Imbalanced PvP - Yet Again? Really?

5 hours ago, John161 said:

foobardude has 135 games… Also since when is number of games any good indicator for any balancing? If 2 players in my team are flying straight into the enemy and die 10 times each then this is a far better indicator of their skill then their number of games.

Names Games AverageKills AverageDeaths KDA WinRate Names Games Kills Deaths KDA WinRate Johnnynator 12026 5.62 1.79 7.38 58.3% ShenaSky 27733 3.26 1.64 7.51 57.9% GDGRIF 8289 1.57 3.46 2.67 45.9% TOUSHKAHEKA 11777 3.02 1.54 7.16 55.8% Poliak 16676 4.37 2.00 6.02 56.3% Goodandbad 1344 2.42 2.23 4.26 49.7% foobardude 135 5.09 2.01 5.81 70.4% Nayrin 10583 3.93 2.55 4.50 54.7% Nachtdrachin 1700 2.77 2.08 4.34 54.7% Dehrek 2563 2.16 1.62 6.78 51.3% vitcuz 6526 0.77 3.65 2.07 41.6% MEGASCORCHER 4492 4.35 1.95 6.24 57.8% Average 7558.67 3.37 2.50 4.72 54.53% Average 9748.67 3.19 1.92 6.08 54.53% StandardDeviation 5687.96 1.80 0.75 1.89 9.23% Deviation 8927.03 0.77 0.37 1.26 3.09%

The reason why the stats are so close is because foorbardude has that few battles, and therefore still a high Win Rate and Average Kills.

It is generally harder to win a game where one team as a high Skill Deviation while the other is way closer to the average

I probably still have them but I don’t want to rad through all the logs to find them again.

Where did you get stats for average deaths?

Also I by stats I see one ALT account from someone.

3 hours ago, John161 said:

Mkay, idn’t expect that with these stats.

Feels like the MM only cares about the Win Rate xD.

The data could have given more clues on how to match the players, imo the stats did already give a indication which team would win.

I would love to see from where are players in each team, I mean the region from them.

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Where did you get stats for average deaths?

Official Api:

Third Party Web Services

3 hours ago, John161 said:

Official Api:

Third Party Web Services

This is great, THX 

So all stats are here and then again MM is impossible to make for developers.

But to be fair last few days I had like just every fourth game unbalanced. So it is better than a month ago but still, hot joining is a pain in A. S .S and also that one tier is not natural.

Extra bonus for low-rank ships is also meh especial because we don’t know how much bonuses are received for each rank.

In mine opinion, it should be removed after a few hundred battles. It is silly how some people abuse this.

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

But to be fair last few days I had like just every fourth game unbalanced. So it is better than a month ago.

And considering that MM wasn’t touched in months it means it… works? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 hours ago, niripas said:

And considering that MM wasn’t touched in months it means it… works? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure Niri, for me MM is an enigma here. I really like close-even games but I really don’t like hot joining.

I still get some time in Detonation when a game is already over, also I get a feeling that sometimes all better Russian players are on the same side.

than hot joining in Domination when some team is in possession of all beacons and hot joining starts and all better players that are hot joining get in winning team.

There is still a lot of anomalies that shouldn’t happen. 

I would certainly change a few things here like ;

• return Combat Recon but without hot joining

• hack remove hot joining entirely

• boost credit reward income after the game for 10% - 20%

• remove credit reward in loot search after the battle and replace it with various items

• nerf Deconstructor 

• nerf Tai’Kin

• remove damage income anomalies between different ship classes.

• make missiles do the same damage to all ship classes (intys are protected now by receiving far less damage than other classes)

• make new players lose bonus (damage + survivability) on low-rank ships after every hundred PvP played by 10% (personally, I would remove all of it but ok let’s protect new players)

• make loot-bundles that we buy for iridium more player friendly it is crap to get a 3x same item in 3 possible attempts.

