As an owner of destroyer, please do something about gravitional lens.

Look at the spoilers first…

Spoiler

1335585329_.jpg.7f45881f2aa586e9f9098c97ada96ffb.jpg

If you ask me I am skilled player, no,never.

What I did is just press F button, and some engine related buttons ( move up, move down,…etc) , and lastly, 1-4 buttons.

Tactic? Simple. I just looked at the beacon, if enemies > allies, activate gravitional lens and use skill buttons to keep them from capturing beacon.

Else, just don’t use any skill and move to next beacon. (Or activate 1 or 2 skills to finish one enemy)

There was no ecm in this game, so nobody could hack my gravitional lens, and see what happened.

Boom!

‘No body can stop me’ game.

The only problem I see is gravitional lens.

Pulling everyone, damaging enemies, stop enemies’ capturing procedure, by just one click.

Some may say, “Ok, guard’s pulsar also stops enemies from capturing, by just one click, so we should nerf it, right?”

My reply: The case you mentioned is different from gravitional lens. to stop enemies from capturing by using pulsar, guard has to risk its own life, since guard’s pulsar range is quite short, and there are many counter measures.

On the other hand, gravitional lens can be activated from long range, and there are just few counter measures, hack it by ECM or kill destroyer before using it.

So, I strongly say to do something about gravitional lens…

I don’t want my lovely destroyer to be ‘Something that no one want to play.’, but I also don’t want other players to leave this game, because of my destroyer.

people regardless still use the gravitational lens if there is a group of enemies, whats annoying is that especially on pve your death can be caused by some idiot in a destroyer chucking a gravi lense near the team 

Gravi lens just needs to go imho. It was a cool idea in theory, but in practice it’s just annoying for everyone.

I’d increase its effect, reduce cooldown just a bit and cut its active duration in half. I’d also remove the friendly fire pull.

Done. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

9 hours ago, Daleksector1434 said:

people regardless still use the gravitational lens if there is a group of enemies, whats annoying is that especially on pve your death can be caused by some idiot in a destroyer chucking a gravi lense near the team 

True. That’s what I felt when I was in other ship.

8 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Gravi lens just needs to go imho. It was a cool idea in theory, but in practice it’s just annoying for everyone.

Yeah, but just deleting it does not confirm the balance, since Destroyer has almost no ways to counter other destroyers or LRFs.

4 hours ago, Scar6 said:

I’d increase its effect, reduce cooldown just a bit and cut its active duration in half. I’d also remove the friendly fire pull.

Done. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I think it will work, but cut active duration in half…

I will just choose other modules then.

My suggestion: Gravitional lens have limitation, only affect to frigate and destroyer.

Gravi lens is one of those modules that are in a bit of an awkward spot when it comes to balance. Buff the pull and chances are the module will cause more deaths of allies. Buff the range and then you get destroyers denying beacons from 1 point on the map like Vigilant release. Nerf the pull and then the damage will be useless because people will just fly out of it. Nerf the range and then you’ll have a solid chance of being pulled into your own well.

On my personal opinion ( emphasis on opinion ) I wouldn’t be too upset with it being outright removed since what times it is used it gets used far too much like destroyers spamming gravi on beacons the moment they spawn constantly until a covie gets pissed enough to go off him.

Just my 2 cents since I also refuse to use the module 90% of the time because of how dirty it is.

7 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

it gets used far too much like destroyers spamming gravi on beacons the moment they spawn constantly until a covie gets pissed enough to go off him.

I lol’d. That covie is me.

OP, you got lucky that time. Why? Because you played against rookies. Some may be experienced players by themselves, but if they have no team-play they are still rookies. So you got lucky. This has nothing to do with gravi lens changes.

Remove bots and destroyers from PVP

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, BruTosGali said:

Remove bots and destroyers from PVP

We currently do not have the numbers hence bots at times are a must, as for the destroyers lol, why would they be removed since their constant nerfs rendered them to an easy kill. Apart from the horrible state they are atm, 1 “advantage” that they had was the range, just to keep them “safe” from ANY ship that would attack them. Now and with only 1 horizon that option is gone. I wonder WHY the destroyer bundles are advertised when we know they are useless. It takes a skilled player to use a destroyer effectively and atm there aren’t that many. No one that knows how the game works will invest in a destroyer, just casuals or new players will fall for a destroyer.

Gravity Lens, despite the fact that I find its effect annoying, I see that wisely used can help the team especially when talking beacons.

To OP: many players left the game due to the current ineffectiveness of the destroyers. As for the number of kills you had in that round [assuming it is you] would hardly say are  not a lot and that’s coming from me that am not a skilled player. Seems the opposite team never thought to take your destroyer out

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, DaCookiez said:

OP, you got lucky that time. Why? Because you played against rookies. Some may be experienced players by themselves, but if they have no team-play they are still rookies. So you got lucky. This has nothing to do with gravi lens changes.

Really now…how about you check the players of the enemy team, I wouldn’t call Eugeneius a rookie nor some others !

23 hours ago, ComWittman said:

We currently do not have the numbers hence bots at times are a must, as for the destroyers lol, why would they be removed since their constant nerfs rendered them to an easy kill. Apart from the horrible state they are atm, 1 “advantage” that they had was the range, just to keep them “safe” from ANY ship that would attack them. Now and with only 1 horizon that option is gone. I wonder WHY the destroyer bundles are advertised when we know they are useless. It takes a skilled player to use a destroyer effectively and atm there aren’t that many. No one that knows how the game works will invest in a destroyer, just casuals or new players will fall for a destroyer.

So… if the destroyers would be able to fit two horizons like before the patch - would that change things?