Cool idea :)

Someone finally printed some models:

00e7879621bc99b99afca8cd49f22ed5c23b54c0

Original thread: 

https://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/61890-model-iz-igry-sebe-na-polku/&

If they could make them bigger, texture them and put them on a stand like model airplanes I would 100 quadrillion percent buy some.

This is someone who had the money to buy the converter. The models are all in sh*t format and the only converters are either the devs’ proprietary one, or a huge 3d model converter found online that costs 50$…

Honestly if it was like 5-10$ I’d buy it and start printing ships myself but 50 is way out of my way for some models.

I’d 100% paint them the in-game textures and put engine lights in them. Or or or use thin green filament and paint a negative texture of charcoal black on the outside and put a light inside to make an alien ship.

You can convert models to a more usable format such as .obj for free, but requires some work and it’s not very reliable, and I haven’t found out how to export textures because they too are in a very weird format.

Just now, xXThunderFlameXx said:

You can convert models to a more usable format such as .obj for free, but requires some work and it’s not very reliable, and I haven’t found out how to export textures because they too are in a very weird format.

I don’t remember which format the textures are but I got the converted once (at least ~2y ago). So it shouldn’t be too hard. Also textures can always be easily dumped from memory.

5 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This is someone who had the money to buy the converter. The models are all in sh*t format and the only converters are either the devs’ proprietary one, or a huge 3d model converter found online that costs 50$…

Honestly if it was like 5-10$ I’d buy it and start printing ships myself but 50 is way out of my way for some models.

I’d 100% paint them the in-game textures and put engine lights in them. Or or or use thin green filament and paint a negative texture of charcoal black on the outside and put a light inside to make an alien ship.

game models can be converted to files for blender, and from there you can convert to something suitable to 3d printing.

Textures can be converted to something else too.

53 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

game models can be converted to files for blender, and from there you can convert to something suitable to 3d printing.

Textures can be converted to something else too.

Thx kosty

Is that a resin 3d print?

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Is that a resin 3d print?

Idk but it looks amazing

I went to a maker space a while ago to 3d print these but their printers were dead, I’ll go back eventually (these are of course in multiple pieces)

djzRaC2.jpg

singularity

a0wfL5K.png

vTrL6jG.png

Prometheus