General devaluation of Premium license and other related issues

Changes in the Update 1.5.1 - Journey (my opinion)

I will only discuss some changes that are now significantly worse than they used to be.

I will discuss also these matters and add up a few of my interpretations to let you guys know what I think.

Free Loyalty vouchers changes: (moved to Open Space contracts - irregular, unpredictable and random low-reward missions of the specific type)

New update brought many questionable economic decisions that may turn out to be bad for most players, despite some other improvements in different areas.

It certainly didn’t make existing ones better.

Loyalty contracts, provided that you have all relevant DLCs’ boosts, gave you quite a boost to contracts, 58500 free loyalty for each faction’s side, and 87750 free loyalty with the Premium license.

I have done all six contracts a day to prepare for the new module releases.

In 13 days, I could level up all 6 sides to the maximum cap limit of 1 million free loyalty vouchers. It was worth it for the time spent.

That was all before the update.

Well, now it’s almost impossible to determine what type of contract will pop-up for Open Space and the rewards are so ridiculously low that’s absurd just to think about it.

There is another issue. Corporate contracts are gone as well.

These contracts were helping most players, especially newcomers that joined new and small corporations who are still in the delicate state.

They were an integral part of the process that is now left behind. That’s a major setback that should not be taken for granted at such low population count and dwindling numbers.

I believe that this was a wrong move. Most contracts are now Open Space only. And those who aren’t, are giving pitiful rewards now.

You should have kept them intact, the old ones, as they were, but with some minor changes.

The only thing that you could have changed is that you can complete them in any rank range, in addition, that this can also be accomplished in Open Space.

If you’re still so determined to keep this now, then you can only drastically increase the rewards, but let us choose the reward.

Loyalty affiliation or type that’s close or the same to what we used to have before.

Six different faction sides with a fixed reward to complete were much more gratifying than these screenshots below. And that was after the fix, all DLC bonuses, and a Premium license.

Even if you increased the research/loyalty reward for the module that’s currently equipped on a ship, there is no excuse for this.

Screenshots:

NOW:

wUdeUpA.png

p2Hd9TY.png

BEFORE:

IThMolx.png

Up16GSC.png

Research option mechanics:

Another big problem with so-called researched loyalty vouchers is that you must own a proper or specific ship first in order to research any module.

You may need to downgrade or upgrade any customizable ship if you wish to research some module or weapon to match its rank.

At the current state of the game and other major changes to equipment that can now be found mostly only in Open Space, you may come to find an unfamiliar module.

The ship is not available yet, but the module for it already exist. So what can you do? Can you research it? No! You cannot because it must fit the ship it belongs to first.

To conduct a research and to ‘level up’ or ‘upgrade’ the module without free loyalty vouchers, you need to lack them first or you must have enough of them to upgrade it directly.

The research slot for any module should be made universal. It should count as the ship slot itself, without any more unnecessary hindrance.

Screenshot: (Universal Research slot - no restrictions of any kind)

HM7IRn2.png

Reworked and constantly manipulated loot spots:

Screenshot: Is it true that +2 extra loot attempts can now bring me a minimum of 3080 credits in one match?

2JfkOdj.png

The only upside of a Premium license is that you can get rare resources slightly quicker, but the loot will always remain the same. Credit loot, with only occasional one rare drop, nothing more.

This is one of the major problems right now that is hugely underestimated and must be changed quickly and for the better. There should be diversity in the loot spots, not the other way around.

Premium license and related issues: Iridium gains from purple slots and non-changing conversion rate with the Premium license: (No +50% boost to regular and salvage and GS option)

Screenshot:

JYJFekp.png

Iridium is considered to be a rare resource, yet no Premium bonuses affect its amount.

That’s another devaluation right here.

GS to Credits conversation rate is also a problem: (30 EUR for 5 million credits should be long gone by now.)

Screenshot:

Y5gB3Hx.png

That’s all I have to say.

Best regards,

[Koromac][SRS]

And missklick…

It should actually be a triple no in my case.

59 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Changes in the Update 1.5.1 - Journey (my opinion)

I will only discuss some changes that are now significantly worse than they used to be.

I will discuss also these matters and add up a few of my interpretations to let you guys know what I think.

Free Loyalty vouchers changes: (moved to Open Space contracts - irregular, unpredictable and random low-reward missions of the specific type)

New update brought many questionable economic decisions that may turn out to be bad for most players, despite some other improvements in different areas.

It certainly didn’t make existing ones better.

Loyalty contracts, provided that you have all relevant DLCs’ boosts, gave you quite a boost to contracts, 58500 free loyalty for each faction’s side, and 87750 free loyalty with the Premium license.

I have done all six contracts a day to prepare for the new module releases.

In 13 days, I could level up all 6 sides to the maximum cap limit of 1 million free loyalty vouchers. It was worth it for the time spent.

That was all before the update.

Well, now it’s almost impossible to determine what type of contract will pop-up for Open Space and the rewards are so ridiculously low that’s absurd just to think about it.

There is another issue. Corporate contracts are gone as well.

These contracts were helping most players, especially newcomers that joined new and small corporations who are still in the delicate state.