• make Spatial scanner loot better it is really crap now.

• return old beautiful module icons this new one are really not user friendly - untransparent

• return the former position of Cargo drones or color them that we can spot them from far far away.

• implement worm-jump hols, nebulas that will lower sensor range, pulsar stars that will slowly eat hull of ships… in open space (don’t complain about the game engine or even make it excuse) it is boring now

• remove station protection in open space after players reach R15

• make NPCs in open space harder to kill but less intelligent it is weird to see that entire fleet of NPCs is following me even if I’m invisible.

• make all modules work against NPC alien ships as well

• remove perma pulsar from aliens

• tournaments on Sunday should bring more interesting rewards like GS or Electrum or much more Iridium.

• dread battles are boring with this nuke tactic, would suggest enlarging reload time of nuke also let nuke do damage to all players 

• remove an option that single player without corp can join Dread battle

• remove an option that one player can face entire wing in dread battles ( it was so when I last tried, don’t know if it is still same )

• weapons like nuke and gravy lens should do damage to both teams (it is crap to see how someone nuke beacon and he kills enemy players and at the same time his teammates can cap it)

• faster response of developers when players are pointing to something that is OP

• more polls to interact with players and actually, listen to results of polls

I could think on something more but if this would be change it would be great for start.

This would be based on some my experience in this game, ah and yes I know some will pick now here one thing and hearse me rather than consider what is my opinion.

This would be a perfect example of imbalance 

http://prntscr.com/kevifw

now, let’s see. Some can look at player stats and say there is no real good player in the red team and I can actually agree with that.

So what kind of imbalance do I talk about? About ship Cutter + Deconstructor (and all unnecessary bonuses that R12 get)  where total N oo B player can make 10 kills with it.

On top of that, there was also a Gargoyle with even more bonuses for R11 that …meh

I know smart people know better it is everything ok here.

Today is really going everything in a way that balance Devs and Niripas stand for;

http://prntscr.com/kevxes

http://prntscr.com/kevxkc

http://prntscr.com/kevxqp

http://prntscr.com/kevxv1

http://prntscr.com/kevy2c

I’m for giving even more bonuses to low-rank ships because Nightingale needed 2 shots with shrapnel to kill me and my ship was with full shield and hull and

that Daemon needed four hits. Why should that have so hard game and need so many shots? Buff them that they can kill R15 ship with just one shot.

Was a nice game 2min and it was over. Well balanced too.

Niri today is total crap bad MM as hell no close game not single one that I played from last ten. How can this be?

11 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Today is really going everything in a way that balance Devs and Niripas stand for

With all due respect - but that’s enough here. I do stand for fair battles and fair game play - that’s what Game Master role is. I am not a supporter for issues and balancing is a process. If you want to help in that process - please, be my guest. Log some bugs, post some logs. But if you openly mocking me or people that wrote this game that we are supporting imbalanced gameplay - hell no. If you want a proper analysis what went wrong in that game, do a proper bug report, heck make a special thread in Bug section. After John posted his findings where both teams had an average w/l ratio - we went straight on skype to ask wth is going on.

So - I liked you in NASA, but what happened to you, mate? Mocking, trolling, insulting. WHY? Do you expect to have any positive outcome out of those actions? Or just venting on the forum?  

PS. Just checked those games -  I did some research and the results were sent over to the devs. I am waiting for an answer.

The low rank buffs surely have some weird effects. I watch myself ditching expensive SP ships and other high rank ships in favor of t3 and t4 ships quite a lot now.

The Kris AE for example seems to outperform the Karud in every relevant aspect.

I am all for diversity, but it has to be implemented correctly. I vote for the ship base stats aswell as the module parameters to be normalized across all ranks. The advantage of picking a higher rank ship should only come down to a greater amount of module choices. The disadvantage of higher maintenance costs would remain. Intransparent rank buffs should be abolished.

