Mining emitter fix

Hello,

I’m here to propose a fix or an improvement to the mining emitter weapon of the ship Mole (Emitter ML-V2). The issue is, that in mining certain weapons, such as Thi’lith cannons with low enough fire rate are better in mining asteroids, because there is no need for stopping firing. Asteroid will be perfectly mined every time with this weapon with 0 risk of exploding. What I mean by that, is the emitter should not be able to explode asteroids at all. The ability to hold the asteroid longer in heat does not help much, because there is always risk of overdoing it and the mining can fail. It is simply annoying to use. I think that the improvement of the emitter would greatly increase the comfort of usage and value of the Mole ship.

That, or actually increasing the amount of resources dropped when you have mined an asteroid. That way no new mechanics need to be added, and players still can benefit in some way by using the Mining Laser instead of any other weapon.

yes, with other weapons you can get 3/4 loots, with Mole’s weapon you get 5, even if, yes, you must control the rate of fire…

22 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That, or actually increasing the amount of resources dropped when you have mined an asteroid. That way no new mechanics need to be added, and players still can benefit in some way by using the Mining Laser instead of any other weapon.

amBQ8X4_700b.jpg

31 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

amBQ8X4_700b.jpg

No. Both would be optimal. But I know we can’t count on decent changes like that.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No. Both would be optimal. But I know we can’t count on decent changes like that.

We can count on it, the difficult part is receiving them ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

4 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

We can count on it, the difficult part is receiving them ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I mean like… the “Asteroid Conquerer” bonus already exists. Just make it tied to the Mining Laser too and we’re solid. XD

On 6/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, Xpsencor said:

Hello,

I’m here to propose a fix or an improvement to the mining emitter weapon of the ship Mole (Emitter ML-V2). The issue is, that in mining certain weapons, such as Thi’lith cannons with low enough fire rate are better in mining asteroids, because there is no need for stopping firing. Asteroid will be perfectly mined every time with this weapon with 0 risk of exploding. What I mean by that, is the emitter should not be able to explode asteroids at all. The ability to hold the asteroid longer in heat does not help much, because there is always risk of overdoing it and the mining can fail. It is simply annoying to use. I think that the improvement of the emitter would greatly increase the comfort of usage and value of the Mole ship.

Try shooting in bursts of 3 ticks. 

Hold the trigger until the third tick > Pause for 0.5 sec. > Hold the trigger until the third tick > Pause  > repeat until it explodes.

23 minutes ago, WildWilderness said:

Try shooting in bursts of 3 ticks. 

Hold the trigger until the third tick > Pause for 0.5 sec. > Hold the trigger until the third tick > Pause  > repeat until it explodes.

I know how to mine perfectly every time, but that’s not what it is about. If some weapons allow you to not do that, then let’s make a mining tool better. I have to do it every time, which quickly becomes annoying. With guns like thi’lith you just have to press the trigger and wait, which is ridiculous compared to a mining emitter.

The fun thing is since the Mole has been shown up and was introduces as a “Mining ship with a mining” it is strange that the Fighter ships can outclass it with the Thi´Lith weapon when you have found the perfect RoF where you just press attack and wait until the Astro drops his stuff while with the Laser type weapons you constandly have to keep an eye for your attack and halt for a brief moment to prevent the risk of exploding the Astro but if a slip up occurs you destroy it or you get less recources from it.

I even have tested it with other weapons and different combinations for the RoF but for some unknown reason it seems that the Thi´Lith is the best choice over all other weapons if you wanna go for the perfect drops from an Astro.

The “easiest fix” imo would simply be that the ML-V2 cuts the mining time to 4 seconds by simply hiting the Astro and when it “overheats” it explodes but gives the perfect extraction. Even if i´m no programm i assume that it should not be that hard to make just a check what weapon is hiting the Astro and what the drop result is when it explodes. Atm a Astor mining takes roughly 20 seconds so this change would cut the the time by 4/5 and give a perfect extraction to call the Mole and it´s unique ML-V2 weapon a Mining Ship.