Black squares propeling out of engines

The ship starts to expel black squares from the engines, is rare because is not a general map render issue, all other items are fine is only the engines from this ship and others in the game (but not all the other ships, the black square are only expeled from some ships).

It only happens when I’m using the Iron Harpy, happens every time. The time was 21:21 (GMT -5), 28th april.

I attach an screenshot. Bye.

20200428212123_1.jpg.e4da7abc2be1763d8a493e0f9d75ae3d.jpg

What version of Linux do you use?

Caused by the usage of [Reverse Thruster]/[‘Master Sinobi’ auto-jump]. The bug exists since at least 1y. Related probably to 0109220

https://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/63253-v-stime-problemy-s-otobrazheniem-pilgrim-i-taikin/

Why does the Linux bug report section even still exists? I haven’t seen any bugs reported here getting fixed?

I see, so… where in the forum should I take this one?

9 hours ago, nomadmz said:

I see, so… where in the forum should I take this one?

No, it is the correct sections. I’m just wondering why they claim that Linux is supported. Bugs need 2y+ to get fixed, if they get fixed at all.

I would recommend to just enable Proton in Steam for Star Conflict so you don’t get these visual bugs.

TY, I’ll give it a try. Bye!

Update: It worked, I’ve enabled Proton 5.0 and it got fixed. Thanks

This bug still exists in the Linux version as showed here.

Bug still exists. I have lastest Linux kernel, Proton, mesa. Appears after using Warp Vortex on Tai-Kin and doesn’t disappear. Makes using craft virtually impossible unless you never use Warp Vortex. Perhaps allowing players to turn off whatever graphical thing is causing this would be a possible solution. I have tried altering all in-game graphical settings.

Screenshot_20201024_112620.png.54420c825210774ee99f2d5520f29d72.jpg

Logs needed 

Please read this 

Asking for logs for a consistently reproducible problem is a little suspect, but here goes…

Steps to reproduce:

• Select Ships tab, Federation ships
  • Select Manufacture on Invincible destroyer
  • Chaos ensues in hangar

Frequency: Bug presents every time above steps are followed.

Logs and screenshots attached.

Running Gentoo Linux.

• Mesa v20.1.10
  • Kernel 5.9.12
  • AMD RX 5700 XT (in-kernel drivers)

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide. The bug greatly affect playability and I’d hate to see that alienate users.

[black_squares.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20369)

On 12/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, s3202_b said:

Asking for logs for a consistently reproducible problem is a little suspect, but here goes.

Accepted as SC-114472

I have the same on different versions of Linux Mint 64 bit with the various nVidia binary drivers provided by this Linux distribution.

Linux kernel 4.15.0-126

Drivers used: nvidia-driver-455, 450, 390.

Graphic card: GTX 1060 6GB.

I think this got broken when the game started using Vulkan API. ~3-4 years ago there was no such a problem.

The firs time I noticed it when I purchased the Black Ghost DLC, but it’s visible with Tai’Kin, Executor and some other ships.

4 hours ago, borizmx said:

I have the same on different versions of Linux Mint 64 bit with the various nVidia binary drivers provided by this Linux distribution.

Linux kernel 4.15.0-126

Drivers used: nvidia-driver-455, 450, 390.

Graphic card: GTX 1060 6GB.

I think this got broken when the game started using Vulkan API. ~3-4 years ago there was no such a problem.

The firs time I noticed it when I purchased the Black Ghost DLC, but it’s visible with Tai’Kin, Executor and some other ships.

No, the game did never, doesn’t and probably will never use Vulkan.

I installed wine-staging (testing version of wine) and no black squares. I’ve not tried with regular wine, that may also work. This should not be considered to be an ideal solution as my fps has taken a hit.

Here’s the Arch installation guide for wine: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wine

For those with clearance level 15 or above: if you’re moving from Steam to wine, you’ll have to copy over the ship presets file (replace [custard] with whatever system username you use):

Steam location: /home/ custard /.local/share/starconflict/ship_presets

Wine location: /home/ custard /.wine/drive_c/users/ custard /My Documents/My Games/StarConflict/ship_presets

Will this bug with missing textures in Linux ever be fixed?

I have the exact same problem with an AMD card, the issue isn’t just specific to Nvidia cards.