Disable censorship in corporation and group chat

Censorship has gotten really bad. I liked when you could control profanity filter on client, now it simply blocks the entire message

I think corporations/groups should be allowed to moderate their chat internally and if they don’t need someone swearing a simple request/kick will do the trick

Still wish the filter was optional…

18 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Still wish the filter was optional…

First, if the conversation is private [purple text], it should not be censored.

Second, I would prefer that the filter would just censor the word, but not an entire sentence.

Whoever implemented this feature is simply lazy and ridiculous.

+1 to everything here. The censor is silly.

Did n ot  have problems with the censor-bot

Also bot always censores non english languages for having some english swear word in the middle of a term, which makes it really difficult to communicate when you don’t know, because of which word the filter blocks your message.

+for making the filter optional

++for removing the filter

I guess: will not happen due to PEGI 12

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

I guess: will not happen due to PEGI 12

Actually the rating has nothing to do whether the game has a chat filter or not. And the game itself is sometimes more insulting then some players.

14 hours ago, John161 said:

Actually the rating has nothing to do whether the game has a chat filter or not. And the game itself is sometimes more insulting then some players.

I think i said something like that somewhere before, but you are right. You can’t refer to someone as an idiot, while the announcer calls you “sons of xxxxxxx”.

Oh sweet more censorship. That just prooves me right even more.

i get the server side solution for reasons of ease of deployment, multiple languages etc.

i also get, since its server side, opt-out might not work properly

but i also would implement it with substitution

only create auto reports on repeated offenses

and exclude private / corp chat.

i can only remember that you could even not write sniper or assault rails, and had to guess which word was offensive yet again. at least its not that terrible anymore.

No disable

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

… at least its not that terrible anymore.

concord

51 minutes ago, g4borg said:

at least its not that terrible anymore.

That’s like saying drinkin bleach is better than being stung by a poisonous jelly fish… Even if it’s a little better it is still pretty horrible