Let us say some words about most OP ship in this game

Tai’kin

It is most op ship here.

Let us talk about a ship that has max 8k survivability and it is unkillable. (If you say that you can kill it try one vs one against it)

How to balance it?

I would suggest for starting that cooldown od main module should be enlarged for let’s say 25%,

also, I’m suggesting removal of Satellite crystal module and for removal Inhibitor crystal from that ship or at least enlarge it cooldown by 200%.

For me, it is not understandable why should Recon ship have those modules, why does ship that goes 700/s need something to slow other ships?

Why should Recon have 10sec reloading Inhibitor crystal that can be fired and it does not explode when invisible Tai’kin is flying nearby.

You know the simple reason why game was on it top few years ago is that each ship class had its purpose in this game.

Now from some twisted reason, you-devs thought that each ship is supposed to be able to do everything.

I don’t understand why now each small ship have some kind of immortality or some kind of cloak?

I will never understand why small ships receive less damage from missiles.

How is this fair? And why is this good?

Small ships should not be able to deliver so much damage from two guns.

All other ship classes have more guns mounted and those guns do far less damage, why?

This is heavily unbalanced.

Do not get me wrong here, I use strictly interceptors and fighters so I have feeling how op those small ships are.

For me, the Sattelite Crystal is the biggest issue. It functions as a permanent speed debuff, that can only be cancelled for a short time, since the drone will reapply the debuff instantly.

The drone itself is very tiny, fast and thus hard to hit. The Taikin is by far the most manouverable ship in the game, it becomes borderline impossible to fight with the sattelite crystal crippling your own manouverability. The effect strength of it needs to be reduced.

The other issue lies within ellydium’s superior engine mods. This results in a ship that can change its velocity vector too rapidly for most projectile based weapons. The fact that explosive and/or guided guided weapons deal a significantly lower amount of damage to interceptors amplifies that issue.

Ellydium passive modules allow this fast ship to regenerate its hull and shield in an instant. Hit and run tactics (with inhibitor crystal and tharok) deal not only a great amount of damage, they also render the Taikin virtually unkillable.

Guided lasers (Thilith, Homing Laser, Thies) are effektive, their low dps however renders the user defenseless against every other ship. These weapons are also unengaging and boring to use.

What I don’t understand is that the Tharok (guided weapon, massive dps, easy to use, backup plasmagun,…) even received a buff recently.

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

Tai’kin

It is most op ship here.

Let us talk about a ship that has max 8k survivability and it is unkillable. (If you say that you can kill it try one vs one against it)

How to balance it?

Tackler is your friend. There are two modules basically designed to kill taikins, grey falcons and other agile ships.

Also - 8k HP OR perma cloak. You can’t have both. Cooldown for jump module is already  35 seconds per charge, so during the whole game Taikin can jump up to 15 times, where Spectre Falcon has a cooldown of 24 seconds. Taikin can jump 15km using all 4 charges, so it needs 140 seconds charging time, Spectre Falcon can jump 14 km every 24 seconds. 

Also:

image.png.a6cf134364d66c611018c4a928ab30f7.png

vs

image.png.14d5a8022af38f8345f088bab2a76265.png

and they are the same size. And before you will say anything about “but no one is flying Spectre Falcon” - actually some do. I had more problems with a guy flying Spectre Falcon than with a some Taikin pilot. Not to mention that SF can strip down a guard’s shield in about 10 seconds not even firing it’s gun. Duelist protocol adds +40% damage when 1v1. And can equip inhibitor crystal as well. 

The Spectre Falcon can not match the regeneration, hit and run and damage potential of the Taikin. That’s why the Spectre Falcon is a good, fun and balanced ship. The Taikin is not.

