Dread battles and breaking the rules

Lets see how far i get with this one, not my rules but the rules of the game we all signed up for.

6. During the game, the following is prohibited:

6.4. Use of vulnerabilities and / or errors of the game mechanics to get an unfair advantage.

Creation of new corporations to launch ‘attacks’ that ultimately fail as per arrangement in order to maintain sector defence percentage. Same applies to existing corps who are established but have an agreement to not actually show for said attack therefore denying attack slots that would have otherwise depleted sector defence for corporations who are willing to fight.

6.6. Denial to deal damage to the enemy.

Undeniably occurs in the above games to decide which team will win in what could only be described as a training battle with one predetermined winner. Namely the one that owns a sector to limit any sector defense loss.

6.9. Refusal to fight against members of the corporation.

Corp jumping is a reality in order to subvert this rule. However as described above, it is still game rigging. They are still members of a particular corp when they ‘fight’

6.10. Any help to the opposing team.

Really? Read above.

I would encourage all who see the attack list before/after to post their screens of the continued nonsense that is being abused here. In particular the EU/RU timezones where this is a major issue.

The same corps not showing, the same attacks being ‘defended’ against that always fail. Kills the games end content and needs to stop right now.

So many times 8 corpmates are ready to go an we are the only ones who show or who are not defended against. So no game.

Only through several wasted days of readying up can we perhaps get a game. Maybe.

People put so much effort into the admin behind arranging all this seems to imply that they spend a lot of time in the game but do not actually want to play.

Stop ruining the game.

It’s a mixture of one part bad sportsmanship on the player’s side and one part a lack of in-game incentive to do otherwise, or punishment for doing so.

I doubt either will change any time soon.

Sometimes people drop from attack wings last second, with not enough players to flesh it out.

Other times mistakes are made in calling attacks, despite a lack of dedication.

These things can also play in.

We are aware of this situation and some kind of fix is already in work.

+10,000 if it was possible. THANK YOU.

Woot.

Personal suggestion: Increase costs of attacks by some amount. Add iridium rebate for same amount upon showing up for the attack, thus effectively making fake attacks more expensive than real ones. Before you tell me to make a thread about it, I already did, and this idea’s already in there.

Ofc you are aware… This process is around for 3 months now.

Only one thing changed - increase of fake corporations which block attacks.

Would you look at those attacks, and with that defence percentage. Oh how it will surely fall!

Pic taken 1 minute after attacks available to be launched. Today.

v1ERMlA.jpg

Nope guess again.

nyEsclF.jpg

Even if it were possible for another corp to launch an attack and actually show then the end result would be the same. The corporation retains control of the sector. I didnt have to try very hard at all to find this example, in fact found it ten mins after i logged in. Good game, well fought everyone.

+1 to the OP. All of what JC said is sadly true.

Since the game mechanics were changed so that corps could only launch one attack per sector, what do the sector-greedy corps do? (some RU/EU corps, I don’t know of any US corps that have fake corps created). Do they abide by the rules like the rest of us? Nope. They create fake corporations to bend the rules. The most notorious corp group I have seen do this is all of the WARHOOM corps (there’s like 5 or more of them). All were created by DNO (I’m pretty sure), and all of them launch attacks, but never show, all to prevent damage from being dealt to a sector.

As far as denial to deal damage to an enemy, I don’t think this applies in the same way you are thinking. The rule was intended for preventing pilots from not targeting specific individuals on the other team (if corp-mates are on the other team that they don’t want to kill), or if a player simply refuses to play. In dreadnoughts, this is a different can of beans. Corps have free will on who they defend against when their sector is under attack. “Choosing” which corp will take the sector is, in my books, a valid strategy, and doesn’t fall under “denial to deal damage to an enemy”. 

Regarding 6.9, corp jumping is a huge issue. I have suggested and have supported others’ suggestions for putting restrictions on corp jumping (whether that be a wait-period before being able to join another corp after leaving your own, or not being able to participate in dreadnought battles for a period upon joining the new corp). The only instances in which I view corp-jumping as legitimate, are jumping between corps that are in an alliance. First off, alliances should be officially supported in this game, once they are, then corp jumping between corps in an alliance should be allowed, but between any other corps, illegal, or at least prevent corp-jumping for a dreadnought attack.

As far as denial to deal damage to an enemy, I don’t think this applies in the same way you are thinking. The rule was intended for preventing pilots from not targeting specific individuals on the other team (if corp-mates are on the other team that they don’t want to kill), or if a player simply refuses to play. In dreadnoughts, this is a different can of beans. Corps have free will on who they defend against when their sector is under attack. “Choosing” which corp will take the sector is, in my books, a valid strategy, and doesn’t fall under “denial to deal damage to an enemy”. 

Regarding 6.9, corp jumping is a huge issue. I have suggested and have supported others’ suggestions for putting restrictions on corp jumping (whether that be a wait-period before being able to join another corp after leaving your own, or not being able to participate in dreadnought battles for a period upon joining the new corp). The only instances in which I view corp-jumping as legitimate, are jumping between corps that are in an alliance. First off, alliances should be officially supported in this game, once they are, then corp jumping between corps in an alliance should be allowed, but between any other corps, illegal, or at least prevent corp-jumping for a dreadnought attack.

To be clear I am in part referring to who they decide to defend against, but mainly the conduct of pilots in these ‘battles’. It is impossible to prove with video as not a single pilot in one of these pretend corps would show the type of battle that occurs.

It is however evident that the attacks launched by these corps are always successfully defended against unless the sector itself is up for grabs. In which case we find a situation where a corp that did not exist 3-4 weeks ago suddenly ups their game and owns sectors as happened recently.

