Fuel?

Who thought that fuel was a good idea. You can sit in PvP or PvE for as long as you want running full afterburners and all sorts of modules and yer fine, but in OS if you use afterburners to cross a map you may not be able to get out. What the heck. Someone either give me a decent explanation of this mechanic or remove it. It really gets annoying having to search for fuel on a cross-sector trip in anything other than an interceptor.

You sound like, after all this time you finally undocked.

Lol. It just recently got annoying.

Lol. It just recently got annoying.

Let me gues, you are flying a Destroyer?

That and a tackler

Fuel is abundant in every sector, not sure what your problem is.

well garlic has side effects like that

well garlic has side effects like that

Damn straight

I always wondered about this mechanic. I mean at least it’s not a hard limit, like the “you can’t bring your scout spaceship here, because you need to grind more first” jump gates. But still, in the current design the fuel doesn’t really do anything besides annoying people. Or maybe I’m just too stupid to see it. Feel free to enlighten me, anyone.

Fuel is abundant in every sector, not sure what your problem is.

If it’s plentiful in every sector, meaning that it’s not really hard to get or that you have to really think your jumps, then it does not have any gameplay value… So, it’s just a waste of time. The mechanic just forces you to waste time in sectors looking for fuel when you could be doing something more fun.

In that case the mechanic should be removed.

If it’s plentiful in every sector, meaning that it’s not really hard to get or that you have to really think your jumps, then it does not have any gameplay value… So, it’s just a waste of time. The mechanic just forces you to waste time in sectors looking for fuel when you could be doing something more fun.

In that case the mechanic should be removed.

Or you can use a duplicator for returning into dock immediately  :001j:

Or you can use a duplicator for returning into dock immediately :001j:

This doesn’t work with premium ships nor with the alien thingie.

The fuel is a real problem for slower ships.

If you play a fast tackler/recon, no problem, you can go from one side of the map to the other side in a matter of seconds and easily look for fuel.

But a frigate…

I think looking for fuel (even though its easy) is boring. I’d rather pay to undock with fuel cells in cargo - why not?

maybe its meant to prevent players from jumping into one sector, then inmediately returning with full health? (just asking)

On 21.06.2016 at 1:33 AM, Papitas said:

maybe its meant to prevent players from jumping into one sector, then inmediately returning with full health? (just asking)

i dont like that mechanic. how we can regen heal w/o using any module or time when jumping. what? used fuel converts to hull and shield points? so bring this feature too: if we use %15 of fuel we instantly gain full hull and shield…

OS should be nerfed, so that if you jump to another sector your hp remains. Also, I had an idea of a new mechanic for the fuel. I think it should be closer to the gates, but you would have to pay for it, like a gas station. Make it easier for big slow ships to get the fuel, but at the same time make players pay for it, for example 10k for 50pts of fuel. Also, remove the fuel flying by the wrecked cargos, or nerf it a lot, like 1 fuel cell max with as much as 15 pts. Now that would become somehow more realistic than infinite fuel leak from the cargos.

Necro much guys?

7 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Necro much guys?

Yeah… sorry for that. I just got intrigued by the topic and had to repsond.

Open a new thread and discuss it there, also, the rework is in progress soo at least wait a little, for the first patch or something.