Missing texture on smoke and more

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | Since last time I played, a year ago more or less, more textures are now missing… This was a constant but never happened in the battlefield… now there are black moving dots in the back of the shops (smoke I suppose) and randomly in the battlefield (are not items because if I pass through nothing happens… |
| What you expected to see | textures |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | when ships are hit and going around in the battlefield |
| Problem details | in the picture you can see the smoke and the black “random” pixels

my config:
Kernel: 5.2.1-arch1-1-ARCH
Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1080, 1920x1080
DE: Xfce
WM: Xfwm4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (16) @ 4.000GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 580
Memory: 64 GiB |
| Frequency of reproduction | frequent |
| Time of bug |   |

20190722151143_1.jpg.e0388150b339d9b45f91055e6e177aa2.jpg

Already reported multiple times:

https://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/63253-v-stime-problemy-s-otobrazheniem-pilgrim-i-taikin/

We know

yeh its really annoying can not use any of my fav ships because if this 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19dGyBzWQLU-TipeP_NKJLp6la7Gkdwyu/view?usp=sharing

and Ze’Ta was fine and now after phase 3 it has same issue …

Ze’Ta was never fine, Teleportation Sphere always resulted in the missing effects effect.

so when are you going to fix the missing textures for Linux … 

not to mention it also shows how easy it is for hackers to exploit the game as you can see cloaked ships because of this simple glitch watching the trails of smoke everywhere just from renaming a few textures 

Still doing this in Debian Linux. In hangar & in game there are black squares for textures.

Hey there I have a question about partial missing textures on Planets. I search the forum but couldn’t find anything and still have this issue for years now. (Attached 2 images).

I am not affected by the missing smoke textures only facing this issue.

I’m running the game on openSUSE Tumbleweed with the NVIDIA closed source driver: 440.31.

GPU: NVidia GT 730M (2GB VRAM)

CPU: i5-3230M

RAM: 8 GB

Graphic preset: Low

Prime support: Optimus Manager via suse-prime-bbswitch

could this be caused by the amount of VRAM available for my GPU or did I just missed something else?

Edit: Found the old topic, but got no response there:

Kind regards and thank you for your help in advanced ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

20191226122453_1.jpg.56427e9991bf81b6328602c06f444bcd.jpg

20191226123011_1.jpg.7d4a919068fe1d1c7d516438a9748dcf.jpg

Hi. I’m using Pop OS based on Ubuntu 19.10 and the problem for both planet textures and smoke textures still exists.

This texture bug makes it difficult to play the Long Rage Frigates since you’ll encounter the bug sooner or later. The bug always seems to show up if you use Reverse Thruster.

If it’s necessary I can provide more of my system info. Thanks!

1 hour ago, SiudaPL said:

Hi. I’m using Pop OS based on Ubuntu 19.10 and the problem for both planet textures

You can work around the planet texture issue by setting texture quality to medium or higher. The performance impact should be minimal.

John161 thanks for a quick response but medium and high texture workaround doesn’t really work for me.

Also the bug with smoke is more serious since it’s a obstacle if you play like Long Range Frigates.

If bug is a tricky one to fix maybe devs should reduce dependency upon this effect, like hull fixing modules stopping the smoke immediately. This would made Long Range Frigates somehow playable for players with a bug.

9 hours ago, SiudaPL said:

John161 thanks for a quick response but medium and high texture workaround doesn’t really work for me.

Sry, just rechecked it, and it seems like I still have that issue on my Intel iGPU. Could have sworn this fixed it last time.

9 hours ago, SiudaPL said:

Also the bug with smoke is more serious since it’s a obstacle if you play like Long Range Frigates.

If bug is a tricky one to fix maybe devs should reduce dependency upon this effect, like hull fixing modules stopping the smoke immediately. This would made Long Range Frigates somehow playable for players with a bug.

That “smoke” is typically shown for missing effects. Both the Linux and Mac versions of this game are on extremely limited life support. The devs don’t seem to have any interest in fixing these bugs.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:36 AM, John161 said:

That “smoke” is typically shown for missing effects

If that’s the case that is a real shame since it can be fixed quick. Linux and Mac users are people too. Some of them, like me, might as well already spend their hard earned pesos in the game…

same here

Hi all, same here with Ubuntu 18.04.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, MdMaxSC said:

Hi all, same here with Ubuntu 18.04.

Stop playing, they will never gonna fix it, they don’t care about us Linux users