They were an integral part of the process that is now left behind. That’s a major setback that should not be taken for granted at such low population count and dwindling numbers.

I believe that this was a wrong move. Most contracts are now Open Space only. And those who aren’t, are giving pitiful rewards now.

You should have kept them intact, the old ones, as they were, but with some minor changes.

The only thing that you could have changed is that you can complete them in any rank range, in addition, that this can also be accomplished in Open Space.

If you’re still so determined to keep this now, then you can only drastically increase the rewards, but let us choose the reward.

Loyalty affiliation or type that’s close or the same to what we used to have before.

Six different faction sides with a fixed reward to complete were much more gratifying than these screenshots below. And that was after the fix, all DLC bonuses, and a Premium license.

Even if you increased the research/loyalty reward for the module that’s currently equipped on a ship, there is no excuse for this.

Screenshots:

NOW:

wUdeUpA.png

p2Hd9TY.png

BEFORE:

IThMolx.png

Up16GSC.png

Research option mechanics:

Another big problem with so-called researched loyalty vouchers is that you must own a proper or specific ship first in order to research any module.

You may need to downgrade or upgrade any customizable ship if you wish to research some module or weapon to match its rank.

At the current state of the game and other major changes to equipment that can now be found mostly only in Open Space, you may come to find an unfamiliar module.

The ship is not available yet, but the module for it already exist. So what can you do? Can you research it? No! You cannot because it must fit the ship it belongs to first.

To conduct a research and to ‘level up’ or ‘upgrade’ the module without free loyalty vouchers, you need to lack them first or you must have enough of them to upgrade it directly.

The research slot for any module should be made universal. It should count as the ship slot itself, without any more unnecessary hindrance.

Screenshot: (Universal Research slot - no restrictions of any kind)

HM7IRn2.png

Reworked and constantly manipulated loot spots:

Screenshot: Is it true that +2 extra loot attempts can now bring me a minimum of 3080 credits in one match?

2JfkOdj.png

The only upside of a Premium license is that you can get rare resources slightly quicker, but the loot will always remain the same. Credit loot, with only occasional one rare drop, nothing more.

This is one of the major problems right now that is hugely underestimated and must be changed quickly and for the better. There should be diversity in the loot spots, not the other way around.

Premium license and related issues: Iridium gains from purple slots and non-changing conversion rate with the Premium license: (No +50% boost to regular and salvage and GS option)

Screenshot:

JYJFekp.png

Iridium is considered to be a rare resource, yet no Premium bonuses affect its amount.

That’s another devaluation right here.

GS to Credits conversation rate is also a problem: (30 EUR for 5 million credits should be long gone by now.)

Screenshot:

Y5gB3Hx.png

That’s all I have to say.

Best regards,

[Koromac][SRS]

good points my friend I agree with everything but Iridium, it was meant to be a rare resource, if they added every mat you get 50% more with premium it would be a no-brainier and only tarnish this games last remaining “f2p” standards

Iridium gains are not that great, actually. The Premium license would then at least be worth considering, but as it’s now, it isn’t.

Every game should be play to have fun even at a low point (limited access games), but lately it started feeling more and more as play to work. Like he said, now you do missions for the material containers that are bought with iridium and not for the loot of the mission itself that is mostly credits now… and even that is going to be a pain because of how hard is getting to get iridium. Lets not even begin about open space, ~25 containers to get 4 things, 2 ammo and 2 dupes… the rest were credits (not a good quantity). 

~10k gs is 20 dolars, 10k gs = 5kk credits, most upgrades of Thar’Ga from level 10-15 (i mean when you reach those levels on the ship) are 5-10kk for each upgrade. Someone said to me yesterday, -gs are cheap-, not if 1 blueprint is worth 5k gs and you need 2 to build 1 module. 

To be honest today i see the game making a long jump towards pay to play.

Credits make no sense right now. You barely get anything from battle loot and reward, yet it costs 8-10 million just to buy/upgrade one item/node. It’s wildly ridiculous

GS to credit ratio is completely out of proportion. And i’m sure some new players probably waste GS on it not knowing this (since credits harder to get for new players)

We even have to pay for module upgrades with both vouchers and credits. Used to be just vouchers

All in all they keep making credit sinks larger and the rewards aren’t scaled to match. 1500 credits from loot is a joke

If unlocking a node is going to cost 10 million, then winning a PvP match should reward at least 2 million

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

Iridium gains are not that great, actually. The Premium license would then at least be worth considering, but as it’s now, it isn’t.

Koro is right here – there should be a reasonable but serious difference between $upportimg players and non-§upporting ones - what better to make a difference? iridium would be a good lever atm !

[@CinnamonFake](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/257821-cinnamonfake/)

I would like to know official stance on this.

Anyone also discovered they lowered credits gain per missions ? I got like 30-40% less for making Ariadne win.

20 minutes ago, Xerad said:

Anyone also discovered they lowered credits gain per missions ? I got like 30-40% less for making Ariadne win.

Bad example as the credits reward is not constant in Ariadne’s Thread.

On everything else is the same, fe - Defence contract. I do Ariadne with same bonuses in around the same time.

With some reserches it is Ariadne that got HEAVY credit nerfed… CMON devs, it is the hardest one so the reward should be as it was