentified auto-tracking thermal weapon that has EM radiation damage  a kinetic explosion in a 750 m radius dealing a steady 125,000 DPS .1 cool down and a 120 sec heat rate firing at 600 rpm at a 10,000 m range … and I want to take that ship into Ariadne’s thread.

50 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

I want an AI version for the players … A single ship, because class doesn’t really matter to AI ships  … It should be  rank 1 with a base speed of 700mps a base strafe speed of 700mps and a base acceleration of 700mps it should have a base hull of 250,000 and a base shield of 250,000 and a base hull and shield all resistance of 300 . The missiles should have a 1 sec cool down and a 10 sec recharge and the cassette should carry 25 missiles. the main weapon should be a strange unidentified auto-tracking thermal weapon that has EM radiation damage  a kinetic explosion in a 750 m radius dealing a steady 125,000 DPS .1 cool down and a 120 sec heat rate firing at 600 rpm at a 10,000 m range … and I want to take that ship into Ariadne’s thread.

How is this relevant to this suggestion?

15 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

How is this relevant to this suggestion?

Its more than relevant … this game runs on DPS and strafe only , ammo wont change the out come of Co-Op , PVE or PVP . I like your idea about ammo though . but until we can actually tank or do serious DPS to AI we will win 10% of PVE in a random queue and be slaves to the MM of PVP … Its statistically impossible to loose 9/10 PVP matches if your a good player and have a reasonable team , but it happens to me EVERY day and I see NOTHING but negative comments about it in the forum posts .  You can’t win against the ship i designed here even with your ammo …  Ariadne’s Thread , Thar’Ga/Tai’kin Co-Op , Disaster MM in PVP … until these things are fixed no amount of ammo will help . 

32 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

Its more than relevant … this game runs on DPS and strafe only , ammo wont change the out come of Co-Op , PVE or PVP . I like your idea about ammo though . but until we can actually tank or do serious DPS to AI we will win 10% of PVE in a random queue and be slaves to the MM of PVP … Its statistically impossible to loose 9/10 PVP matches if your a good player and have a reasonable team , but it happens to me EVERY day and I see NOTHING but negative comments about it in the forum posts .  You can’t win against the ship i designed here even with your ammo …  Ariadne’s Thread , Thar’Ga/Tai’kin Co-Op , Disaster MM in PVP … until these things are fixed no amount of ammo will help . 

1st and foremost - your post is irrelevant to the topic

2nd - this is an arcade game - it’s always been “dps, agility, tank” game

3rd - I actually played 50 PvE games in a random queue in last 3 days to gather such data - lost 6 of them (that included 4 Ariadne’s Thread runs, 3 of which were successful)

4th - you are not losing 9 out of 10 PvP games on average. It happened for you once, on 12th of September. Your average from last 3 months  is 42% games won. Your K/D ratio is less than 1, so it means that you probably play mostly support role, however even with K/D of 0.2 few days ago, you still had 60% won games and you were averaging 2 assists per game. So yeah, MM was trying to help you. 

All data was taken from SCORP’s userinfo database, you can see for yourself. 

If you have a problem with Ellydium waves in Co-Op - have one guard with full 2 EM resists, shield splitter and pulsar ready in slot just for that. Full crit positron as a main gun. It’s very hard to die in such ship, unless you go to the open against the whole team. 

Back to the topic - I like it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Kinetic

Ariadne’s Yellow Death

3x Damage against AI , Explodes into nano cloud that heals hull for all allies in a 3000 m radius

Thermal

Ariadne’s Red Death

3x Damage against AI , Irradiates area with nano radiation increasing the hull and shield resistances for all allies in a 3000 m radius

EM

Ariadne’s Blue Death

3x Damage against AI , Leaves nano Trail that heals shields for all allies in its path

there is some ammo that would help with PVE and Co-Op and not affect PVP at all . I leave the actual buff data to the Dev’s

29 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Back to the topic - I like it

Your right I don’t loose much … But I have been farming electrum for 2 weeks now in Defense Contract with a Kraken . My support role that you see is that 6/10 times I do the whole match solo … what a supportive LRF I am …  More at ten . Back to you , Dan

Like the alien resonating ammo, we need “hypermagnetic” ammo or something that deals super damage to AI and bots.

This topic is not about PvE difficulty, ffs! -.-

I just wanted to suggest some new (and maybe interesting) ammo types for more diverse builds. I balanced the stats mostily around PvP.

57 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

This topic is not about PvE difficulty, ffs! -.-

I just wanted to suggest some new (and maybe interesting) ammo types for more diverse builds. I balanced the stats mostily around PvP.

This is the whole problem with this PVP based game  … its more about PVE due to the PVP being so xxxx*ked up for the past year . and sense 75% of the player  base does PVE almost exclusively they find it hard to play PVE with the PVP nerfed ships everybody spams the forum about … tharga was perfect for spec ops before the strafe was nerfed down to a frigate … taikin was bada$$ in PVE before the main weapon was nerfed to the point nobody uses it any more … wasgot was  a healing God before the PVPers cried a river and they nerfed the shield heals to nonexistence … now you see these ships in PVE … dead in space  like the scrap metal they are … and who finishes the PVE match ???  old rank 15 ship that actually work

Taz, stick with the topic please.

I like your ideas fro the ammo man. Plus one from me.

Also I pretty much agree with what Taz had to say.

Interesting ammo-suggestions!

How about:

* smoke-screen ammo

* cycle through ammo types option for main-guns and missile-slot ammo (especially in the bigger ships like frigates and destroyers)

* don’t forget the missiles, not much evolution on this front…

59 minutes ago, avarshina said:

* cycle through ammo types option for main-guns and missile-slot ammo (especially in the bigger ships like frigates and destroyers)

* don’t forget the missiles, not much evolution on this front…

These used to exist.

Keys F1 and F2 for ammo types. F3 and F4 for missile types.

They took it away around April or May of 2013. I was really upset they took that away.

4 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

These used to exist.

Keys F1 and F2 for ammo types. F3 and F4 for missile types.

They took it away around April or May of 2013. I was really upset they took that awa away.

I want that ‘plasma needle’ system back for the Phaser! Kinetic Phaser would be awesome…

smoke missile that screws with locking systems of targets inside the smokescreen would be awesome, everyone inside the smoke would be radar-invisible but would have their radar jammed

I love it. Make its own suggestion.