Destructible parts on cargo ships

Cargo ships like in Processing Rig and Crimson Haze PvE, as well as in OS, should have destructible parts. Like engines and capacitor and bridge. The big square bridge looks like it would be a perfect target to deal critical damage, but instead it does the same amount as anywhere. And it seems like destroying the engines would slow it down and allow more time to kill it, but it doesn’t. And it seems like the big cylindrical capacitor kinda thing under the engines would deal extra damage to it or reduce defenses, but it doesn’t.

It just seems like all big ships should have some form of critical or destructible parts.

I remember in one game I could sub target weapons on any ship,

once weapons were destroyed ship was defenceless.

Something similar as we have with destroyers active modules only that we didn’t have auto repair like here.

Once destroyed it was gone for always.

Actually It was possible to destroy all modules and weapons that were attached on ship hull.

9 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Cargo ships like in Processing Rig and Crimson Haze PvE, as well as in OS, should have destructible parts. Like engines and capacitor and bridge. The big square bridge looks like it would be a perfect target to deal critical damage, but instead it does the same amount as anywhere. And it seems like destroying the engines would slow it down and allow more time to kill it, but it doesn’t. And it seems like the big cylindrical capacitor kinda thing under the engines would deal extra damage to it or reduce defenses, but it doesn’t.

It just seems like all big ships should have some form of critical or destructible parts.

As if we have no other issues atm and we need that ! Its great when we are spending our free time at a forum but at this point and with the current issues I cant hardly imagine there’s room for such suggestion in THIS game’s forum…

Some struggle for the player’s stat’s card and some for the forum popularity, in all honesty I’m not trying to be offensive here but just posting a topic at the forum for the sake of posting isn’t what the game needs right now. Apart from 3-4 players that post at the forum on a regular basis and some others with their alts [which use to boost an opinion which is usually contradictive] there’s hardly anyone else. Not that we have such a large player base, but what is happening here is stunning.

1 hour ago, ComWittman said:

As if we have no other issues atm and we need that ! Its great when we are spending our free time at a forum but at this point and with the current issues I cant hardly imagine there’s room for such suggestion in THIS game’s forum…

Some struggle for the player’s stat’s card and some for the forum popularity, in all honesty I’m not trying to be offensive here but just posting a topic at the forum for the sake of posting isn’t what the game needs right now. Apart from 3-4 players that post at the forum on a regular basis and some others with their alts [which use to boost an opinion which is usually contradictive] there’s hardly anyone else. Not that we have such a large player base, but what is happening here is stunning.

I don’t understand a word of what you just said.

at least not why it’s relevant.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

I don’t understand a word of what you just said.

at least not why it’s relevant.

But of course you dont, the only thing that matters is for you to have an excuse to post, regardless…

6 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

But of course you dont, the only thing that matters is for you to have an excuse to post, regardless…

???

26 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

???

probably just another NASA alt, ignore it

So yeah back on topic: more big things need subsystems that we can take out for various effects. And imo destroyers need to be reset to how they were on release, but with the addition of a destructible “bridge” section that wipes out the HUD when destroyed. That would be all the balance we need.