I’ve been flying Tai’Kin for the better part of the past few months for the PvP tasks for Boremys, it’s one of the few ships that can stand up to the premiums with unique modules, but in some cases it can still be a one-shot from the beam disintegrator without the capsule, and any mistake such as warping into an obstacle while being chased can be fatal the most time, I can tell that modules such as the crystal and the jump drive have huge AoEs and deal quite the damage, but making a ship slow enough to be hit by the Thar’Ok spheres even with booster ammo and implants still requires you to land at least one or two of your slows, it needs to be tweaked, but so do the other unique modules, otherwise anything that isn’t premium will become obsolete, and a build like this isn’t very cheap.

screenshot-180923-153411.png

Also, the Spectre Falcon can benefit from the Covert Ops drone, which is basically a combination of the Spy Drone and Parasitic Remodulator, with the down time of only 1.5 seconds, and can still equip the Remodulator aside it, granting it ~1200 shield regen/second as long as you have the enemy that can provide you with it, then you can use the Hull restoration system and it can regenerate about as fast as Tai’Kin, as for hit/run, it’s unique weapon increases enemy damage to the target, so you now also have a crystal infiltrator that comes with it, of course, it requires ally support, but you can also the inhibitor and the slowing missiles, so it’s not very far off from Tai’Kin’s capabilities, we will now have to wait for the R16 recon and see what that one has to offer.

7 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

The Spectre Falcon can not match the regeneration, hit and run and damage potential of the Taikin. That’s why the Spectre Falcon is a good, fun and balanced ship. The Taikin is not.

Actually it can. Easily. Taikin cannot use repair kits (or actually it can, but it will be a waste of the slot), SF can. Regeneration of the taikin - I do hope you are not talking about Virtual Particle Condenser than can regenerate 800 hull every 25 seconds if you still have your jump charges? The only advantage Taikin has is if you have 2 or more charges ready, sneak on enemy guard and then you can jump away if your emergency barrier activates. I wouldn’t try this trick against engie as his drones will eat your 2k hull pretty quickly while sneaking up. Good practice is to shoot a doomsday, then inhibitor crystal followed by a second doomsday to kill enemy frigate, but you can do this on both ships. So - no. I tested 1v1 on both ships while flying a tackler (my friendly intie pilot was flying both ships against mine) and tbh after 10 kills I have to say that it was easier to kill taikin than SF. And in dogfight 1v1 vs figher SF wins hands down due to +40% dmg and ability to actually take more than a single hit, drain shields and Covops Drone. Oh and slowing missiles. If I allowed him to close to less than 1km I was usually dead meat. With taikin - not so much. 

44 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Actually it can. Easily. Taikin cannot use repair kits (or actually it can, but it will be a waste of the slot), SF can. Regeneration of the taikin - I do hope you are not talking about Virtual Particle Condenser than can regenerate 800 hull every 25 seconds if you still have your jump charges? The only advantage Taikin has is if you have 2 or more charges ready, sneak on enemy guard and then you can jump away if your emergency barrier activates. I wouldn’t try this trick against engie as his drones will eat your 2k hull pretty quickly while sneaking up. Good practice is to shoot a doomsday, then inhibitor crystal followed by a second doomsday to kill enemy frigate, but you can do this on both ships. So - no. I tested 1v1 on both ships while flying a tackler (my friendly intie pilot was flying both ships against mine) and tbh after 10 kills I have to say that it was easier to kill taikin than SF. And in dogfight 1v1 vs figher SF wins hands down due to +40% dmg and ability to actually take more than a single hit, drain shields and Covops Drone. Oh and slowing missiles. If I allowed him to close to less than 1km I was usually dead meat. With taikin - not so much. 

Please, please, please stop.

Tai’kin can heal itself by doing nothing or using no module. It can heal each 20 sec with jump, it can easily escape each conflict if desired.

I’m way better PvP player than you are in small ships or fighters and I believe I can judge this good.

If an opponent doesn’t have auto aim weapon it can’t be hit.

Yes, there are few builds especially from DCL Jerico tackler that can one-shot Tai’kin but that is not even drop in sea how superior is Tai’kin against other ships.

All modules on Tai’kin that can slow enemy ships should be removed from its arsenal and also ridiculous reload rate of Inhibitor crystal should be enlarged by at least twice if not three times.

22 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Please, please, please stop.

Tai’kin can heal itself by doing nothing or using no module. It can heal each 20 sec with jump, it can easily escape each conflict if desired.

I’m way better PvP player than you are in small ships or fighters and I believe I can judge this good.

If an opponent doesn’t have auto aim weapon it can’t be hit.

Yes, there are few builds especially from DCL Jerico tackler that can one-shot Tai’kin but that is not even drop in sea how superior is Tai’kin against other ships.

