Linux client stopped working after Steam update

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | Linux client stopped working after Steam update.
The launcher loads, music is playing, but all buttons are not clickable. |
| What you expected to see | Clicking on the login button causes game client to be loaded, other buttons do some stuff too |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Steam Linux client start with latest steam version |
| Problem details | Linux client stopped working after Steam update.
The launcher loads, music is playing, but all buttons are not clickable.
Most logs have zero size, game log is short and nothing interesting there except wrong image format errors. |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

Try:

Steam > Settings > Steam Play > Proton Experimental

yes same here on 2 different linux distros :-/

13 hours ago, avarshina said:

Try:

Steam > Settings > Steam Play > Proton Experimental

well not working and make no sense o use proton when is native linux version as well 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:44 PM, wildlynx48436 said:

Problem details

Please attach all logs

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | Linux client stopped working after Steam update.
The launcher loads, music is playing, but all buttons are not clickable. |
| What you expected to see | Clicking on the login button causes game client to be loaded, other buttons do some stuff too |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Steam Linux client start with latest steam version |
| Problem details | Linux client stopped working after Steam update.
The launcher loads, music is playing, but all buttons are not clickable.
Most logs have zero size, game log is short and nothing interesting there except wrong image format errors. |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

[logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21825&key=a522202352fd5c9783b32d38409f6bfb)

steam client has been updated yesterday but issue still persist

[logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21826&key=1c3ceddc37deef71890f7620afaddf15)

Is this adouble of 

?

Other logs have 0 file size.

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=21829&key=42a9015b492a3a389e63ba7d1b68ee53)

BTW, check game’s steam forum. Players complain there about game stopped worked with Linux after Steam Deck Steam update.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:01 AM, Skula1975 said:

Is this adouble of 

?

Tried to run - an new Accept License Agreement - uh - it was patched at last! - Click Accept - erm - what? - Nothing? it still hangs. Patched …

Did you check if you are using  the steam beta client ?

Steam Client -> Settings -> Account

I had this  problem with the beta client. After switching back to the standard steam client version and using Proton 7.0.1 everything works for me

how is progress Skula ? more than 3 weeks …

This seems to be the same I reported and was accepted at:

It’s a fix in progress

The bug: some 32 bit libs are missing

ldd StarConflict | grep found

Some of the missing libs are actually present in Steam and some are either removed from Steam or added as a new requirement to the game.

For example, libcrypto1 is present in Steam, while being absent from most modern OS.

Solution: run command as above, look for 32 bit libs that can be found for your OS and not present in Steam.

I installed 1 or 2 missing libs, libcrypto1 was too old and not present in the depository, but game now runs when started with Steam.

*buntu distros : 

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict$ ldd StarConflict | grep found
    libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => not found
    libcurl.so.4 => not found
    libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => not found

install 2 packages : 

sudo apt-get install libcurl3:i386

sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

after that all works fine, devs shame on you 

I like it ! very good bom

linux steam version is broken bit on arch linux because its impossible to get old libaries the game needs
only way to get work game use steam included old libaries
in terminal type > locate libcurl.so.4
you can find all steam old libaries for libcurl.4 i did found correct one and its working this you can put to launch options and game starts from steam libary
in steam launch options you can for game put something like that
LD_PRELOAD=/home/your username.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 %command%
Game starts work what not work is buying galactic standards in game or some other ships inside game. Its not loading steam API to buy things in game. But you can use steam account for login if linked it.
Game uses so old libcurl.4 but today is imposssible to get one systems use allready new ones its like libcurl.4 4.8.0 allready