Ariadne'sThread Costs $2000 to Actually have fun??????

The most pleasurable Ariadne’s Thread match I ever played was one random match that had 3 Tyrants and a Vigilant … We literally cruised slowly through the map vaporizing EVERYTHING in our path . What a pleasure it was to see the 100,000 HP frigates with 100,000 DPS melt before our onslaught of rank 14 furry . So… lets see what it takes to have that experience today .

Tyrant http://sc.italy.forumfree.it/?pag=sccalculator

don’t want to copy paste everything

40 material boxes     = 200 of some 400 of other materials for 20,000,000 credits

457 mono crystals    = 20 monocrystals for 1575 GS … 23 sets of 5 packs 36225 GS

720 electrum            = 37 electrum for 1350 GS … 20 sets of 5 packs 2700 GS

75,000,000 credits    = 5,000,000 for 10,000 GS

For a grand total of $500 per ship if you buy it today so 4 of these bad boys will cost the team a whopping $2000 … I now understand why Star Conflict created this match and also why they won’t nerf the damage or AI  HP … And yes you can do it solo with a rank 15 covert ops … but who wants to take 25+ minutes to get it done cloaking , dodging , running … ![:004_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004_2.png “:004_2:”)  

and before you say " that can’t be "  I blew 8000 GS getting the last of my electrum and monocrystals … This is what you WILL get spamming the buy button … and before you say FOOL!!!  … let me say this  … I just don’t give a sh*t anymore  the game is pretty much over now .

4 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

… I just don’t give a sh*t anymore  the game is pretty much over now .

And you will still be here and get all the things that are coming this month and rage about them on the forum… 

1 minute ago, SINaka said:

And you will still be here and get all the things that are coming this month and rage about them on the forum… 

Your right but NOBODY can EVER accuse me of actually spending money on this game … Its a time killer in the morning for me 

6 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

— I dare you.

![:fed_lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed_lol.png “:fed_lol:”) ![:fed_lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed_lol.png “:fed_lol:”) ![:fed_lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed_lol.png “:fed_lol:”)

I would not include the GS to credits course directly…

After all, I think the GS to credit ratio has not been changed forever, and is very unfavorable

well, lets face it, it’s the money sink for impatient people who spend their GS without thought

And it is also a bit of a defense for those who play

Of course, the only way to stay reliably positive in credit income is with a license…

That monocrystal cost tho…

A frigate squad can do the job just fine. Destros help a lot for sure but not needed at all… if the team members know what they are doing. + Just use a premium frigate and no repair cost… 2000 and a few GS when bought at the right time.

hello Taz, ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I was in that team you were referring to and I can tell you that my tyrant cost me 0$ and it was probably the same for my teammate, I know that farming a R14 dessy can take a while but it’s mostly a matter a patience. I’ve built the Sirius and the Vigilant in a single month with only 10$ so don’t refer to statistic too much it means nothing.

Yea  a squad of Thar’Ga’s  or a squad of Covert Ops or a squad of (Covert Ops , Guard , Command , Engineer) could also do it if anybody knew what they were doing  and brought 10 dupe’s . The point is that all the posts about the HP of the frigates and the Damage of the frigates and the spawn time of the frigates and the amount of frigates that spawn is a waste of time … there is one reason and one reason only for the creation on this map … TO DEPLETE YOUR RESOURCES !!!  It serves no other purpose … Sure you can do it on a weekend and buy a license and buy a credit bonus and take a premium ship and do 100% of the objectives for the bonus … but to do that you need a team  for 3 hours or more  and with objectives the thing takes 15-20 minutes so you get 6-7 in that 3 hours  … you will get close to 3,000,000 credits for each run more or less … So a pro team in all premium ships that payed for max bonuses on a bonus weekend can make 7,000,000 per hour … spending GS to do it

3 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

hello Taz, ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I was in that team you were referring to and I can tell you that my tyrant cost me 0$ and it was probably the same for my teammate, I know that farming a R14 dessy can take a while but it’s mostly a matter a patience. I’ve built the Sirius and the Vigilant in a single month with only 10$ so don’t refer to statistic too much it means nothing.

I farmed mine too …  and i sent all 3 dessies a friend request so we can do it again I never spend real money on these money grab games .