Premium Ships should not be able to use every unique module, since some combinations like the double regen/warp Stingray are too effective. Some premium ships (Cutter, Sawtooth, Loki, etc.) have  superior passive bonuses. The Sawtooth for example has a 20% main weapon damage on top of a 20% crit damage bonus. Such anomalies should not happen.

R7 recons of the federation seem to be more durable than r15 reacons of the empire while also dealing a greater amount of damage. This is something that doesn’t feel right.

I would also opt for an increased usefulness of the Diffusion Shield and the shield regeneration boosting passive modules.

Super balanced.

20180805185756_1.jpg.f992bc9eeedb6c184c5cffa7fe94166d.jpg

Guys. Make a thread in Bug section. Those are bugs. If you have time to rant about it here, spend it on the bug reports. Enough bug reports - someone will do something to fix it. A player with 15 battles shouldn’t face SP ships…

9 hours ago, niripas said:

Guys. Make a thread in Bug section. Those are bugs. If you have time to rant about it here, spend it on the bug reports. Enough bug reports - someone will do something to fix it. A player with 15 battles shouldn’t face SP ships…

Well last time I made a report in Bug section I was told to contact support and look there in first or second line in support it is written make a BUG report on Forum.

So I’m still more than 3k of experience short on my account that is one thing and other is I will not make any other bug report because of that.

Also, I’m not blaming you NIRI for these bad anomalies that were common yesterday but developers, but you are the ONE who is talking to us here.

One other thing is that you are always defending devs and you never step on players side even if we are wright.

Next thing is:

It would be nice to see some developer here to respond to players but there is none.

I as a player can just assume; 

a.) developers don’t care what we think and say

or 

b.) they do this on purpose

or 

c.) they don’t know how to repair it and they have no cojones to admit it or are so ashamed that they don’t wish to be seen here.

it you have any other reason why can’t we contact with them please write it ……

38 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Also, I’m not blaming you NIRI for these bad anomalies that were common yesterday but developers, but you are the ONE who is talking to us here.

One other thing is that you are always defending devs and you never step on players side even if we are wright.

Niri never blindly defends the devs. All I have seen is him trying to be as objective as possible.

20 hours ago, niripas said:

So - I liked you in NASA, but what happened to you, mate?

I was new back then, I didn’t know almost anything about a game.

Also, the game was much better than in my opinion than now.

We had 5 tiers,

we had no extra bonuses for low-rank ships,

we had no unkillable ships,

we had no modules that can be used every 10sec

we had no weapons like Deconstructor that can two shot ship that have more than 20k survivability,

a lot of bad moves were made by than.

Immortal Tar’ga remember? Millf was making 25kils per game for month or two, no reaction what ever by devs until other players got ship.

Same was with Tai’kin, xxxx ship is still OP and still no reaction by devs.

Same sh it is going on with this low Rank bonuses.

Who do you think get benefits from this bonuses? New player certainly don’t because they don’t know how to use them.

Only old players that have all ships or almost all and really good players take advantage.

I get sick when I see that R9 recon make two or three hits to destroy R15 recon that have landed more hits.

Same goes for any other class R5 should not ever kill R15 when they fire same amount of shots

Mocking,

trolling,

insulting.

WHY?

So you think that all that I wrote is that? 

I get feeling that no one should point on bad thing here or say that something isn’t done good because than he-she is mocing, trolling, insulting.

Do you expect to have any positive outcome out of those actions? Or just venting on the forum?  

Miracles do happen and I believe.

PS. Just checked those games -  I did some research and the results were sent over to the devs. I am waiting for an answer.

Now you see why I refer to you as well because devs don’t talk to players here (also I don’t blame you for mistakes here except if you are dev, but you are only one talking to players here)

You do not need to like me, but you should know NIRI that I will always like you and respect you.

8 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Niri never blindly defends the devs. All I have seen is him trying to be as objective as possible.

Are you his lawyer?