Alternative Game Plan 2

In response to the Alternative Development Plan by SINaka

Spoiler

Corporate Trading: I suggest if we use this, we should have a system with new Dreadnought components designed by specific factions, where only a corporation that has a Dreadnought of that faction can manufacture them, then trade them to other corporations to be fitted to their Dreadnoughts. With this, we can avoid “limited edition” equipment that are only offered once and end up costing 20,000 gs worth of Iridium.

Reward Offering by Corps: I don’t understand this, is this suggesting a system where we can hire people to fight in SecCon for us? Why not just use the old system where people could team up from different corporations in the same squad, then if they won they would all get SecCon victory rewards (the 10-20k vouchers)? I have no clue why they removed this, they didn’t even mention it in the patch notes as far as I’m aware of, but now if you’re not in the same corporation you can no longer queue for seccon in a group.

Cruisers: A lot of potentially detrimental implications here, we must tread carefully.

Real time sector battles in Open Space: I suggest a system with new sectors, special pockets of universe that open at randomized intervals (staying open for an hour at a time) called Unclaimed Sectors (given a name to identify them such as sectors within Ontregos, Menar, Felony, and Pride are given the title Empire Sectors), they would have a small station in them with a place to dock the cruiser, places to build hard points (like in Crimson Haze), asteroid belts with loot-able minerals, a space anomaly, or some mix of them. Corporations could send members out in Open Space to go to the sectors. We would need a new active module (Jump Beacon) or some such to work with my idea though. Players would have to capture a Navigational Station, then lock onto the Navigational Station and use the [Jump Beacon] module on it, then the Cruiser would arrive, or other corporation members in Open Space with a [Micro-Jumpdrive] active module (would be dark until a beacon is active, once active it would lighten and be usable) could summon a jump gate (portal) that all corporation members in the sector could use (closes if the Host goes through or beacon is deactivated).

#1 Cruiser patrol: I proposed the system above for several reasons, one of which I will briefly describe here. Most sectors are too crowded with objects, and host too little space for this to be feasible. Thus, we would use new sectors (named with random numbers and letters) that would be designed to hold two cruisers. The asteroid belts would be placed either outside, inside, or both outside and inside the cruiser’s orbit (around the center of the sector) radius. The station would be either outside or inside the cruiser’s orbit radius (making interesting tactics possible and the cruiser becoming more vulnerable when on the opposite side of the sector from the station if the station is outside the orbit radius), hardpoints would also be located outside, inside, or both outside and inside, and likewise with anomalies. Once a cruiser is called to a sector, it stays stationary until a player (officer or above) docks to it and gives it commands, from there the player will be able to select a flight path preset around the sector, such as a circular orbit, an elliptical orbit, or stationary. Players could dock as it moves, but having players docked would increase fuel consumption (would consume 1 iridium per day of movement, 10 iridium per jump).

#2 Cruiser vs. Cruiser: Second reason I proposed the system above is because this would become rather chaotic. Imagine you’re just flying through space to your daily mission, and someone declares war on you, then they move their cruiser to the sector your mission is in, and there is nothing you can do because you’re flying say, a rank 4 or something. Not every corporation will tell their members about what is going on in game politics, I see this easily driving away players who are new to Open Space. Third, the Cruiser vs. Cruiser battle type you have suggested wouldn’t really work too well now, it would work a lot better in 1.2 when we had a lot more players, also seems like it would be a waste of time, seeing as I haven’t found any (may have skipped over it on accident) rewards or sector taxes. Without having any benefit from this system, nobody would use it, if nobody would use it, why would it ever be implemented?

#3 Intruder patrol: This sounds like it would waste all of the dupes.

#4 Ally patrol: Allies should be able to claim one sector tax token on other people’s sectors that they defend.

#5 Alien patrol: Defilers only come into sectors to destroy them, this would be blurring their power and authority, they would become instead of a powerful boss enemy into just another enemy cruiser but with green instead.

Introduction of an in-game alliance system: Not a whole lot of players left, but I can see this still being useful. There used to be a few major alliances (the alliance I was in had close to 20 corps if not more) but alas, all existing alliances were disbanded when 1.3 came out (too far weakened from the change to sector conquest with dreadnought construction and sabotages from enemy alliance/corporation infiltrations). I suggest we use a system of war declarations, where one corporation can declare war on another (will take 24 hours to begin), and it will last 1 week (players of opposed corporations killing each other will reset the timer) unless one of the corporation surrenders (will take 50 players killed by enemy players, or 2 weeks). Players can fight in Sector Conquest to defend an allied sector (blue circle) by right clicking and selecting “Defend allied sector” (will only defend for the Sector Conquest match after selecting, after the first battle, the players will fight for the sector their dreadnought is anchored at (random if no dreadnought parked in that time zone) but they can click “Defend allied sector” again to defend for their next match). Players get x1 tax token (max) on sectors owned by allies.

