Gravitational Lens and future R14 Destroyers

Starting this topic now because I foresee lots of issues in the future with this module and the implant known as E13. Once Gravity Lens is activated it immediately goes into cooldown. With the E13 implant it will reduce cooldowns by 5% a kill which means 20 kills and it’s ready to be used again.

In order to prevent Gravity Lens spam it will need to be adjusted into a “channeling” type of ability, similar to tackler modules or pulsar. That way the cooldown doesn’t start until the ability is finished. There are plenty of maps with unlimited enemy spawns and in its current state it will be completely be broken.

Imagine a guard frigate using pulsar constantly with no cooldown. That would be like 1/4 of how broken Gravity Lens would be in comparison. So I hope this goes into consideration for the future.

Guards used to be able to do that. It was so fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Just make sure that it works like Tempest and isn’t completely disabled by ECM or Command stuns.

Just make sure that it works like Tempest and isn’t completely disabled by ECM or Command stuns.

Yeah that might be closer to what needs to be done. The module just needs to wait until the effect is finished before it can recharge.

On 2/26/2016 at 7:16 PM, KuroiTora said:

Starting this topic now because I foresee lots of issues in the future with this module and the implant known as E13. Once Gravity Lens is activated it immediately goes into cooldown. With the E13 implant it will reduce cooldowns by 5% a kill which means 20 kills and it’s ready to be used again.

In order to prevent Gravity Lens spam it will need to be adjusted into a “channeling” type of ability, similar to tackler modules or pulsar. That way the cooldown doesn’t start until the ability is finished. There are plenty of maps with unlimited enemy spawns and in its current state it will be completely be broken.

Imagine a guard frigate using pulsar constantly with no cooldown. That would be like 1/4 of how broken Gravity Lens would be in comparison. So I hope this goes into consideration for the future.

It honestly should be a PVE only weapon.  Gravity lense, and the gravity cannon, should not be useable in pvp/Co-op because they’re broken and overpowered.  No player can escape their effects once they’ve been pulled in, and you’re destroyed immediately in smaller ships.