All modules on Tai’kin that can slow enemy ships should be removed from its arsenal and also ridiculous reload rate of Inhibitor crystal should be enlarged by at least twice if not three times.

Again - it was tested by me and few other intie pilots  - Taikin is just small, versatile ship, nothing special. In it’s current state it needs a very good pilot to be flown effectively. Those guys tested Spectre Falcon as well and in 1v1 vs fighters other small ships, taikin is just weaker. Not to mention it can be equipped with slowing devices as well. And no, Taikin cannot heal itself every 20 seconds. And is less agile than SF with the same size, also I don’t have problems with hitting it even with Assault Railguns. And as you said - you are much better pilot than me. Hell - I have one tackler built specifically for taikin trolling. If enemy doesn’t have a perfect fit - he is dead every time ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

As for healing and recovery - Takin in best case scenario can regen 800 hull every 25 seconds in five 160 HP pulses. If we take as an example the build I posted it will take 4 jumps and one minute and 40 seconds to regenerate it’s hull. SF will regen it’s full hull without using any modules in 30 seconds. So no - in the right hands people  were actually surprised that the myth that taikin is superior in agility and survivability to any other recon was that - just a myth. Sorry.  And as others said - if you want those modules removed from taikin - you have to ask to remove similar equipment from other ships. I can do my doomsday - inhibitor crystal - doomsday combo on any other recon. Pity we don’t have much interceptor aces in the game anymore, not to mention team work, so only multirole ships have any use on battlefield. 

The ship is healing itself here is your proof; http://prntscr.com/ky4wsy

see those 25 green points it is hull healing. I’m not doing anything just flying. No heal used.

And look one more proof this build can heal itself after each jump after 22 sec; http://prntscr.com/ky4xvd see that red 21.4 sec behind that ugly icon?

And I didn’t even have this on http://prntscr.com/ky4yxr so stop saying your crap about this.

The stupid ship is so OP that it smells bad to the moon.

See this; http://prntscr.com/ky50rc here is 15 sec recharge if you add -20% cooldown on special module then you get 12sec cooldown to possible full hull and shield.

So do not say any more crap about this. All is easy to check in game.

Also, this; http://prntscr.com/ky52a7  11sec reload time for possible 16k damage is absurd, especially in combo with doomsday missile and Tharok beemer.

And this; http://prntscr.com/ky53wy  why does ship that can go 700/s need this? And it does not even say how much is its slowing effect.

Next proof; http://prntscr.com/ky55g9 again really? 75% slowing effect? Combine that whit Satelite Crystal and enemy ship is useless can’t even turn.

So again cut the crap, and nerf that ship to be in normal parameters. Remove those active modules.

The ship that is going 700/s is OP because of its speed and maneuverability so that would be enough it does not need any other OP modules.

Can we also talk about the telefragging thing where Tai’Kin can completely ignore warp speed collision damage and instantly kill Jericho LRFs and whatever other slow ships?

1 hour ago, Vohvelielain said:

Can we also talk about the telefragging thing where Tai’Kin can completely ignore warp speed collision damage and instantly kill Jericho LRFs and whatever other slow ships?

Sure, that is a special module effect (damage) in combo with passive module(blocks all collision damage). Where 8k Taikin can kill 50K ship by collision.

Totally not broken? Even EB cannot save a victim.

3 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

The ship is healing itself here is your proof; http://prntscr.com/ky4wsy

see those 25 green points it is hull healing. I’m not doing anything just flying. No heal used.

25hp/s? WOW. Out of battle, no weapons or modules used. SF can do 150hp/s as long it’s capacitor at full, or over 100hp/s when at 3/4. 

And look one more proof this build can heal itself after each jump after 22 sec; http://prntscr.com/ky4xvd see that red 21.4 sec behind that ugly icon?

Cooldown on that mod is hard set to 25 seconds - making a screenie at 21.4? I can do at 0.5 and say it has a cooldown of 1. Cmon.

And I didn’t even have this on http://prntscr.com/ky4yxr so stop saying your crap about this.

Offence node  affects only the “recharge” parameter so in case of Jump Crystals it means you will reduce your interval between jumps from 1 second to 0.8. It doesn’t affect time to gain a charge. 