War of Alliances: Only place I could see players fighting in a “war” is the same place it happened in 2014-2016. Right outside the station, or in sectors one jump away. I cannot see monthly/weekly organized battles between corporations. I see a lack of players capable of this, and if they ever fix Sector Conquest to actually be a competition again instead of just completely random, the addition of a new corporate PvP game mode would be pointless. Earlier enemy corporations would battle in custom battles to practice and see who is better (no rewards), but now there’s A) not enough players for that, B) not enough time, everyone is off grinding, and C) not enough balance in gameplay for this, for smaller corporations that get wars declared on them, it’s going to be one or two guys in standard ships vs 8 guys in alien ships. Only reason wars were fought in Open Space was the following: Someone, or some group of someones killed someone else, someone else calls for backup, someone else’s corp arrives on the scene, someone or some group of someones get overpowered and call for reinforcements, then things just escalate, and war breaks loose. The only reason I have ever seen a large group fighting another large group other than payback is when a corporation who was angry about a bug in Sector Conquest mobbed outside a station, so nobody could dock to it in protest.

Multi-window UI: it would also be good if we could move windows around.

UI  rework: its functional to me…

Crew system: Personally, I think the implants need to get a buff.

1.Cruiser vs. Cruiser PvP/SecCon/OS: No cruisers in SecCon, the new SecCon is specially designed for huge 11km ships, cruisers just aren’t large enough for this game mode to work, it would essentially just become a rush to put as much dps on the enemy cruiser as soon as the battle starts, every time.

Team battle with cruisers: seems unnecessary to me.

Cruiser capture: We don’t even have a capture the flag mode yet. Once a team captures the cruiser they would just AOE so nobody else can capture, and nobody could kill the team that capped because the cruiser has auto defenses.

Cruiser SecCon: No, cruisers are too small for a map to be based entirely around them.

2.Cage fight in PvP or OS: we already have dogfights?

PvP battle: If the enemy team’s doors close when they send someone in, the enemy players could just enter another player from the other team’s side while their doors are still open. Also what if someone just spawn camps their doors from inside so nobody can get in? just take a guard or something with pulsar, mass inhibitor, mine fields, and a proxy mortar, and just like that one player has carried an entire battle.

The ‘Cage’ in OS: custom battles exist in part for this purpose.

3.In Hyperspace – The chase (Spec Ops): If it’s the cruiser and defiler that are in hyperspace, wouldn’t anyone undocking from the cruiser just get rocketed towards the back of the map at 3,000,000km/s?

8-12 isn’t small, 12 is the largest a group can get… Also again, if wrecks and rocks can fly past at insane speeds, wouldn’t everything else that doesn’t also have a warp drive also be thrown out of the map? Also Defilers don’t even use warp drives, they tear holes in the spacetime continuum because they are so advanced that they are spacetime’s masters. Again, this would blur their power and authority as a force to be reckoned with. Also we already have a Spec Ops against the defiler.

I get where a lot of this is coming from, but I feel like this would end up replacing Sector Conquest in a way. The system I’ve conceived would act similarly in that it would take away from Sector Conquest, but only in the way that every other game mode already does. The plan below, in theory, would add a new element to Open Space that players could use, but it wouldn’t become the new “reason” for being in a corporation, players wouldn’t even need to be in a corporation to obtain rewards from the sectors they find (it wouldn’t be anywhere near as specific as to the rewards you would get, and it wouldn’t be as much of a reward, but it would give players something more to do in Open Space, because frankly there isn’t much reason for the game mode other than monocrystals).

A different take on things:

Please note, all proposed changes have a corresponding letter or set of letters following them that sets them in up to three broad terms for reasons the changes are suggested. N = New concept/method that hasn’t been used similarly elseware in the game yet, the change is suggested to add something new | V = Variability of gameplay, the change is suggested to add any form of variability | B = Balance of gameplay, anything with a B following it has either been suggested as a change to improve balance in gameplay, has been added to balance another suggestion, or if it is a new suggestion (not necessarily followed by N if it has been implemented in other areas of gameplay) the B signifies that the idea has had countermeasures/balances put in place by either other suggestions or are included in the suggestion itself.

1.       Ships and equipment:

1.1.    Dreadnoughts:

1.2.    Dreadnoughts can fit any specialized system no matter the faction they come from, but corporations can only build the systems that match their dreadnought’s faction and the default systems. (B)

1.2.1. Maelstrom:

1.2.1.1.              [Weapon Booster] Armor-piercing main caliber charges. Increase dreadnought hull damage by 55%. (V)

1.2.1.2.              [Weapon Overloader] Pumps extra power into the main weapons, deals extra damage to shield over time but damages the ship by 1 Fleet Point per shot. (NVB)

1.2.2. Liberator:

1.2.2.1.              [Support Command Tower] Builds drones that defend the dreadnought. Losing the module reduces fleet support by 100 pts. (VB)

1.2.2.2.              [Repair Station] Repairs all allied ships within 1500 m. by 35 hull points and 40 shield points per second. (NV)

1.2.2.2.1.                    Takes place of the Bomb Rack when fitting. (B)

1.2.3. Nemesis:

1.2.3.1.               [Shield Emitter Catalyst] Improved shields strengthen the dreadnought. Fleet support increased by 396 pts. (V)

