Interceptors are too strong now...

Since I couldn’t quit because of all of the good updates, i decided to play a bunch of games to get a good feel again.

last 50 games or so all I’ve seen at the top scores are interceptors exclusively, all of my ships get picked apart faster than ever in all of my years except for the thar ga pre nerf.

Everybody seems to be using the kinetic deconstructor cannon and the exclusive EM weapon for the federation - front blaster.

Also for some reason golden eagles seem to be tankier than any other ship, for the life of me cant even scratch them with any ship I use, this is ridiculous,

Pls nerf dmg on the op weapons otherwise this cancer intie meta wont stop…

Front blaster is harder to use than all other inty guns. I agree that deconstructor needs a slight nerf and perhaps alpha dmg decrease by increasing fire rate

Everyone knows the deconstructor is OP. The devs just won’t nerf it for some twisted reason.

The front blaster on the other hand is only effective if you have under 100 ping, so there are very few who can use it to its full potential.

naah  I cant play like this. absolutely pointless im always bottom score, cant do anything vs these interceptor swarms. no ship setup I tried is any good, even tacklers are worthless vs interceptors…

1 hour ago, TheShooter36 said:

Front blaster is harder to use than all other inty guns. I agree that deconstructor needs a slight nerf and perhaps alpha dmg decrease by increasing fire rate

Not that much harder. It has a limited turret rotation angle and a very strong aim assist.

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Everyone knows the deconstructor is OP. The devs just won’t nerf it for some twisted reason.

The front blaster on the other hand is only effective if you have under 100 ping, so there are very few who can use it to its full potential.

But in the last patch it was nerfed by 10% and the crit effect was reduced over 50%. 

Im gonna build a special project ship to counter these specifically, anyone got idas whats the best anti- intie ship and setup ?

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Challenge Accepted !

1 hour ago, niripas said:

But in the last patch it was nerfed by 10% and the crit effect was reduced over 50%. 

Whoops, my bad. Well… I mean… has anyone checked to see if it still facerolls just about everything still?

Also where do I setup the nerf hunters bandwagon?

deconstructor is definitely more manageable now.

it is still quite a strong weapon overall.

front blaster somehow got easier to use, at least i had less problems with ship turning

1 hour ago, mutsami said:

Im gonna build a special project ship to counter these specifically, anyone got idas whats the best anti- intie ship and setup ?

What kind of ship will you build?

Also, special project ships can’t use any of new modules. This makes them worse than regular ships. 

I would advise you to wait that special project can access some new modules as well.

1 minute ago, SunnySweet said:

What kind of ship will you build?

Also, special project ships can’t use any of new modules. This makes them worse than regular ships. 

I would advise you to wait that special project can access some new modules as well.

Agreed…

For anti inty, use any tackler with Slowing projector.

2 hours ago, mutsami said:

I found a Dart with high crit and phaser with bullet speed ammo to work exeptionally well.

2 hours ago, mutsami said:

… a special project ship? maybe Octopus (3 drones)

• the Wazgot is a very good inty hunter ![:576a55a9bca5d_):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/576a55a9bca5d_).png “:576a55a9bca5d_):”) (would prefer th

2 hours ago, Rakza said:

Challenge Accepted !

Hey !!! Rakza is back!

… bonjour mon ami  !

Challenge ? To get it nerfed or to build an anti-inty ship?

6 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Hey !!! Rakza is back!

… bonjour mon ami  !

Challenge ? To get it nerfed or to build an anti-inty ship?

Building an Anti-Ceptor Ship isn’t the solution. First, Because we don’t have the tools to make it. Secondly, Because the problem would remains the same for people unable to play this build or doesn’t want to play it.

And I have the same concerns about people saying using Tackler “IS” the solution. It is not.

… so is it only “swarms” that concern? would it be better to co-work in team-like actions during battles - for real team-play is seen less frequent atm

This is really killing me, I played even some more games, tried tackler with all possible builds, as soon as I pop from invisiblity im dead in 2-3 seconds I specifically modded for EM hull and shield resist. Everyone seems to be flying federation inties with the new weapon and its really really OP. If i pick any slower ships they get easily demolished. This means that literally no one flies any slow ships, I used to be unbeatable with my Ronin setup for beacon matches and now it just gets steamrolled. Also the module that lets them heal is ridiculous, hit run if low > stealth and heal > repeat. Something is also wrong with their survivability, Ive played since 2015-16 and I’ve never remembered inties being this hard to kill. Either that or im flying vs top ace pilots *sarcasm*.

18 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Building an Anti-Ceptor Ship isn’t the solution. First, Because we don’t have the tools to make it. Secondly, Because the problem would remains the same for people unable to play this build or doesn’t want to play it.

And I have the same concerns about people saying using Tackler “IS” the solution. It is not.

You there ! Tell the devs that even a 50% dmg reduction to either of those two weapons wont be enough ! No intie should 100- 0 my 150 EM hull resist fighter in 2 seconds !

2 minutes ago, mutsami said:

This is really killing me, I played even some more games, tried tackler with all possible builds, as soon as I pop from invisiblity im dead in 2-3 seconds I specifically modded for EM hull and shield resist. Everyone seems to be flying federation inties with the new weapon and its really really OP. If i pick any slower ships they get easily demolished. This means that literally no one flies any slow ships, I used to be unbeatable with my Ronin setup for beacon matches and now it just gets steamrolled. Also the module that lets them heal is ridiculous, hit run if low > stealth and heal > repeat. Something is also wrong with their survivability, Ive played since 2015-16 and I’ve never remembered inties being this hard to kill. Either that or im flying vs top ace pilots *sarcasm*.

You there ! Tell the devs that even a 50% dmg reduction to either of those two weapons wont be enough ! No intie should 100- 0 my 150 EM hull resist fighter in 2 seconds !

Trust me, a somewhat manouverable Dart is worth a try. The Frontal Shield in conjunction with strafe circles will protect you long enough for your 12k m/s crit Phaser to force them into retreat or to kill them. Golden Eagle especially are very voulnerable to fast and accurate weapons.

This gets a lot harder with Cutters, as they deal even more damage while also being a lot tankier ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

So far my solution has been using Energy Converter against them. Deconstructor Cutters pretty much just evaporate instantly after firing once.