See this; http://prntscr.com/ky50rc here is 15 sec recharge if you add -20% cooldown on special module then you get 12sec cooldown to possible full hull and shield.

Return crystal - I have yet to see someone using it every 12 seconds and even if you activate it it’s still 1600 hp regen in total (full hull and shields? do the math). 

Also, this; http://prntscr.com/ky52a7  11sec reload time for possible 16k damage is absurd, especially in combo with doomsday missile and Tharok beemer.

Inhibitor crystal + doomsday combo - it can be delivered by any T5 recon, cmon. 

And this; http://prntscr.com/ky53wy  why does ship that can go 700/s need this? And it does not even say how much is its slowing effect.

Satellite crystal - if your Taikin can go 700m/s without it it means that you sacrificed second engine slot for speed, reducing it’s agility to empire recon levels…

Next proof; http://prntscr.com/ky55g9 again really? 75% slowing effect? Combine that whit Satellite Crystal and enemy ship is useless can’t even turn.

And again you are talking about module available to any T5 recon

that can equip slowing missiles to the same level.

So do not say any more crap about this. All is easy to check in game.

That’s what I did with a few pro recon pilots that are left. So, please check your info next time before posting. If you can’t kill a Taikin - your problem. Many people can. 

2 hours ago, Vohvelielain said:

Actually it can only kill that Jericho LRF and Patriarch due to the shielding bug (dunno if resolved, sorry). There is a video on this forum that Koro was checking effectiveness of that attack against other ships. I don’t know if  I still have the video where that attack is doing just a few k damage to my destroyer. There were some other tests against other ships. Basically 9-3 saves the day and collision compensator nullifies this attack. 

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

Totally not broken? Even EB cannot save a victim.

Collision compensator and 9-3 can. Use them. That discussion was a long time ago, you should know how to setup implants and passives. If other people can’t? That’s their problem. 

I am using that shield implant, and it doesn’t do anything against warp speed collisions.

If you still think Tai’Kin is as OP as you claim it to be then you should’ve seen it back when the Antifriction Sphere wasn’t nerfed into the ground, if anything all the Ellydium ships were powerful back then, but once again, if you want it nerfed, you also have to bring down the unique modules.

1 hour ago, Vohvelielain said:

I am using that shield implant, and it doesn’t do anything against warp speed collisions.

which ship?

Almost every ship I ever use, but Inquisitor AE and Panther are the only ones that have been hit by this Tai’Kin warp ramming lately.

6 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

If you still think Tai’Kin is as OP as you claim it to be then you should’ve seen it back when the Antifriction Sphere wasn’t nerfed into the ground, if anything all the Ellydium ships were powerful back then, but once again, if you want it nerfed, you also have to bring down the unique modules.

I’m here last 4-5 years so I have seen it all. Most unbalanced was Thar’ga on release but it was nerfed. 

Tai’kin is still OP was never really nerfed as it should be.

6 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

w…

I don’t know what you are doing with your implants since my cooldown of jump heal is exactly 22sec, 

You sad it can’t heal itself, I sad it can, so 25 points per sec are 250points per 10sec…so this is still 25points/sec more than any other ship without usage of any module.

http://prntscr.com/kyc47n  read this; damage from activation is regenerate 320points/sec over 10 sec. So possible healing 3200 points in 10 sec after each 12sec. Almost insta healing all the time.

I don’t know why are you defending this ship? Obviously, as you pointed in multiple occasions this is the only recon you are good in, I wonder why? Perhaps because it is broken?

8 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

I don’t know what you are doing with your implants since my cooldown of jump heal is exactly 22sec, 

It’s not. It’s actually 22.5 if accompanied with recon module reload (which, btw, IMHO is a bug). It is hard coded to be 25, however somehow this module has an attribute of “recon module” assigned.

You sad it can’t heal itself, I sad it can, so 25 points per sec are 250points per 10sec…so this is still 25points/sec more than any other ship without usage of any module.

I said no such thing. And if you really want to nitpick - you need to stay out of battle for 5 seconds to activate it. So let’s say you went down to 300 hull, with 2800 hull points total. To heal that back you will need 105 seconds. 

http://prntscr.com/kyc47n  read this; damage from activation is regenerate 320points/sec over 10 sec. So possible healing 3200 points in 10 sec after each 12sec. Almost insta healing all the time.

