Asynchronous Shield Projector

I suggest changing the way the asynchronous shield works, as the 32% increase in shield regeneration is mostly useless.

I suggest giving the module two modes of operation:

It should increase the shield regeneration by 40% if no damage is received.

It should increase shield resists by 25pts if the user is taking damage.

Taking damage will deactivate the regeneration and activate the resistances and vice versa.

Only one module can be equipped.

+1,000,000  its time to revamp the worthless modifiers to something that everybody will use to some advantage … whats the point of having an extra 120 regeneration if the enemy in PVE is smacking you with 40,000 DPS fix this broken game and let us freaking tank for once!!!  FYI the damage resistance  you need  in a rank 15 PVE map to actually survive for more than 5 seconds is 300+ tested with a Ronin tank this is with the pulsar giving an added 40 per enemy and the signature masking giving another additional 15%(above 50% is = to 200 resistance)… so to tank the 10 kamikaze’s in defense contract in a Ronin with 31,350 shields and not loose shields you need 900 thermal resistance + signature masking activated removing 60% in addition to the 900 you already have and you need to activate the Emergency Shield Boost to not loose shields … so whats wrong with this picture ??? damage resistance not working ??? or is it the 600,000 DPS these 10 kamikaze’s do together ???  either way its absolute bullsht… And don’t get me started on Ariadne’s thread as there’s already a post about the damage output of the rank 15 map.

I would be for this, it would allow for regeneration on the side and a good defense when the battle comes. 

I would add that the shield resists should be active for 3.5 seconds after taking damage.

Combat shield regenerators give 300/s per enemy (up to 4-5).

Asynchronous shield projector gives 30/s at maximum.

And testing Combat shield regenerators, even they are only really good when you can evade some fire.

9 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

so to tank the 10 kamikaze’s in defense contract…

… equip coil mortar. Solved. If they are dead (3-4 coil mortar rounds per 10 kamikazes) they do 0 DPS.

Also

9 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

if the enemy in PVE is smacking you with 40,000 DPS fix this broken game

hmm…

1 hour ago, Original_Taz said:

here is a PVE Ronin that can solo almost every map in PVE even Ariadne’s Thread if the beacons are caped. With all resistances activated it has over 900 thermal or kinetic resistance  and with a destroyer debuffing it does 30,000 DPS at 1.59 shots per second to large targets  and 40,000 DPS solo to a destroyer at 1,000 meters. In PVP you have an eng so the shield can change to another module [‘Spectre’ Field 15] or [Mass Propulsion Inhibitor 15] or [Missile Shield 15] … hope this helps

So - enemy is doing 40k DPS and your single ship is outputting 30k-40k DPS. Doesn’t look like “broken game” to me, sorry. 

ok, let’s get back to topic:

15 hours ago, Scar6 said:

I suggest changing the way the asynchronous shield works, as the 32% increase in shield regeneration is mostly useless.

Taking damage will deactivate the regeneration and activate the resistances and vice versa.

that actually doesn’t make much sense to me - the whole purpose of this module is to reduce effective DPS coming to the ship. If I understand correctly you are proposing to increase shield regen from 32% base points to 40% and only if the ship doesn’t take damage. If the ship is taking damage, it adds 0% to the base shield regen, but gives additional 25pts of resits, do I read this right?

I would change only one thing there - leave the regen under fire at the lower rate (32%), but add few resist points (sorry I don’t want to calculate now how much, but 25 would mean over 65 extra resist (for 3 modules) to all kind of damage. A little too much I think.

56 minutes ago, niripas said:

… equip coil mortar. Solved. If they are dead (3-4 coil mortar rounds per 10 kamikazes) they do 0 DPS.

Also

hmm…

So - enemy is doing 40k DPS and your single ship is outputting 30k-40k DPS. Doesn’t look like “broken game” to me, sorry. 

ok, let’s get back to topic:

that actually doesn’t make much sense to me - the whole purpose of this module is to reduce effective DPS coming to the ship. If I understand correctly you are proposing to increase shield regen from 32% base points to 40% and only if the ship doesn’t take damage. If the ship is taking damage, it adds 0% to the base shield regen, but gives additional 25pts of resits, do I read this right?

I would change only one thing there - leave the regen under fire at the lower rate (32%), but add few resist points (sorry I don’t want to calculate now how much, but 25 would mean over 65 extra resist (for 3 modules) to all kind of damage. A little too much I think.

That approach should be fine, too.

I think 25 resists should be sufficient, considering that a single crystal hull can yield up to 64 resists. Galvanazed armor increases resists by 39pts, too.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:29 PM, niripas said:

you have to remember this is a maximum of 4 of your team dealing 30k-40k and (if your team sucks and doesn’t know how to play ari’s, or they’re greedy efficiency farmers who would rather get 1st place so they can get laid by their nonexistent girlfriend than win the battle) 30+ enemies all dealing 30k-40k dps

On 11/16/2017 at 9:34 AM, Scar6 said:

I agree with this. Some current standard variations of the modules are now almost obsolete when compared to Ellydium counterparts.