1.2.3.2.              [Resistive Coating Emitter] Blocks increased damage from armor-piercing enemy dreadnought weapons. Gives a 7% chance to fully block incoming damage. Increases kinetic shield resistance to allied ships under the shield by 60 pts. (VB)

1.3.    Cruisers:

1.3.1.Empire cruiser [Cyclone]

1.3.1.1.              [Launch tubes]
Blast (thermal) – 2000
Explosion radius – 200 m.
Flight range – 5000 m.
Flight speed – 700 m./s.
Maneuvering speed – 50 deg/sec.
Charges in cartridge - 5
Module durability – 10000 pts.
Damage on destruction – 7500 pts.
Recharge – 50 s.
Launches homing missiles seeking targets within 5000 m. No more than 5 missiles can home in on one target. (NVB)

1.3.1.2.              [Heavy Particle Beam]
DPS (thermal) – 1000 dmg./s.
Damage (therma) – 1000 dmg.
Rate of fire – 60 rounds/min.
Critical chance – 27%
Critical damage bonus – 80%
Barrel rotation speed – 90 deg/sec.
Firing range (max.) – 8500 m.
Full overheating/cooling – 10 / 1.7 s.
Long range thermal weapon. All hardpoints focus fire on a single target. (NVB)

1.3.2. Federation cruiser [Polaris]:

1.3.2.1.              [RF Plasma Cannon]
DPS (EM) – 3125 dmg./s.
Damage (EM) – 750 dmg.
Rate of fire – 250 rounds/min.
Critical chance – 12%
Critical damage bonus – 100%
Projectile speed – 3000 m./s.
Firing range (max.) – 3000 m.
Spread – 2 - 5.5 deg.
Full overheating/cooling – 30 / 6 s.
Short range EM weapon. Accuracy decreases with prolonged firing. (NVB)

1.3.2.2.              [Antineutron Cannon]
DPS (EM) -
Damage (EM) -
Rate of fire -
Critical chance -
Critical damage bonus -
Projectile speed -
Barrel rotation speed -
Firing range (max.) -
Spread -
Full overheating/cooling -
Long range EM weapon. Damage increases the further the projectile travels. (NVB)

1.3.3. Jericho cruiser [Scythe]:

1.3.3.1.              [Flakk Cannon]
DPS (kinetic) – 500 - 1000 dmg./s.
Damage (thermal) – 500 - 1000 dmg.
Rate of fire – 60 rounds/min.
Critical chance – 15%
Critical damage bonus – 75%
Projectile speed – 2500 m./s.
Firing range (max.) 3500 m.
Spread – 5 deg.
Full overheating/cooling – 10 / 2 s.
Fires 10 small projectiles that explode at the end of their flight path. Deals 500 damage if stopped early and will not explode. Explosion radius – 35 m. (NVB)

1.3.3.2.              [Artillery Cannon]
DPS (kinetic) – 3750 dmg./s.
Damage (kinetic) – 7500 dmg.
Rate of fire – 30 rounds/min.
Critical chance – 50%
Critical damage bonus – 65%
Projectile speed – 7500 m./s.
Barrel rotation speed – 15 deg/sec.
Firing range (max.) 8250 m.
Spread – 0.5 deg.
Full overheating/cooling – 15 / 3.
Fires large caliber projectiles at high speeds. Rapidly loses effectiveness when used at medium and close distances. (NVB)

1.4.    Ships:

• [Tai’Kin], [Thar’Ga], and [Waz’Got] are now limited to a maximum of 9 passive module/modifier slots like standard ships. (B)
  • [Tai’Kin] and [Thar’Ga] strafe speed and strafe acceleration speed reduced by 50%. (B)

1.5.    “Alien Tech” buffs removed. (B)

1.6.    Interceptors no longer have blind spots at their stern. (B)

1.7.    Weapons:

1.7.1. [RF Blaster]

• Fire rate increased by 140%. (VB)

1.7.2. [Thar’Ga’tok launcher]

• damage reduced by 30%. (B)

1.7.3. [Thar’Kth cannon]

• Fire rate reduced by 15%. (B)

1.7.4. [Th’ak’Len]

• Damage reduced by 20%. (B)

1.7.5. [Waz’Dum]

• Repair rate reduced to 5%. (B)

1.7.6. [‘Tai’al’ launcher]

• Now will only start to cool down after it has fully overheated. (B)

1.7.7. [Tai’Thaq]

• Fire rate reduced by 33.33%. (B)

1.7.8. [‘T’Har’Ok’ beamer]

• Sphere damage reduced by 35%. (B)

1.8.    Special Modules:

1.8.1.  [Hive]

• Returning drone repairs reduced to 500 hull pts per drone returned. (B)
  • If the player has not locked onto an enemy ship, the drones will now aim wherever the player’s cross hairs point. (B)

1.8.2. [Combat Reconstructor]

• Repair rate reduced to 90%. (B)

1.8.3. [Crystal Predator]

• Now removed if the target takes collision damage. (B)
  • Now scales damage linearly with ship size (interceptors taking 7000 and destroyers taking 18000). (B)

1.8.4. [Warp-vortex]

