Idea To Make Mulitpurpose Shield Useful

I suggest to give the (currently rather pointless) Multipurpose Shield an additional function:

The module should grant ships a resistance to shield draining effects such as the Covert Ops Drone, Shield Havoc, Parasitic Remodulator or the Endavour’s Booster Shield.

The resistance could be around 50%.

Discuss!

Even with such an effect it would still largely be a waste of a slot.

Seems still useless…

22 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Seems still useless…

On 7/30/2018 at 5:38 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Even with such an effect it would still largely be a waste of a slot.

Maybe I should rename the topic to “Idea To Make Multipurpose Shield Slightly Less Useless”…

Easy. Make it have passive bonus of up to 40 of all shield resistances. Once activated up to 120 + extra energy shtuff 0.1 point extra per certain amount of volume and so on.

4 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

Easy. Make it have passive bonus of up to 40 of all shield resistances. Once activated up to 120 + extra energy shtuff 0.1 point extra per certain amount of volume and so on.

The topic is about the passive Multipurpose Shield. I believe you mistake it for the active Multiphase Shield Adapter.

I would agree with your suggestion about the active module however ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Simple.

Redirects collision and bypass damage to shields. Increase shield resistance by 10-20-30-35 points. Decrease shield volume by 5%.
Jerry need strong shields.

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Simple.

Redirects collision and bypass damage to shields. Increase shield resistance by 10-20-30-35 points. Decrease shield volume by 5%.
Jerry need strong shields.

I made a suggestion to change the shield volume bonus to a moderate shield resist bonus a while back.
The topic didn’t catch on…