5 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

I farmed mine too …  and i sent all 3 dessies a friend request so we can do it again I never spend real money on these money grab games .

You have failed… time is money.  ![:fed004:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed004.png “:fed004:”)

It’s just a matter of tactic, try Thar’Ga with condensing crystals, let enemies focus on you and your team easily do all work.

5 hours ago, SINaka said:

You have failed… time is money.  ![:fed004:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed004.png “:fed004:”)

You can get your money back, but you can’t get back your time!

[Koromac] - The Wise   ![:secret:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/secret.gif “:secret:”)

10 hours ago, Koromac said:

You can get your money back, …

Could you ever?  ![:laugh:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png “:laugh:”)

This mission is a PoS and i refuse to run it when it pops up in pve-random…  too much time for no rewards.

I’d rather farm Defense for 1mill /5 min then this crappy map.

1 hour ago, Progenitor2 said:

This mission is a PoS and i refuse to run it when it pops up in pve-random…  too much time for no rewards.

I’d rather farm Defense for 1mill /5 min then this crappy map.

You can always select which map do you want to run. Also refusing to play is violation of rule of conduct point 7.1 and partially 7.4. So to be on the safe side - don’t run random queue or have ships prepared for different maps. 

(PS. More and more of people can actually solo this map, you can even speedrun it with a proper team - someone put a video of one solution to this map, but it can be played differently. My personal record is 5:38 for 2.4 millions ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )

That’s true, you only need a good team.

The mission is broken, simple as that.

The damagescaling is way too high so if you get the bonus to protect the destroyer at R15, you will fail.

And when you have to literally hide from the AI or resort to sniping them and keeping distance,

that takes away 90% of the ships that could be viable for this mission.

Basically what all guides says is -  spend RL money and buy the Mauler, or get a cheaper but not as effective ship, the Tormentor-AE.

Also, when the AI can kill a R11 destroyer almost instantly, as seen in this video, you have gamebalance issues

and there’s is no point even building one.  Like i’ve stated in other threads, the reason “most” people would

build a destroyer is because they want a better ship to make pve easier… not harder, and definatly not to enjoy the 300% dmgboost against them.

12 minutes ago, Progenitor2 said:

Also, when the AI can kill a R11 destroyer almost instantly, as seen in this video, you have gamebalance issues

Nope. It merely says “destroyer without covering team is not optimal ship for this mission”. The funniest thing is that the topic says that R14 destroyer is optimal ship for this mission. 

17 minutes ago, Progenitor2 said:

And when you have to literally hide from the AI or resort to sniping them and keeping distance,

that takes away 90% of the ships that could be viable for this mission

Basically what all guides says is -  spend RL money and buy the Mauler, or get a cheaper but not as effective ship, the Tormentor-AE.

technically it’s 1 of 1 so yeah - “all”. But it was showing just one approach to this game. Tharga, Taikin, Inquisitor-S, covert-opses and more can be used in this mission. It’s a matter of team setup.

And - TBH - Atlas is much much better than Mauler for solo run. My 5k HP interceptor can take the whole trio of those killer guards. And I am really crappy intie pilot due to my disabilities. 

And if you still think that this mission is broken then why there are speedrunning groups? That would be impossible, right? However if you just want to press “Launch PvE” and have a game without care about ships/team setup then why are you expecting consistent results? You basically just pressed the “lottery” button and you can easily end up in Fire Support with 2 ECMs and a Tackler in your team. 

People are saying it everywhere “HARD mode missions are designed to be played by coordinated team, especially Ariadne’s thread” over and over again. Why would you not listen to that and try to compose a team and farm this map easily? Heck it takes a few tries to figure out ships/setups etc, but then it’s a breeze. I saw how are you playing, you are pretty smart, you can figure that out.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, niripas said:

You can always select which map do you want to run. Also refusing to play is violation of rule of conduct point 7.1 and partially 7.4. So to be on the safe side - don’t run random queue or have ships prepared for different maps. 

(PS. More and more of people can actually solo this map, you can even speedrun it with a proper team - someone put a video of one solution to this map, but it can be played differently. My personal record is 5:38 for 2.4 millions ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )

Waw, 5 minutes and 2,4 mils sounds very nice. Level 14 dessie or what did you use? You killed everything, right?