It’s 15 seconds with reloading, 18 base. Not 15 and 12. And alien ships have 50% healing penalty. Oh and return crystal has an agility penalty - for almost 4 seconds you are agile like a cow, not the best case when dodging incoming fire. Even with Virtual Particle Condenser it means 1600HP in 10 seconds. I don’t remember a single person that was able to use this regen to his advantage. If you have a video of a person flying effectively with that setup, please share. 

I don’t know why are you defending this ship? Obviously, as you pointed in multiple occasions this is the only recon you are good in, I wonder why? Perhaps because it is broken?

I said that it’s the only recon I fly in Open Space. Due to convenience with constant signature masking and two extended hulls for hauling cargo + extra slots from being Ellydium ship. In PvP I don’t even have it in my lineup… I was flying it for it’s 20km sensor range when asked to be a spotter for dread battles, but normal, random PvP? I don’t really remember when I last was flying Taikin  - I think it was when you were pointing out how OP deconstructor cannon is and I said that even my 2k HP taikin can deal with dodging it. So not the same thing. I took it for a ride a few times, said that deconstructor cannon can be dodged easily based on my experience and it went back to doing OS dailies as I prefer other interceptors (like Zhen for hunting Taikins and covopses). I’m still trying to figure out - are you saying that Taikin in your hands is so OP? Or do you have issues with shooting it down? 

15 hours ago, Vohvelielain said:

Almost every ship I ever use, but Inquisitor AE and Panther are the only ones that have been hit by this Tai’Kin warp ramming lately.

Unless jump drive became bugged Inquisitor AE and Patriarch were the only ones that could be instakilled with 9-3 set up. From tests - damage was scaled with initial Taikin speed, peaking at something over ~20k dmg IIRC. For frigates a single collision compensator was making this attack ineffective. For other ships - well - it has to hit your hull directly, so if  you got hit in a Panther…

On 9/24/2018 at 2:53 PM, OwnageMaster said:

Again - it was tested by me and few other intie pilots  - Taikin is just small, versatile ship, nothing special.

i can kill a taikin. so if you only see it as OP if it can kill a ship solo or win a duel, fine, it’s not.

but if there are a few, they are enough to off balance a game. they can slow, deal damage, escape punishment easy, ignore mechanics, and what not.

which is why there are a few people who play taikin non stop, until every game consists of NY18, wazgots, taikins and ecms; plus the occasional yolo covert ops, or the guy who has only guards, lrf or destros. point being, it always comes down to a few ships that are half-way usable in meta or the people who just dont care.

you can sometimes even see games getting smaller and smaller, because people are pissed off about a few taikin players.

if it was such a bad ship, it would not be in every third lineup.

now please, continue.

45 minutes ago, g4borg said:

i can kill a taikin. so if you only see it as OP if it can kill a ship solo or win a duel, fine, it’s not.

but if there are a few, they are enough to off balance a game. they can slow, deal damage, escape punishment easy, ignore mechanics, and what not.

which is why there are a few people who play taikin non stop, until every game consists of NY18, wazgots, taikins and ecms; plus the occasional yolo covert ops, or the guy who has only guards, lrf or destros. point being, it always comes down to a few ships that are half-way usable in meta or the people who just dont care.

you can sometimes even see games getting smaller and smaller, because people are pissed off about a few taikin players.

if it was such a bad ship, it would not be in every third lineup.

now please, continue.

Don’t get me wrong here - it was OP as hell. It could jump every few seconds, regen a whole lot, spheres of death doing 10k damage each and so on. And by some people is still seen like this. BUT. In last few days me and few others were testing those claims, comparing it to other recons. And taikin wins in one thing only - adaptability to a playstyle, paying for that with smaller HP pool, or agility or speed or whatever else tradeoff is there. If we are talking about dogfighting and agility - spectre falcon can usually win in 1v1 against taikin, even Sai can do that. Damage wise? Bow laser is doing 4k dps.

And if there are few of them on the battlefield - Spark with Thilith usually cleans this chaos pretty quickly.