Interceptor Weapons

(I exclude Taikin from this suggestion. I refer to standard interceptors)

I’ve been flying a lot of interceptors in t5 lately and I’ve come to a conclusion:

Interceptors, in their current iteration, don’t seem to really work. A constant spam of autoaim modules and weapons will most likely kill your shields before you even get close enough to deal damage, a vast array of manouverability inhibiting modules then takes your only advantage from you, only so that even more autoaim can than kill you. (Wazgot station, Thilith, Hive, Sattelite Crystal,…)

So it’s already a hassle to get to enemys and to stay there long enough to deal some damage. However, it just doesn’t seem to be worth the effort, as you then have to use an array of peashoters. Granted, not all of them are bad, but most are. The projectile speed is mostly abysmal, which greatly reduces their usability. I suggest the following:

Plasma gun: increase damage by 10%

RF Blaster: increase its rate of fire to 400/s, increase projectile speed by 10%, reduce damage so that the dps is increased by 10%. (Putting the ‘rapid fire’ back in the rapid fire blaster)

Shrapnel cannon: increase projectile speed by 20%

Kinetic Supercharger: disable the friendly fire from the shrapnel clouds, decrease time to cool to 2 seconds.

Phase suppressor: increase projectile speed by 10%

Skrah: increase the ‘fire rate buildup’ rate (turn pew pew into pewpewpew faster)

Discuss if you would like to see such buffs to intercepor weapons. The numbers are of course subject to change.

I really want to see R6 implant and adaptive buffed (should add hull resists again. without it many fed ships really suffer, intys in particular)

The amount of slowing and auto-aim modules has been increasing and yet the counter to it remains unbuffed (even nerfed recently)

I’m for it. Inties without manoevering are pitiful. Their weapons are super strong given the chance for them to actually do damage, but yeah mostly I pew pew them down before they get to see their full potential. I would give inties a “dodge potential” where maybe 15-20% of incoming fire is “dodged” or something.

Ceptors are not much fun to play.

RF blaster is still broken and in the current meta, you are nothing more than a drone, with a name. Especially the Cov Ops.

I stopped flying them, not because they are bad or smthn, they are an expendable tool now. The thing is, to play this good, you have to be a major coward. Avoiding any 1v1 situation, no dogfighting, just ambushing and running away. Thats not the gameplay i am looking for. That is why I, if i play this game, am sitting in a fighter, because it can tank, all the bullshit autoaim until the source of the autoaim is dead.

I think DMG potential of interceptors is fine, but what is not fun to play is the ratio of slows/maneuverability reduction/disables vs a way to counterplay.

It is about time we introduce separate diminishing returns counter for slows/maneuverability reductions, separated from hard disables counter

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

I think DMG potential of interceptors is fine,

That may be true, but your ability to keep your guns on target, is limited by the necessity to maneuver constanly, because: Sentry drone here, Tharga autoaim specialmodule there, slowing here, wazgot station there, oh a vigilante touched your hitbox, oh look there is a gun that follows you like ducklings, oh look a ship that is useless, that decided to spend it’s puny 1k dps autoaim gun to shoot you for the whole match, oh look a scattergun coward that spents his entire time shooting you.

Paired with people that fly healers without heals, alien ships that have no purpose, and guardians that hide, generally nowadays the wole team likes to hide.

You get outflanked by a destro? HIDE MORE IT IS THE ONLY WAY. BECAUSE NOT DIEING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT WINNING, FOR THESE xxxx.

Srsly tho, the amount of random is a perfect mirror of the ingame economy.

One word to the RF blaster, yes its damage potential is fine, but the ROF is broken at times and VERY often i get fucked by the join lag of the server, this makes playing ceptor even more disgusting.

You attack somebody with a nice trajectory, turn on orion, ready to take down his shield, and then the whole game lags and you hit nothing, spent your damaging module and you ceptor is probably heading for the next rock. Nobody wants to play fragile ships, when the game itself debuffs it by its very way to handle the underpopulation.

