Let's talk about R16-17 techtree and new ships development

First things first, I counted the current ships in R16-R17.

R16

Interceptors: 1
Fighters: 5 (including Tornado)
Frigates: 4
Destroyers: 0

R17

Interceptors: 3
Fighters: 0
Frigates: 5
Destroyers: 2

Total+Planned:

Interceptors: 4
Fighters: 5
Frigates: 9+1
Destroyers: 2+1

So what’s the point calculating ship numbers?
I will go straight: Please balance the number of role in R16-17.

Yes, I know Devs are working hard to make new ships, balance the meta, etc.
However, this does not excuse the “current biased tech tree”.
While frigates already have 9 and 1 planned, fighters only have 5, and interceptors only 4 in total, meaning Frigates > Fighters + Interceptors in near future.
Also, I’m really surprised that there is no single fighter in R17 since R16-17 was introduced, and haven’t heard about the plan in near future.

Ok, calm down. There are plenty ships in tech tree ~R15, and why are you insisting to balance the numbers in R16-17?
Seed-chips.

Imagine you are a fighter player and get a decent R17 seed chip perfect for fighter.
But then you realize you have to use it in other ship, since there is no single R17 fighter in current tech tree.
You know seed chips are very important for PvE players in OS, Spec ops, PvE missions, and farming seed chips is very hard.
Some seed chips are decent for specific role, but they are in storage. Why?
Because there is no R17 or R16 ship for specific role. (Some are missing in both ranks, examples: Empire fighter, Empire Recon, Jericho Covert Ops)

Ending…

I don’t want tech tree like 5:5:5 or something, since it is really hard to do it.
However, tech tree should not miss a specific role in R16-17. That is my thought about tech tree.

2 hours ago, SilverIris said:

However, tech tree should not miss a specific role in R16-17. That is my thought about tech tree.

The current belief is that eventually there will be a ship for every role and rank in the “T6” tree, as the only time as ship placement has received a duplicate was with Tornado, as it was put under the “unique” ship tree simply because the ‘twin protocol’ fit the description of the unique ship tree more than standard (“Here you can find ships with unique mechanics”).

2 hours ago, SilverIris said:

Ok, calm down. There are plenty ships in tech tree ~R15, and why are you insisting to balance the numbers in R16-17?
Seed-chips.

As for this - I am still under the firm belief that seed chips need to be made more “diverse”. That being, you shouldn’t be locked to a Rank 17 ship if you want to make the most out of seed chips; all ships should have 5 chip slots at the very least and if the developers want to see legitimate diversity in PvE (well… other than fixing Tai’thaq) perhaps simply removing the rank restriction from seed chips entirely.

10 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

The current belief is that eventually there will be a ship for every role and rank in the “T6” tree, as the only time as ship placement has received a duplicate was with Tornado, as it was put under the “unique” ship tree simply because the ‘twin protocol’ fit the description of the unique ship tree more than standard (“Here you can find ships with unique mechanics”).

True.
But I just put “including Tornado” to avoid “Why are you excluding Tornado” Logic.

13 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

As for this - I am still under the firm belief that seed chips need to be made more “diverse”. That being, you shouldn’t be locked to a Rank 17 ship if you want to make the most out of seed chips; all ships should have 5 chip slots at the very least and if the developers want to see legitimate diversity in PvE (well… other than fixing Tai’thaq) perhaps simply removing the rank restriction from seed chips entirely.

^This.
If it was not seed-chip rank problem, I would not even write this thread.
This is the also reason why I bought Rockwell instead of Panther. ( If I did not play PvE, I definitely went Panther)

There will be ships for each role however devs seem to be playing the whats popular these days card when it comes to release schedule imo.