Boremys Real Talk

Great guard, I totally love it. However, there are some issues that need to be fixed with it.

• Aim-Cannon
    • Adaptive projectile speed??
      • Its actually a little low, maybe buff by 15% untill the first hit? I tried hitting a few fast guys in a low ping server and was unable a few times, after that maybe lower it by 20% but I like the concept.
    • Damage buff
      • Oh boy is it bad, maybe a buff to damage too? Even at the aimbot state, its quite bad.
  • Wave Spec Module
    • Costs 120 parts( ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) ) 
      • Remove/reduce cant fire for 7 seconds part of it.
        • You are a sitting duck with it.
    • Buff damage from the sphere to around 20,000/sec
      • Keep in mind it moves at 1500ms
        • The damage is quite bad.
    • Reduce speed boost but also let us fire? IDK I’m cross on this.
  • Magnetic Charge
    • Reduce pull speed, oh boy is it high, not crash high, YET. 
  • Cooler
    • Seems alright, 20% bonus cooldowns but 15% lower speeds per module use for 15 sec?

The only real talk that needs to be had till the masses get Boremys is the Spec module grind. The devs are putting all this effort to make these cool modules but only a hand full of people will ever commit to the grind to actually get them.

Why not just make them come with the ship?

I’m got a even gonna try to get it because of the spec mod grind

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

120 parts, grinding for 3-4 months, or fork over around 5000-15000 GS. You decide!

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I understand that, but in my option it’s worth it, the module is amazing.

The ship is amazing, without the special it’s still a GREAT guard, better than the patriarch if setup right.

I got lucky and got both.

Special Module was 5K GS for me.

FFS how do you already have it

27 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

FFS how do you already have it

money.

44 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

money.

Lots of money! You could buy a fully priced triple-A title for that kind of money.

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

money.

:confused: the module cost me 5,000 GS

ship wasnt much either, in total I spent 20k

I had 100 parts from missions.

thats me though

So? Anyone already found out how to effectively play this bad boy? I am generally not the Guard player, but this one just looks too cool, to not use.

4 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

So? Anyone already found out how to effectively play this bad boy? I am generally not the Guard player, but this one just looks too cool, to not use.

You came to the right place.

First up is build

• This ship has a balanced shield/hull with one Mk4 splitter and some crew
    • 27,000 both at all times
      • With the lack of the normal guard bonus ‘10/20’ pts to all types it has -25 EM at base, and 1 EM diffuse gets to 30s, thermal is fine, kinetic is always buffed.
  • I went for a speedish build, so 300ms afterburners with phase is not bad, rotation build  because its Archelon 2.0.

Module wise

• Magnetic Charge
    • Must have…
      • Lock on the target(must be lockon) and fire this in a 200m zone near them and it yanks them back through space 2750m(max) back. I time with torpedos for a great kill.
    • Anything else is personal preference, guards have 200/s passive hull boost after being static, but regen coating is okay ish now so you could use that.

Gun Wise

• The cannon is okay… if you can get that first shot it behaves like Dag’nith launcher, dont aim too far off the reticle and it wont miss. 
    • Damage can be buffed to 2100/shot at 3k range if you want curved, but you sack some crew and cpu for that.
      • Spread is constant 0.3, dont try to change it.

Special Module

• Upon taking 2000 damage, you fire a shockwave(sphere really) at the crosshair, moving 1500ms you’d average about 3000 damage before it moves past, if you time right with Mag Charge you can get some deadly combos, because while they are being shoved back you can tank, crosshair, and fire these badboys at the charge, since the charge holds them there for ~5 seconds after its moved and fired so total 10, it makes for a good combo. 
  • THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ENERGY CONVERTER
    • 2000 DAMAGE>SPHERE
      • INFINITE AMMOUNT OF SPHERES IN THE ACTIVE TIME
        • I am for a sphere buff to 20,000dps simply because they move too fast and cant be blocked by structures, either that or nerf sphere speed to 750ms instead of 1500ms

So yea there ya gue

I asked some experts…

The answer that I was given is that the ship is SH*T, and that was from professional players.

Sure, it may look stylish or even useful in PvE, but in reality, it’s much worse than Archelon is.

I’ll only get it to keep it, 100% free of charge, of course.

27 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I asked some experts…

The answer that I was given is that the ship is SH*T, and that was from professional players.

Sure, it may look stylish or even useful in PvE, but in reality, it’s much worse than Archelon is.

Sad… but that won’t stop me from playing it, because playing only the most disghusting meta builds in casual matches is for tryhards and Aces…

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

I asked some experts…

Same professional players were saying that tharga is balanced in its original state.

Ships power is a relative term.

I agree with Kosty here, they say that because they can’t overpower an entire team on their own, which also mean that the ship is balanced.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

I asked some experts…

Says who? 

Archelon is only good because of

• Rank Bonuses
    • Energy Converter self fire exploit
      • Radiation Converter makes torping yourself easy.

Take away first 2 and its nearly useless. 

I unlocked the boremys through the event, but due to my ship’s dependence, my CEO wanted to compare the same ship himself, my survivability
95030 with crew 145-156k .   my ceo’s survivability   79925 with crew 110k-*  is there a reason why I get a buf or is something wrong? note: the energy converter makes no difference and crew setup are exact the same *

Naamloos.png.9ccb765786fa73b53d64bbe09fb87f4f.png Naamloos1.png.334b17ce9569e388f78a695c1977f98e.png

1 hour ago, eldermagnus said:

I unlocked the boremys through the event, but due to my ship’s dependence, my CEO wanted to compare the same ship himself, my survivability
95030 with crew 145-156k .   my ceo’s survivability   79925 with crew 110k-*  is there a reason why I get a buf or is something wrong? note: the energy converter makes no difference and crew setup are exact the same *

Naamloos.png.9ccb765786fa73b53d64bbe09fb87f4f.pngNaamloos1.png.334b17ce9569e388f78a695c1977f98e.png

Different implants?

every thing exactly the same we used discord to compare *

1 hour ago, eldermagnus said:

every thing exactly the same we used discord to compare *

Can you make another screenshots with ctrl pressed to show changes from the base values, please?