Destroyer Modules

Destroyers should be able to fit up to four identical active modules, as long as they are the “standard” actuve modules. I mean 4 Pyro emitters or 4 blaster turrets or 4 EM turrets etc. That would make symmetry so much nicer.

Also, just an addition, the destroyer combat drone launcher should work like the mine layer and be able to “store” up to 5 drones to fire once every 4-6 seconds or so. Since they only last 20 seconds.

8 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Destroyers should be able to fit up to four identical active modules, as long as they are the “standard” actuve modules. I mean 4 Pyro emitters or 4 blaster turrets or 4 EM turrets etc. That would make symmetry so much nicer.

Also, just an addition, the destroyer combat drone launcher should work like the mine layer and be able to “store” up to 5 drones to fire once every 4-6 seconds or so. Since they only last 20 seconds.

firstly, +1, secondly, by combat drone launcher do you mean hybrid missile?

Hybrid missile needs some change , it’s fairly weak for a dessy module .

very low HP , kinda avrg hit chance of the weapon , lowish damage output , can only launch 1 at a time

the drone turret from wazgot have more HP , more range , and he can put multiple one for example.

but 4 pyro ?? please no …
at the very best putting 2 of each turret ( plasma and the other one  )  , but that it .

Yeah hybrid drone.

Ans just imagine seeing multiple pyros going off back to back like it’s some sort of epic movie or something. Or 4 multiphase shields making the tankiest ship in the universe. Or 4 blaster turrets making the ship immortal to interceptors. Or 4 repulsors being all shovey and stuff.

Id love to have 4 photons or 4 hybrid missile launchers too but idk. Or like… 4 tempests. Think about it.

Definitely limit black hole tho.

15 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah hybrid drone.

Ans just imagine seeing multiple pyros going off back to back like it’s some sort of epic movie or something. Or 4 multiphase shields making the tankiest ship in the universe. Or 4 blaster turrets making the ship immortal to interceptors. Or 4 repulsors being all shovey and stuff.

Id love to have 4 photons or 4 hybrid missile launchers too but idk. Or like… 4 tempests. Think about it.

Definitely limit black hole tho.

invincible with 4 plasma turrets, long range coilguns, and shields, the master suppressor

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ans just imagine seeing multiple pyros going off back to back like it’s some sort of epic movie or something

it would look cool

it would be terrible for the game balance 

balance > look 

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

invincible with 4 plasma turrets, long range coilguns, and shields, the master suppressor

Really?

Is that best you can do?

One vs one

Antares with 2x photon emitter + gravy + jump + EM gravy main gun.

Or just 4×photon emitter + main gun( thermal or Em).

Plasma tuŕret less then 4k range.

Photon emitter 10k range.

You lost 

4x photon with 3x leak stabilizer, 3x energy shield, 3x passive armor. Fire 4 photon at once every 10 seconds.

36 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

4x photon with 3x leak stabilizer, 3x energy shield, 3x passive armor. Fire 4 photon at once every 10 seconds.

It would be better separate rapid fire every 1.5s

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No… Stop it… No duplicates on the same ship!

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

No… Stop it… No duplicates on the same ship!

Yes! Do it! Allow duplicates on the same ship!

Tyrant with 2 multiphase shields and 2 isotope haevesters! UNLIMITEEED POWAAH! xD

how about 2 identical modules?

generally +

It would be cool if you could double up on modules, because with destroyers you often build around specific modules, and it’d be nice to be able to focus on that more. I’d love to run more photons, just because I love that heavy artillery feel.

Still not a fan. 4 tempests? 8 (!) missiles for EACH enemy in the cone? Gravi lens spam to constantly block multiple beacons? I get that asymetric layouts can hurt your OCD, but this cannot justify massively OP destroyers :stuck_out_tongue:

35 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Still not a fan. 4 tempests? 8 (!) missiles for EACH enemy in the cone? Gravi lens spam to constantly block multiple beacons? I get that asymetric layouts can hurt your OCD, but this cannot justify massively OP destroyers :stuck_out_tongue:

Easy. Just remove gravi lens and cap missile locks per target at 2 while a tempest burst is in progress.

As fun and OP as gravi is, I still hate it and want it removed permanently.

12 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Easy. Just remove gravi lens and cap missile locks per target at 2 while a tempest burst is in progress.

As fun and OP as gravi is, I still hate it and want it removed permanently.

Honestly after journey I can agree on you there. Gravi needs to go. Like now. Actually last year - it is so tedious to deal with even when not in a dessie since you will always find some random rank 8 dessie spamming it on beacons making your life miserable.

Also as per tempest… if you fire all 4 tempests at a spatial locked moron spamming halo at you it is literally a death sentence… soooo maybe a little OP.