• Now all teleportations are blocked for 10 seconds after use. (B)

1.8.5. [Return crystal]

1.8.6. [Jump drive]

• Renamed to [Micro-Jump Drive]. (V)

1.8.7. [Scavenger drones]

• Drone damage reduced by 50%. (B)
  • Drone fire rate reduced to 60 rpm. (B)
  • Repair rate reduced to 15%. (B)

1.8.8. [Alien satellites]

• Drone damage reduced by 45%. (B)
  • Drone fire rate reduced to 65 rpm. (B)
  • Host shield restore rate reduced to 20%. (B)
  • Now allied hull restore scales linearly with ship size (interceptors get 2000 pts, destroyers get 8000 pts). (B)

1.8.9. [Green mist]

• Drone damage reduced by 50%. (B)
  • Drone fire rate reduced to 70 rpm. (B)
  • Previously protected targets can’t be protected again for 24 sec. (B)

1.8.10.    [Autonomous drones]

• Drone damage reduced by 40%. (B)
  • Drone fire rate reduced to 75 rpm. (B)
  • Turret damage reduced by 20%. (B)

1.9.    Active combat modules:

1.9.1. Multipurpose modules:

1.9.1.1.              A1MA

• Does not fit Alien Ships. (B)

1.9.1.2.              IR Flares

• Now disrupts enemy locking abilities within 500 m for 5 s. (B)
  • User cannot lock enemies for 1 s. (B)
  • Now acts as a cartridge system with 3 charges in a cartridge. (NVB)
  • Cooldown reduced by 60%. (B)
  • Cartridge reload time set to 125% original cooldown time. (NB)

1.9.1.3.              [Jump Drive] (NEW!)
Energy consumption per second – 150 en/s.
Recharge – 60 s.
Creates a ‘Jump Point’ in space that anyone can use. Can only be activated when a linking Jump Beacon is activated. Deactivates if the host runs out of energy or uses the Jump Point. (NVB)

1.9.1.3.1.                    Remains offline and unusable until a corresponding [Jump Beacon] module is activated by a player in the same squad/wing. (B)

1.9.1.4.              Missile Reload

• Now increases missile cooldown timer by 75%. (B)

1.9.2. Recon modules:

1.9.2.1.              [Crystal Destabilization]

• Time between actions increased by 100%. (B)
  • Cooldown increased by 50%. (B)
  • Now deals 100% friendly and self-damage. (B)

1.9.2.1.1.                    [Crystal Destabilization 4-8]

• Now consumes 40 en./sec. when active. (B)

1.9.2.1.2.                    [Crystal Destabilization 7-11]

• Now consumes 45 en./sec. when active. (B)

1.9.2.1.3.                    [Crystal Destabilization 10-12]

• Now consumes 50 en./sec. when active. (B)

1.9.2.1.4.                    [Crystal Destabilization 13-15]

• Now consumes 55 en./sec. when active. (B)

1.9.2.2.              [Crystal Infiltrator]

• Active time reduced by 6 s. (B)
  • Additional damage is reduced from 20% to 5%. (B)
  • Cooldown increased by 8 s. (B)

1.9.2.3.              [Harvest crystal]

• Enemy detection radius reduced by 65%. (B)
  • Now only charges owner’s shield if both the owner and the enemy are within 2000 m. of the beacon. (B)

1.9.2.3.1.                    [Harvest crystal 7-11]

• Now charges owner’s shield by 73 pts./sec. per enemy within 2000 m. of the beacon. (B)

1.9.2.3.2.                    [Harvest crystal 10-14]

• Now charges owner’s shield by 79 pts./sec. per enemy within 2000 m. of the beacon. (B)

1.9.2.3.3.                    [Harvest crystal 13-15]

• Now charges owner’s shield by 82 pts./sec. per enemy within 2000 m. of the beacon. (B)

1.9.2.4.              [Inhibitor Crystal]

• Damage reduced by 80% - 90% (ex 2775 – 15850 dmg. is now 555 – 1585 dmg.) (B)
  • Host damage increased by 250%. (B)
  • Slowing effect reduced from 75% to 25% and only lasts 1 second. (B)
  • Cooldown increased by 75%. (B)

1.9.2.4.1.                    [Inhibitor Crystal 5-9]

• Projectile speed reduced from 450 m/s. to 300 m/s. (B)

1.9.2.4.2.                    [Inhibitor Crystal 8-12]

• Projectile speed reduced from 500 m/s. to 310 m/s. (B)

1.9.2.4.3.                    [Inhibitor Crystal 11-15]
-Projectile speed reduced from 550 m/s. to 320 m/s. (B)

1.9.2.5.              [Jump Beacon 7-15] (NEW!)
Energy consumption per second – 30 en/s.
Recharge – 10 s.
Activates a beacon that links to the Jump Drive module of players in the same group/wing. Active range – 7 000 m. (NVB)

1.9.2.6.              [Micro-locator]
-Enemy detection radius increased by 35%. (VB)

1.9.2.7.              [Satellite Crystal]

