Controls and auto-afterburner are regularly switching

Context :

• I have switched off the auto-afterburner option and clicked the “OK” button.
  • I have a qwerty keyboard (en), with azerty (fr) and russian keyboard installed as secondary keyboards.
  • I live in france and have my game in english (if that matters).

Problem :

• During a matchmaking or in open space, auto-afterburner option activate itself just like that, without warning, and I have to disable it again in the middle of a fight.
  • Idem, during a matchmaking or in open space, my keyboard automatically switch into french (azerty) mapping. Also I become unable to slow down my ship, it goes full speed forward (without afterburner) and my “S” key (to move backward) doesn’t slow it down.

Solution :

• Going into options and disabling auto-afterburner again.
  • Alt+Tab to go out of the game, Windows key + Space to switch keyboard back in qwerty, and then it’s okay.

That problem happen 1 to 2 times in a row around each 6-7 games/open space.

Also, I’ve been playing for many years with the game client from the website, but I recently uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it with steam, it seems that my problems started at the same period.

PS : My keyboard mapping never switch itself like that when out of the game.

chat.log

combat.log

game.log

game.net.log

DeviceCaps.log

DxDiag.txt.log

Go to game menu Key-binds controls then erase button that turns auto-afterburners on.

Auto afterburners waquote possibly one of the most useless features implemented in the game lol.

Most likely you are pushing the auto AB toggle key in flight.

23 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Auto afterburners waquote possibly one of the most useless features implemented in the game lol.

Most likely you are pushing the auto AB toggle key in flight.

Always complaining about something and never satisfied.

Auto-afterburners is useful for open space and energy independent builds.

3 minutes ago, Ch8rub1m said:

Always complaining about something and never satisfied.

Theres always something to complain about  and always progress to be made.

One of these things could be fixed but the devs refuse.

Auto-afterburners is useful for open space

Two years ago?

and energy independent builds.

It makes movement choppy and makes modules less reliable due to energy consumption but go off.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Theres always something to complain about  and always progress to be made.

One of these things could be fixed but the devs refuse.

Two years ago?

It makes movement choppy and makes modules less reliable due to energy consumption but go off.

At the risk of being existential, if there will always be something to complain about, why complain?

In other words, if you can do something about an issue, don’t complain and get to work. If you can’t do something about an issue, don’t complain because you are wasting your time. Just don’t complain.