Anomaly Generator is Outdated

• Let’s Start with a Bit of History :

Anomaly Generator was changed 3 Times in 6 Years as far as I remember:

1. Thermal Damage -> EM Damage
  2. 3 Charges in Cartridge → 5 Charges in Cartridge
  3. Impacted by Implant “Alpha Inhibitor Sting”

• To explain how far just by that how the Anomaly Generator is outdated, you just need to look at the aforementioned implant:

The implant isn’t even showing its impact on the Anomaly Generator and even when you know what it’s doing, the effect seems absolutely ridicule when compared to a +75% Range or a +10% Damage.

The Alpha Inhibitor Sting is reducing the “Highlighting” of the area by 0.2 seconds. To put that in number, you go from 1.5 seconds needed to highlight an area to 1.2 seconds

• Secondly, it is needed to look at the Explosion Radius for this Missile slotted Thing. The Actual Value is 280m Radius Without any way to increase it.

To give you any idea compared to others Missile Slots available for Frigates

• Cruise Missile : Explosion Radius = 200m / 11550m Flight Range / Intelligent Flight (Prevent the missile from flying into a Wall)
  • Torpedo : Explosion Radius = 400m / 7920m / 2 seconds Trigger that can be bypassed by Direct Hit on a Target or Solid Element
  • Minelayer : Trigger Explosion Radius = 455m / Explosion Radius = 100m
  • Octopus : Explosion Radius = 100m / Flight Range = 3451m / Fire a volley of 5 UltraFast Guided Missiles
  • Doomsday : Explosion Radius = 100m / Flight Range = 5280m / Craftable Heavy Missile that deals way too much Damage

All the previously mentioned Missiles can be used while moving and do not require you to Stand Still for 1.5 Seconds in one direction.

More than that, even if you miss your target, missiles still detonate and deal their respective damages, it’s not the situation for the Anomaly Generator if the target move outside of the Highlight, the Anomaly Generator is just consumed and won’t cause any damage or explosion even at Max Range

• Risk vs Reward is obviously Bad due to the 1.5 seconds needed to Highlight the Target that can lead to No Damage at all dealt due to the Mechanic of this Missile Slot.

It is needed to indicate that “Starting to Highlight” an area will automatically STOP YOUR SHIP and that everything making your ship move will cause the cancelling of the Anomaly Generator.

The Damages while being the highest on the paper for a Click for a Missile Slots (17500) are only half the Value of a fully detonated Minelayer (35000). Secondly, the Damage Value is extremely closely followed by the Torpedo which is way more easy to use and has a better detonation radius and a better range.

I will use this part as a rant against the Minelayer’s description :

Only enemy Ships receive damage, but no more than 8 Times

SINCE MINELAYER EXPLOSION DEALS SELFDAMAGE ! THIS IS FAKE NEWS !

• Back on the Subject, Anomaly Generator Place in the Metagame :

Since Speed and Mobility became the Way to Fly, how a 1.5 seconds triggering “Point and Expect a Boom cause god know how you are going to hit that Tai’kin / Wolfhound / Ze’Ta Jumping/Flying/Teleporting while you are immobilized” is supposed to be effective in this game.

Still comparing it to other missiles, the Anomly Generator is acting like a GIANT MESSAGE “I AM HERE” and does not have any discretion like a Torpedo or the stressing Factor of the “BIPBIP” from the missile Indicator.

Also, just to finish my Post.

The Anomaly Generator is called “DeathRay” but it’s no near from a Ray and nothing will be near Death cause of it.

TLDR, Anomaly Generator too OLD AND BAD / Rework and Buff Please

Yes please.

I used to like it just because it looks cool, but it’s really not useful in any way unless you’re wanting to almost take down the shields on a distant destroyer (via firing the whole clip at them)

And even then, it would only work on Empire, and maybe Jericho Destroyers, no way you are going to hit a Fed destroyer or a Ze’Ta while they are moving, it’s useful in PvE, but not so much in PvP.

Needs more damage, higher explosion radius, and to not stop the user when firing.

Also needs to not use a charge if the Anomaly is not formed. (gotta hold the trigger to detonate)

No.

It’s needing to be reworked. It’s pointless to use cause other tools can already do it better. Changing the stats won’t have any effect on Long Terms or Gameplay effects.

It was correct in the past cause the dynamics and mechanics in the game were working differently.

To be relevant again, the “Anomaly Generator” needs to evolve as the game evolve as every things in the game.

Their are plenty of stuff that need to evolve because the Devs didn’t give them enough attention or didn’t got enough feedback while the game was evolving to keep them up to date.

Yeah like I said it needs to not stop the user and get a few balancing tweaks. Maybe create a temporary slowing field while charging.

Yep, it needs a serious buff. Almost no one uses it. Its pretty much only good to clear drone on beacone cap. Been that way for a while. I haven’t seen anyone use it in months. 

Maybe the devs will break it and make it super op for a while. Then nerf it to the point of useless once people post here complaining how op is it like a lot of things. 

![:015j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015j.png “:015j:”)

3 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

Maybe the devs will break it and make it super op for a while more linked to be useful for the Gameplay intended for Guards.

Fixed it for general reason.

The idea is not to make something broken, it’s to make it become something relevant of the Intended Guard’s Game play because nowadays it’s going in all directions but without a clear purpose.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, Rakza said:

Fixed it for general reason.

The idea is not to make something broken, it’s to make it become something relevant of the Intended Guard’s Game play because nowadays it’s going in all directions but without a clear purpose.

I cant make sense of your comment. Care to go on and clarify?

3 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

I cant make sense of your comment. Care to go on and clarify?

Devs are pretty much going nowhere with the way they are changing Guards.

Changing the Anomaly Generator to something completely OP wouldn’t help. Changing it to something linked to the Dev’s Plans for Guards is better

796.jpg

Still agree with this.