• Damage decreased by 35%. (B)
  • No longer slows or reduces maneuverability of the target. (B)
  • Cooldown increased by 90%. (B)
  • Speed boost reduced by 50%. (B)

1.9.2.8.              [Spy Drones Container]

• Now highlights all enemy ships (not including invisible) within 400m of the targeted ship. (B)

1.9.3. ECM modules:

1.9.3.1.              [Stasis Generator]

• The target’s shields will not absorb collision damage for 1.8 seconds. (B)

1.9.3.2.              [System Hack]

• Active range increased by 50%. (B)

1.9.4. Covert Ops modules:

1.9.4.1.              [Reactor overload]

• Explosion damage increased by 100%. (B)

1.9.4.2.              [Plasma Arc]

• Now states in the description that it hinders maneuverability when active. (V)

1.9.5. Tackler modules:

1.9.5.1.              [Sentry Drone]

• No longer affects maneuverability of all ships in range. (B)
  • Now only affects maneuverability of ships if hit. (B)

1.9.5.2.              [Heavy Guard Drone]

• No longer blocks all extra fast enemy ship movements. (B)
  • Now only blocks all extra fast enemy ship movements of ships hit. (B)

1.9.6. Gunship modules:

1.9.6.1.              [Crystal Drone]

• Damage reduced by 60%. (B)
  • Active time reduced by 30%. (B)
  • Now decreases ship speed by 5% when inactive. (B)

1.9.6.2.              [Inhibitor swarm]

• Damage reduced by 50%. (B)
  • Maneuverability penalty reduced from 67% to 7%. (B)

1.9.6.3.              [Alien intuition]

• Cooldown increased by 5 sec. (B)
  • Now increases weapon spread by 15% when active. (B)

1.9.6.3.1.                    [Alien intuition 3-7]

• Weapon damage boost reduced from 25% to 20%. (B)

1.9.6.3.2.                    [Alien intuition 6-10]

• Weapon damage boost reduced from 30% to 22%. (B)

1.9.6.3.3.                    [Alien intuition 9-13]

• Weapon damage boost reduced from 35% to 24%. (B)

1.9.6.3.4.                    [Alien intuition 12-15]

• Weapon damage boost reduced from 40% to 25%. (B)

1.9.7. Engineer modules:

1.9.7.1.              [Nanodrone Cloud]

• Passive hull repair increased by 50%. (B)
  • Active hull repair increased by 15%. (B)

1.9.7.2.              [Mass Shield Generator]

• Passive shield charge increased by 45%. (B)
  • Active shield charge increased by 10%. (B)

1.9.7.3.              [Static Barrier]

• Now displays a health bar as an Overshield. (VB)

1.9.7.4.              [Protective sphere]

• Ally shield reduced by 50%. (B)
  • Host shield reduced by 25%. (B)
  • Cooldown increased by 25%. (B)

1.9.7.5.              [Gravi-wave]

• Rename to [Repelling Beam]. (V)
  • Damage reduced by 75%. (B)
  • Now pushes destroyers at a maximum of 300 m/s and all other ships at a maximum of 700 m/s. (B)
  • Damage scales with ship size. (B)
  • Now only pushes in 5 deg. from the user’s crosshairs. (VB)

1.9.7.6.              [‘Patron’ active defence]

• Now cannot teleport the same ally more than once within 120 seconds. (B)

1.9.7.7.              [Waz’Got battle station]

• Now can be locked onto by enemies. (NVB)
  • Now all weapons can be destroyed by enemy fire. (NB)
  • Station repair reduced by 25%. (B)

1.9.7.7.1.                    Basic Equipment:

1.9.7.7.1.1.   Laser, deals 498 dmg./sec., range 3350 m.

• Damage reduced by 40%. (B)

1.9.7.7.2.                    Stage 1. Weapon upgrades:

• All weapon damage reduced by 50%. (B)

1.9.7.7.3.                    Stage 2. Station protection:

1.9.7.7.3.1.   Option 3: +35 pts. damage resistance.

• Damage resistance reduced from +35 pts to +20 pts. (B)

1.9.7.7.4.                    Stage 2. Ally support:

1.9.7.7.4.1.   Option 1: Slowing enemies by 35%.

• Slowing effects reduced from 35% to 7%. (B)
  • Now only slows enemies if hit. (B)

1.9.7.7.4.2.   Option 2: Repair ally hull by 225 pts./sec.

• Ally repair reduced by 65%. (B)

1.9.7.7.4.3.   Option 3: Regenerate ally shield by 300 pts.sec.

• Ally shield regeneration reduced by 65%. (B)

1.9.8. Suppressor modules:

1.9.8.1.              [Blaster Turret]

• Speed and maneuverability penalty reduced from 50% to 7%. (B)
  • Fire rate increased by 50%. (B)
  • Now deals 5% original damage as DOT for 5 seconds per hit (can stack). (VB)

1.9.8.2.              [Repelling Beam]

• Rename to [Gravi-wave]. (V)
  • Now pushes ships in all directions but most powerfully in the user’s crosshairs direction. (VB)

1.10.                     Passive modifiers:

1.10.1.     Hull:

1.10.1.1.          [Adaptive Membrane]