The rule in denial to deal damage to the enemy will be being broken the rest of the time in these successfully defended ‘attacks’.

I have not wished to mention the in game messages received by other corps asking not to attack, as they will no doubt stop and I will lack further proof of this rigging going on. This is a particular problem with the T4 zones where a monopoly is being created and six wings will show including my own but we will be the only ones left without a game. End result, 10% off the defensive forces of the sector and no game.

The lesson being taught here seems to be that its our party and you are not invited. The second it looks as though you may get somewhere the player switching will happen where some of the best in game will be brought into whichever ‘corp’ is needed and your legitimate attack wing will get stomped.

Failing that some server bug will deny that any such attack happened you will be kicked from registering or the sector will become neutral.

I have never complained once about the q times in game. But I have given up hours of time an energy into trying to get a match in the most hyped end game content that this game has ever had. Seems like a complete waste now that there are so many that seem determined to undermine what should be a epic experience of space splosions, competitive play and fun.

^What JC said should be convincing enough.  

But like I said before in other posts… this game mechanics is denying ppl games.

There are too many loopholes for corps to easily abuse to their advantage; loopholes that helps them keep their precious sectors - the fake corps sending fake attacks just to fill up the spots preventing a real corp to actually get a chance to fight for control. In the long run, corps that dont have support from these bs fake corps or dont have many alliances, will eventually run out of iridium, and when you can’t afford sending attacks that often the interest for this game will drop, and ppl will start looking for something else to play…

(And ofc the “ruling” corps keep their mouths shut in this issue - why? because why should the few that actually benefits from this bs strategy complain when they profit from it???)

Looking at the bigger picture… This is not a “minor” problem. It should be top prioritized. Just sayin… as a gamer, I want to enjoy the game I play. 

Looking at the bigger picture… This is not a “minor” problem. It should be top prioritized. Just sayin… as a gamer, I want to enjoy the game I play. 

It isn’t a minor problem at all. The devs have ignored it far too long. Sure, the devs prevented corps from launching multiple attacks on a sector, but that has only made the problem of fake-attacks worse. Now fake corporations fill attack queues with fake attacks, and they can also fill up slots on the founding corp’s sector. 

What needs to happen to fix these issues?

1. Temp joins need to be prevented (unable to participate in a dread battle for a period of time after joining the corp, preferably 24 or 48 hours).

2. A penalty for not showing up for an attack needs to be added. The penalty needs to be fairly severe, to discourage corps from launching fake attacks. Maybe something along the lines of a significant iridium penalty, one that grows the more the corp launches fake attacks (so all no-show games in a week span will be counted toward this, making it extremely hard (if not impossible) to continually launch fake attacks).

3. All corporations that repeatedly launch fake attacks or do not show for attacks will be put on temporary ban from dreadnought games. So if they hit a certain number of fake attacks in a week, the corp should be put on an x-length ban (maybe 48 hours) from dreadnought battles.

If none of these things are possible (and I can’t understand why they wouldn’t be possible), at the very least, iridium earned from sector rewards in one corporation, cannot be used in another, even if the pilot temp-joins. Maybe have two deposits of personal iridium, one from sectors, one from PvP/PvE.

Just out of curiosity, does this happen in the american/european timezone areas, like nasa?

The whole point of fake attacks is to fill all the slots and deny attack of other corporations, in NA fed space, there is not enough competition for this to become a thing

The whole point of fake attacks is to fill all the slots and deny attack of other corporations, in NA fed space, there is not enough competition for this to become a thing

Half of these complaints are about temp joining corps, which as far as I’m aware happens in NA corps as well.

I have more of a problem with fake corps than with temp joining.

Personally I don’t see why temp joining should be possible for defense and not for attack.  An alliance is an alliance after all…

Half of these complaints are about temp joining corps, which as far as I’m aware happens in NA corps as well.

and how is this related to my post above?

and how is this related to my post above?

“Just out of curiosity, does this happen in the american/european timezone areas, like nasa?”

Yes, things being mentioned in the thread do happen in american/european timezone, like nasa. From your post it seemed like due to lack of competition none of this was happening in the US timezone. 

“Just out of curiosity, does this happen in the american/european timezone areas, like nasa?”

Yes, things being mentioned in the thread do happen in american/european timezone, like nasa. From your post it seemed like due to lack of competition none of this was happening in the US timezone. 

i said no fake attacks to the extent of filling all attack slots has been happening in NA, i have not said anything regarding temp corp jumping. 

This is why I originally asked for EU/RU regions attack lists before and after, as NA timezones do not really have this issue of fake attacks. But as phoenix says there is an eerie silence from these corps as most seem to benefit from it or realise the futility of trying to kick water uphill. As for what mill said.

I have more of a problem with fake corps than with temp joining.

Personally I don’t see why temp joining should be possible for defense and not for attack.  An alliance is an alliance after all…

Yep fully supported in the games patch notes can even get randoms for defence. Not really a problem.

Corp jumping is something I don’t really see too much of either as some EU/RU corps have now refused to play dreads but have pilots who where interested who have now switched sides permanently. This is OK too not much of an issue here.

The problem as always is fake attacks or no constant no shows who block attacks for others who want a game. Or 4 man groups from ‘no name’ corps who show but only to be defended at the expense of the one legitimate attack wing who does not get a game.

As for the rest, corp jumping just to fight a particular foe, or switching around just to make up the numbers for an attack, not sure where I stand on it tbh. But it is kinda ridiculous when this is suppose to be sector control for your corporation but you only join for a moment. Where is the loyalty or the point in belonging to a corporation to begin with if this is the end result of ‘sector conquest’?

An alliance i can understand but in no war ever fought would your ally attacking you prevent others from doing so.