[Falcon-M]+[‘Sk’Rah’ Launcher 15]+[Pirate ‘Orion’ Targeting Complex 15] will do a sustained 10 second volley of 15,000 DPS it has 6 seconds out of invisibility and can fly at 700 MPS or strafe at 250+ MPS  its good for PVP and PVE with this set up … but in answer to your complaint … the old game has been scraped to accommodate new players and remove the old players who knew the way it was before the money grab … your not going to fix that Scar6 … the Dev’s are slaves to the Investors and they want money not happy players…  the new 15 year old kid that will drop $100-$300 and then leave is worth more than the veteran player that knows how to farm and not spend any money …

53 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

That may be true, but your ability to keep your guns on target, is limited by the necessity to maneuver constanly, because: Sentry drone here, Tharga autoaim specialmodule there, slowing here, wazgot station there, oh a vigilante touched your hitbox, oh look there is a gun that follows you like ducklings, oh look a ship that is useless, that decided to spend it’s puny 1k dps autoaim gun to shoot you for the whole match, oh look a scattergun coward that spents his entire time shooting you.

Paired with people that fly healers without heals, alien ships that have no purpose, and guardians that hide, generally nowadays the wole team likes to hide.

You get outflanked by a destro? HIDE MORE IT IS THE ONLY WAY. BECAUSE NOT DIEING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT WINNING, FOR THESE xxxx.

Srsly tho, the amount of random is a perfect mirror of the ingame economy.

One word to the RF blaster, yes its damage potential is fine, but the ROF is broken at times and VERY often i get fucked by the join lag of the server, this makes playing ceptor even more disgusting.

You attack somebody with a nice trajectory, turn on orion, ready to take down his shield, and then the whole game lags and you hit nothing, spent your damaging module and you ceptor is probably heading for the next rock. Nobody wants to play fragile ships, when the game itself debuffs it by its very way to handle the underpopulation.

And I am not disagreeing with you, all of that long time agobpushed me to mostly play mid range fighters - there is way less randomness in such gameplay, but in the same time increasing interceptors dmg potential aint gonna fix the “fun” factor.

Btw freezing could be solved on your side of you have an SSD. And possible by what @niripas provided in another thread - the way to preload game assets, so hot join assets loading dont screw the game flow.

8 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

And I am not disagreeing with you, all of that long time agobpushed me to mostly play mid range fighters - there is way less randomness in such gameplay, but in the same time increasing interceptors dmg potential aint gonna fix the “fun” factor.

Btw freezing could be solved on your side of you have an SSD. And possible by what @niripas provided in another thread - the way to preload game assets, so hot join assets loading dont screw the game flow.

Yeh, more damage is not a solution, i agree. The role needs a reason, to be played.

Wait, so you have no join lag?! I have no SSD, i will check it, but there was a time where i had no freezes at all, when ppl were hotjoining.

52 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

Yeh, more damage is not a solution, i agree. The role needs a reason, to be played.

Wait, so you have no join lag?! I have no SSD, i will check it, but there was a time where i had no freezes at all, when ppl were hotjoining.

Yeah, no join lag on SSD

See if this helps:

But consider how much higher your RW fault rate will be. Imo unless you have cash to burn, SSD should really only be for the OS and single-load programs.

I have the 850 Evo, loads up anything in a flash(altough its a NAND memory type, get it?) its biggest bottleneck is the SATA cable, if it were M.2 or PCI it could be used at full potential, but it does its job anyway.

As for interceptors, Tai’Kin aside they really aren’t something special anymore, unless played safe, but staying behind with one is frowned upon so yeah, we’ll see what their reworks have to offer I guess.

23 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But consider how much higher your RW fault rate will be. Imo unless you have cash to burn, SSD should really only be for the OS and single-load programs.

I have 1x SSD for an OS and another SSD for games and HDD for storage, with current prices this is hardly expensive to do, yet very convenient. I love my OS booting up in a matter of seconds, I love games having next to no loading screens too

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I have 1x SSD for an OS and another SSD for games and HDD for storage, with current prices this is hardly expensive to do, yet very convenient. I love my OS booting up in a matter of seconds, I love games having next to no loading screens too

I feel that. It’s just that SSD’s are still hella expensive for what you get. I am but a poor fox.