• Hull resistances bonus reduced by 5 pts. (B)
  • Now reduces all shield resistances by 5 pts. (B)

1.10.1.2.          [Galvanized Armor]

• Tool tip changed from “Increases resistance to all damage types by __ pts. by reducing rotation speed by __%.” To “Increases resistances to all damage types by __ pts. but reduces rotation speed by __%.” (V)

1.10.1.3.          [Lightweight Hull]

• Now also increases acceleration speed and rotation speed. (B)

1.10.1.4.          [Regenerative Coating]

• If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, hull repair speed is increased by 85%. (NVB)

1.10.1.4.1.                 Upgrades:

• Mk 2: +5% to hull repair speed increase. (B)
  • Mk 3: +5% to hull repair speed increase. (B)
  • Mk 4: +3% to hull repair speed increase. (B)

1.10.2.     Shield:

1.10.2.1.1.                 [Asynchronous Shield Projector]

• Now has a passive and active mode. (NV)
  • If the ship takes damage, the modifier is activated. (V)

1.10.2.1.1.1.                       [Asynchronous Shield Projector 1-3]

• If the ship takes damage, shield resistances to all damage is increased by 15 pts for 3 seconds and shield regeneration speed increases by 19%. If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, shield regeneration speed is increased by 46%. (NVB)

1.10.2.1.1.2.                       [Asynchronous Shield Projector 2-6]

• If the ship takes damage, shield resistances to all damage is increased by 15 pts for 3 seconds and shield regeneration speed increases by 20%. If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, shield regeneration speed is increased by 47%. (NVB)

1.10.2.1.1.3.                       [Asynchronous Shield Projector 5-9]

• If the ship takes damage, shield resistances to all damage is increased by 15 pts for 3 seconds and shield regeneration speed increases by 21%. If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, shield regeneration speed is increased by 48%. (NVB)

1.10.2.1.1.4.                       [Asynchronous Shield Projector 8-12]

• If the ship takes damage, shield resistances to all damage is increased by 15 pts for 3 seconds and shield regeneration speed increases by 22%. If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, shield regeneration speed is increased by 49%. (NVB)

1.10.2.1.1.5.                       [Asynchronous Shield Projector 11-15]

• If the ship takes damage, shield resistances to all damage is increased by 15 pts for 3 seconds and shield regeneration speed increases by 23%. If the ship takes no damage for 5 seconds, shield regeneration speed is increased by 50%. (NVB)

1.10.2.1.2.                 [Energy Recuperation System]

• Now gives an extra 10% to capacitor volume. (B)

1.10.2.1.2.1.                       Upgrades:

• Mk 2: +2% capacitor volume. (B)
  • Mk 3: +1% capacitor volume.  (B)
  • Mk 4: +0.6% capacitor volume. (B)

1.10.2.1.3.                 [Submatter shield]

• Now increases strafe speed. (B)

1.10.2.1.4.                 [Static shield generator]

• Time to activation increased by 50%. (B)
  • Shield regeneration speed reduced by 70%. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.                 [Combat shield regenerator]

• Now shield regeneration lasts a maximum of 5 sec. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.1.                       [Combat shield regenerator 3-7]

• Now has a cooldown of 60 sec. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.1.1.     Upgrades:

• Mk 2: -3 s. (B)
  • Mk 3: -2 s. (B)
  • Mk 4: -1.5 s. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.2.                       [Combat shield regenerator 6-10]

• Now has a cooldown of 59 sec. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.2.1.     Upgrades:

1.10.2.1.5.3.                       [Combat shield regenerator 9-13]

• Now has a cooldown of 58 sec. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.3.1.     Upgrades:

1.10.2.1.5.4.                        [Combat shield regenerator 12-15]

• Now has a cooldown of 57 sec. (B)

1.10.2.1.5.4.1.     Upgrades:

1.10.3.     Engine:

1.10.3.1.          [Displacement sphere]

1.10.3.1.1.                 [Displacement sphere 3-7]

• Ship rotation speed bonus reduced from 22% to 15%. (B)
  • Ship rotation speed bonus with afterburners reduced from 32% to 20%. (B)

1.10.3.1.2.                 [Displacement sphere 6-10]

• Ship rotation speed bonus reduced from 23% to 18%. (B)
  • Ship rotation speed bonus with afterburners reduced from 33% to 23%. (B)

1.10.3.1.3.                 [Displacement sphere 9-13]

• Ship rotation speed bonus reduced from 24% to 20%. (B)
  • Ship rotation speed bonus with afterburners reduced from 34% to 25%. (B)

1.10.3.1.4.                 [Displacement sphere 12-15]

• Ship rotation speed bonus reduced from 25% to 23%. (B)
  • Ship rotation speed bonus with afterburners reduced from 35% to 28%. (B)

1.10.3.2.          [Synthesis sphere]

1.10.3.2.1.                 [Synthesis sphere 3-7]

• Strafe speed bonus reduced from 45% to 19%. (B)
  • Now reduces afterburner speed by 25%. (B)

1.10.3.2.2.                 [Synthesis sphere 6-10]

