Dreadnought Battle vs (New) Alien Dreadnought

An alien dreadnought to fight against would be awesome and instead of fighting players you are fighting aliens (Hunters, predators, biomorphs, etc…).

Just like a regular dreadnought there are key points in which you have to take out to damage the dreadnought for example the shield emitter. But this new alien dreadnought would make the defiler and the destroyer look like ants. So basically the alien mothership.

Not really sure how to implement this into a game mode and I know there are ideas similar already posted but I’m not saying a new kind of spec ops with the dreadnought. I’m saying that while we are going after sectors so are the aliens so we “COULD” go up against aliens if we choose to try and take a sector they own which would mean that once we capture there sector they will fight in randoms also trying to recapture the sector or another sector.

Maybe only for alien sectors and they only try to recapture those sectors to make it so that if you don’t want to fight the mothership then don’t capture alien territory…

Like I said not sure about how to go about it but an alien mothership dreadnought would be AWESOME to see and try and take out.

Spec Ops.Try out spec ops.

Please read the entire post before commenting… ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

7 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

An alien dreadnought to fight against would be awesome and instead of fighting players you are fighting aliens (Hunters, predators, biomorphs, etc…).

Just like a regular dreadnought there are key points in which you have to take out to damage the dreadnought for example the shield emitter. But this new alien dreadnought would make the defiler and the destroyer look like ants. So basically the alien mothership.

Just to give you a scale of what are you asking. Alien destroyer is well - destroyer. Defiler is classified as a cruiser. Higher class is a battle cruiser, then battleship and then a dreadnought. So you are asking for something 3-4 times the size of the defiler? I like it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

Its basically the same as what I posted but with aliens. There nirpas contested it. But whatever as long as N00BZ have something to train on.

-1 as this doesn’t make sense.
Dreadnought bot battles already exist.
You can even play already such a thing. It’s called Defiler.
It’s just wasting dev resources for a reskin of something already existing.

6 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

-1 as this doesn’t make sense.
Dreadnought bot battles already exist.
You can even play already such a thing. It’s called Defiler.
It’s just wasting dev resources for a reskin of something already existing.

WOW! Really? ![o_O](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007.png “o_O”)

• Very good! Yes, dreadnought “bot” battles do exist.
  • and yes that is very true that I can play defiler
  • and as far as resources I cannot say as I am only here to play a game and have fun

BUT… you missed the whole point in what I posted. I stated very clearly this is NOT spec ops it is the “MOTHERSHIP” in dreadnought alien territory only or whatever the devs decide to do with it.

I personally think it would be great to fight for alien territory against the “MOTHERSHIP”

Also this is for something WAY down the road for when they have fixed everything and junk; NOT right now while we are waiting for dessies and stuff.

string DONE = "I am done with this post as no one reads all of it"; string WHY = "I get one more comment like this"; if (WHY) { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Messagebox.Show(DONE); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Environment.Exit(0); }

Sorry, but it’s a resource wasting idea.
Just because you give it a new skin doesn’t mean it’s somethin valuable.
You can make golden poo, but it doesn’t change what it is.
A) Just a totally bot battle.
B) Bot Aliens.
C) Bot Sector.
So for what you fight them for? They posses no threat, as they are not fast(300m/s isn’t fast) - so carrying the bomb isn’t something they will do good.
They are no threat over range - after 5km even predators can’t hit anymore. So using destroyer/LRF/anything with range kill them with ease.
So the only thing they possess is being meatshields and pulsarclusters.
Nothing innovative or of use.
To compensate for their more or less not existing difficulty rewards need to be very low.
Because if it’s to high, fighting this sector is solely for the reward/risk then.
And just to fight for some pitty rewards next to noone will do it.

And with another reason: We don’t need a separate bot dreadnought mode. If you want to train, a custom battle mode would be enough for this.

Message.png.79388cbe4015713cf130ae2f3808b07f.png

*clicks the X button*

19 hours ago, MassHomicide said:

Its basically the same as what I posted but with aliens. There nirpas contested it. But whatever as long as N00BZ have something to train on.

You really have to learn to understand what are you reading. I am always for more content in this game. What I said is that would be a nice idea to have it even as a custom map to reconnoiter every nook and cranny of the dreadnought battle map, but as for now there are more important things to implement and I doubt that devs have resources to spare on this idea and if you want to practice with your wing you can do this in custom battles (and I told you how, since you tried only few time the dread battle itself) or try your luck in the Fed space where are sectors that are not defended at all. So stop lying.

I like it! But wow, with how much more powerful alien defilers, and cruisers are compared to human ones. Were going to need like 32 people and two dreadnoughts to finish off one alien dreadnought.

This may work as some sort of OS regular events. Like when something big is happening at one random time in one sector for example, and everyone who’s near can participate and being rewarded ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Bit of a necro, but this is very similar to what I suggested over a year ago:

/shameless self plug

The idea is great, but I don’t know about the limitations of implementing this. I’ve toyed with the idea in the past about having FOUR corporate dreadnoughts and their respective wings of 8 (which is 32 players and 4 dreadnoughts!) all attack a mothership (Which for the sake of this post are those weird planet looking things in the skyboxes in the alien sectors), but it goes without saying that the idea would be a _massive _project. I don’t know about the feasibility of it.

The ‘mothership’ is no mothership. It’s a bion. A planet extracted from any resources(or just iridium) turned into a giant weapon platform.
And again: We don’t need a bot dreadnought battle.

On 27.10.2016 at 10:26 AM, Lord_Xenon said:

The ‘mothership’ is no mothership. It’s a bion. A planet extracted from any resources(or just iridium) turned into a giant weapon platform.
And again: We don’t need a bot dreadnought battle.

#1: Imho, I disagree. A battle mode Ellydium-dreadnaught “Conquest vs AI” could be beneficial - for testing and strategic squad-battle practice, like CO-OP (vs AI) or Custom Battle.

#2: Planets have diameters of thousands of kilometers (e.g. Earth has a mean diameter of ~ 12,742 km, former planet Pluto has a diameter of ~ 2,374 km. Scaled down to SC maps dimensions, bion- planets would not fit, they would be too large and ship sizes in relation to them like microorganisms to us. Rendered bion-motherships as part of the game would be of sizes of Asteroids (some thousand meters; micro-planets would have some thousand kilometers, planets some tenthousand kilometers).

>>#1: Imho, I disagree. A battle mode Ellydium-dreadnaught “Conquest vs AI” could be beneficial - for testing and strategic squad-battle practice, like CO-OP (vs AI) or Custom Battle.<<

You make your own argument invalid within your statement.
For what use? For bots/testing you already have the mentioned Co-op or custom battle. You don’t need a bot dread for anything else.

Probably you misunderstood? Training dreadnought battles vs AI could only done in bot-dreadnought battles. I am afraid I shall have to say, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Guys, don’t necro topics, watch the date sometimes.