Energy converter

This module is unfair and broken in first place. Forcing all team to not shoot the attacker for 3 seconds is not a thing that should happen in a team game. In most cases, its sure frag module and every class can use it. You can’t protect the ally attacked by it because you will do more harm, ally also cant protect itself. Also, non-inties have almost zero chance to avoid it, because its bloody hitscan beam. It’s can’t be even disabled once activated.

The module is simply too strong while being too easy to use. It needs to be changed. There are some options.

1. Make damage accumulate after resistances.
    It would make risky builds around it, with a danger of being blown off instantly when something go wrong. If user skillfully avoids all increased damage, he might get that frag.

2. Make it not invulnerable to disables.
    ECM/Command saves the day!

3. Turn it to projectile
    Avoidable now by all classes except dessies, if not used with conjuction of slowing tools.

4. Make it not increase shield resistances
    Victim can fight the attacker by brute force before it can be fried by it.

In my opinion projectile would be most fair. It still could do ton of damage, but it at least be avoidable, rewarding flight skills.

inb4 _“it’s perfectly balanced!”. _Please add arguments why it should/shouldn’t be changed, keep it civil.

Its a lifesaver for anyone who gets ambushed by a Gunship in a Frigate or Fighter.

Afaik it can only convert damage on shields, so it should be less effective if used offensively, since Gunships usually have low-ish shields. Anything with more shields is usually either slow or not tanky enough to risk getting hit in the first place.

But I agree, that ECM or Command missile stuns should be able to deactivate it.

46 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Its a lifesaver for anyone who gets ambushed by a Gunship in a Frigate or Fighter.

Not when said gunship has it too, and majority of gunships I saw have it installed, because its cheesy.  Gunships are fast and maneuverable enough to get you, and you cant even shoot back.

I don’t really use the module but have been killed by it a few times … Its nasty on a Karud or a Thar’Ga … i don’t see it as a real threat to PVP but there’s always one guy that has a ping of 15 and can devastate the map with it … but should we nerf everything that gets exploited by one or two players every once in a while ?

8 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Not when said gunship has it too, and majority of gunships I saw have it installed, because its cheesy.  Gunships are fast and maneuverable enough to get you, and you cant even shoot back.

I dont know if that is how it works currently, but I think that it should only reflect damage that is received by the shields. Emergency Barrier, ECM bubble and Combat Reboot should cancel the Energy converter. Taking down the shields of the attacking ship should also disable the damage reflection imo. This should put the emphasis on the defense use of it, rather than the offensive one ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I personally like it the way it is.

However, I have before stated that it would be better off as a projectile. Maybe one projectile every second, or one huge projectile at the end. (to make killing them stop the damage)

35 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I personally like it the way it is.

However, I have before stated that it would be better off as a projectile. Maybe one projectile every second, or one huge projectile at the end. (to make killing them stop the damage)

Killing them always stops the damage.

Also If shields are almost empty this module bears no threat at all. It only gets interesting when Heavy resistance built shield is hit by some massive damage (eg. Pyro emitter). Also using makes you basically decide if you use the converters dps or your main weapon dps if you are not using a laser as main gun.

5 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Killing them always stops the damage.

Also If shields are almost empty this module bears no threat at all. It only gets interesting when Heavy resistance built shield is hit by some massive damage (eg. Pyro emitter). Also using makes you basically decide if you use the converters dps or your main weapon dps if you are not using a laser as main gun.

This is all. False?

Aside for the lasers part. That’s true.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This is all. False?

Aside for the lasers part. That’s true.

So you want to state that after you are being killed the converter still deals damage? That projectiles line up with the laser perfectly and Upon firing on an empty shield the converter still produces damage (and i mean above that 300 or something per tick you get)? Are you sure?

20 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

So you want to state that after you are being killed the converter still deals damage? That projectiles line up with the laser perfectly and Upon firing on an empty shield the converter still produces damage (and i mean above that 300 or something per tick you get)? Are you sure?

The energy converter deals damage over 4 “shots” once each second, and once at the very start. If you activate it 1 second before you die, it will still reflect damage. If you activate it 2 seconds before you die, it will reflect damage. Same for 3 seconds.

It doesn’t not accumulate damage over those 4 “seconds”, it accumulates it in “charges” once per second.

And the energy converter still uses hull damage to reflect damage. It does not specifically reflect a certain type of damage, but just raw damage applied to the ship over the active time. Test it for yourself. Get shields to zero, then activate.

Also no, projectile weapons do not change course. Why would you think that.

I’m pretty damn sure I know what I’m talking about. I’ve only used this item in every way imaginable since its foundation.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The energy converter deals damage over 4 “shots” once each second, and once at the very start. If you activate it 1 second before you die, it will still reflect damage. If you activate it 2 seconds before you die, it will reflect damage. Same for 3 seconds.

It doesn’t not accumulate damage over those 4 “seconds”, it accumulates it in “charges” once per second.

And the energy converter still uses hull damage to reflect damage. It does not specifically reflect a certain type of damage, but just raw damage applied to the ship over the active time. Test it for yourself. Get shields to zero, then activate.

Also no, projectile weapons do not change course. Why would you think that.

I’m pretty damn sure I know what I’m talking about. I’ve only used this item in every way imaginable since its foundation.

I never said it would not deal damage at all if you killed the user after activation, i just said that there is no more damage after the user was destroyed.

Fine i will proove it with a screenshot.

I never said anything like that, just that Projectiles and the beam have a high chance not to both reach the target (except you aim for destroyers of frigate)

1 minute ago, Flash0914 said:

I never said it would not deal damage at all if you killed the user after activation, i just said that there is no more damage after the user was destroyed.

Fair enough. This is true. Once a player is killed it will no longer continue.

Fine i will proove it with a screenshot.

Prove what?

I never said anything like that, just that Projectiles and the beam have a high chance not to both reach the target (except you aim for destroyers of frigate)

Yurp. Ones a beam and ones got travel speed. Unless you are sitting on your targe, or they are still, you will miss one or the other.

Hello

How many treads were made becouse of this broken modul?

This is not first one. 

Any way from my point of view game would be better without it. 

Modul was made to counter destroyers but now we have very bad and fragile destroyers that are easy to kill.

So please remove ENERGY CONVERTER FROM game. 

Regards