• Strafe speed bonus reduced from 50% to 21%. (B)
  • Now reduces afterburner speed by 26%. (B)

1.10.3.2.3.                 [Synthesis sphere 9-13]

• Strafe speed bonus reduced from 55% to 23%. (B)
  • Now reduces afterburner speed by 27%. (B)

1.10.3.2.4.                 [Synthesis sphere 12-15]

• Strafe speed bonus reduced from 60% to 25%. (B)
  • Now reduces afterburner speed by 28%. (B)

1.10.3.3.          [Antifriction sphere]

1.10.3.3.1.                 [Antifriction sphere 3-7]

• Ship acceleration bonus reduced from 70% to 25%. (B)
  • Ship acceleration bonus with afterburners reduced from 140% to 34%. (B)
  • Now reduces rotation speed by 25%. (B)

1.10.3.3.2.                 [Antifriction sphere 6-10]

• Ship acceleration bonus reduced from 75% to 26%. (B)
  • Ship acceleration bonus with afterburners reduced from 160% to 36%. (B)

1.10.3.3.3.                 [Antifriction sphere 9-13]

• Ship acceleration bonus reduced from 80% to 28%. (B)
  • Ship acceleration bonus with afterburners reduced from 160% to 38%. (B)
  • Now reduces ship rotation by 27%. (B)

1.10.3.3.4.                 [Antifriction sphere 12-15]

• Ship acceleration bonus reduced from 85% to 30%. (B)
  • Ship acceleration bonus with afterburners reduced from 170% to 40%. (B)
  • Now reduces rotation speed by 28%. (B)

1.10.3.4.          [Teleportation sphere]

1.10.3.4.1.                 [Teleportation sphere 3-7]

• Teleportation distance reduced from 2000m. to 1200m. (B)
  • Cooldown increased from 40 seconds to 120 seconds. (B)
  • Now decreases resistances to all damage by 5% for 5 sec. upon activation. (B)

1.10.3.4.2.                 [Teleportation sphere 6-10]

• Teleportation distance reduced from 2000m. to 1300m. (B)
  • Cooldown increased from 39 seconds to 119 seconds. (B)
  • Now decreases resistances to all damage by 7.5% for 5 sec. upon activation. (B)

1.10.3.4.3.                 [Teleportation sphere 9-13]

• Teleportation distance reduced from 2000m. to 1400m. (B)
  • Cooldown increased from 38 seconds to 117 seconds. (B)
  • Now decreases resistances to all damage by 10% for 5 sec. upon activation. (B)

1.10.3.4.4.                 [Teleportation sphere 12-15]

• Teleportation distance reduced from 2000m. to 1500m. (B)
  • Cooldown increased from 37 seconds to 114 seconds. (B)
  • Now decreases resistances to all damage by 12.5% for 5 sec. upon activation. (B)

1.10.3.5.          [Tetroxide Injector]

1.10.3.5.1.                 [Tetroxide Injector 8-12]

• Reduces controlling effects strength by 13%. (B)

1.10.3.5.1.1.                       Upgrades:

• Mk 2: +2% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)
  • Mk 3: +2% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)
  • Mk 4: +1.3% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)

1.10.3.5.2.                 [Tetroxide Injector 11-15]

• Reduces controlling effects strength by 18%. (B)

1.10.3.5.2.1.                       Upgrades:

• Mk 2: +2% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)
  • Mk 3: +2% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)
  • Mk 4: +1.3% to controlling effects strength reduction. (B)

1.10.4.     Capacitor:

1.10.4.1.          [Emergency capsule]

• Shield pts. reduced by 3000 pts. (B)

1.10.5.     Computer:

1.10.5.1.          [Predator’s instinct]

• Required ship speed increased from 90% of max. speed to 110% of max. speed. (B)

1.11.                     General:

• Standard and premium equipment now has a 15% reduction to buffing stats when fitted to Alien ships. (B)

2.       Trade:

2.1.    Players can trade a tradeable object for another tradeable object rather than selling/buying (this would change what is essentially a black market for elicit limited edition goods into a trade system). Receiving players are still subjected to trade taxes (10% minimum Galactic Standards value of the object they receive) and offering player can still ask for GS instead of another tradeable object. (NVB)

2.2.    CEOs and Vice Presidents can trade [Weapon Booster], [Weapon Overload], [Support Command Tower], [Repair Station], [Shield Emitter Catalyst], [Resistive Coating Emitter], [Launch Tubes], [Heavy Particle Beam], [RF Plasma Cannon], [Antineutron Cannon], [Flakk Cannon], and [Artillery Cannon] with the CEOs and Vice Presidents of other corporations. Receiving players are subject to trade taxes (10% price of the component’s value in Iridium). (NVB)

3.       Corporations:

3.1.    Customization:

3.1.1. CEO and Vice President can add Corporation icon to Factions tab in Tuning for all their corporation’s pilots for 10000 iridium or 3000 gs (pilots can then apply it for free). (NVB)

3.1.2. CEO and Vice President can change the colors of their corporation’s Dreadnought and Cruiser and add Aerography. Colors and Aerography cost Iridium or Galactic Standards (1000 iridium or 500 Galactic Standards per color/aerography). (NVB)

3.2.    State of standings:

3.2.1. Sectors owned by corporations allied with yours become blue on the Galaxy Map when viewing it from the Corporation mode. (NV)

3.2.2. Sectors owned by corporations of neutral standing with yours become orange on the Galaxy Map when viewing it from the corporation mode. (NV)

3.2.3. Sectors owned by corporations at war with yours become red on the Galaxy Map when viewing it from the Corporation mode. (NV)

3.3.    Sovereignty

3.3.1. New “Sovereignty” tab added to the Corporation window between “Shipyard” and “Laboratory” tabs. (NV)

3.3.1.1.              New “Alliance” tab added to the “Sovereignty” tab similarly to the way the “PvP Effectiveness”, “PvE Effectiveness”, and “Influence” tabs are positioned in the “Leaderboards” tab. (NV)

3.3.1.1.1.                    “Create alliance” button added to the bottom right of the “Alliance” sub window. Will be replaced with “Leave alliance” button when an Alliance is created. (NV)

3.3.1.1.2.                    “Invite to alliance” button added to the bottom right of the “Alliance” sub window next to “Create alliance” button or “Leave alliance” button. (NV)

3.3.1.2.              New “War” tab added under the “Alliance” tab. (NV)

3.3.1.2.1.                    “Declare War” button added to the bottom right of the “War” sub window. (NV)

3.3.1.3.              New “Sector <Name of Unclaimed Sector in which the corporation has a presence (through either having a Cruiser parked in the sector or a structure built in the sector)>” tab added under the “War” tab. (NV)

3.3.1.4.              New “Alliance” tab added to the chat system (all players of corporations allied with yours will be able to see the message). All players typing in the Alliance chat will have their corporation tag after their name. (NVB)

3.4.    Alliance

3.4.1. From the “Alliance” tab, CEO and Vice President have access to view every corporation, Officer and Private can only see the corporations their corporation has formed an alliance with. CEO and Vice President can select a corporation and click the “Invite to alliance” button. The corporation will then become unelectable and the words “Alliance pending” will appear overtop. CEO and Vice President of the selected corporation will see “Alliance Requested” overtop of your corporation when viewing the “Alliance” tab. They can click either a check mark or an x (the way players can accept other players into the corporation) to accept or revoke the alliance request. If the alliance request is accepted, the allied corporation will get a “Break Alliance” button in their box. CEO and Vice President can break an alliance with another corporation by using the “Leave Alliance” button. A corporation can only be in a single alliance. (NVB)

3.4.2. Players of allied corporations will get x1 token they can collect as tax on your corporation’s sectors in Sector Conquest. Allied corporations can put points towards your sector, but all points earned are reduced by 25% before being added. (NVB)

3.4.3. New “Donate to alliance” option added to sectors when right clicked for CEO and Vice President. When used, an Accept/Cancel confirmation window stating, “This sector will be donated to your alliance.” if accepted, the sector will become light blue and all players within allied corporations will get x1 token they can collect as tax (will increase by +1 tokens per day with a maximum of 4 tokens). The owner of the sector is changed to the donor corporation’s alliance name, and all corporations in the alliance can put points towards that sector through Sector Conquest battles. Sectors held by alliances will lose 75% of their defense points when Sector Conquest queuing opens in the respective time zone. (NVB)

3.4.4. Players in Open Space will see a “Allied” icon next to the names of players in allied corporations. (NV)

3.4.5. Players of allied corporations can enter Sector Conquest in a group/wing. (VB)

3.5.    War

3.5.1. From the “War” tab, CEO and Vice President have access to view every corporation, Officer and Private can only see the corporations their corporation is at war with. CEO and Vice President can select a corporation and click the “Declare War” button. The corporation will then get a “Surrender” button that remains unusable except on Sundays (to prevent players from surrendering immediately and to prolong wars if their CEO or Vice Presidents aren’t willing to resolve the war). CEO and Vice President of the selected corporation will see “At War” overtop of your corporation when viewing the “War” tab. CEO and Vice President of either corporation can use the “Surrender” button to end the war. Declaring war on a corporation will also declare war on their alliance, but will not cause allied corporations to also declare war. (NVB)

3.5.2. Players of corporations at war get bonus tax tokens if they take a sector from an enemy corporation. (NVB)

3.5.3. Players in Open Space will see a “At War” icon next to the names of players in enemy corporations. Players of enemy corporations will become red to each other in Open Space and can attack each other regardless of station protection and will not be attacked by law enforcement. (NVB)

3.5.4. Entering a sector that an enemy corporation owns through Sector Conquest will give the player a Criminal status and remove Station Protection until they leave the sector. Entering an Unclaimed Sector controlled by an enemy corporation either through the construction of turrets or the presence of a Cruiser in the sector will also give the player a Criminal status until they exit the sector. (NVB)

3.6.    Unclaimed Sector

3.6.1. From this tab, players can see what elements the sector their cruiser is parked in has (ex Small Refueling Station, Sparse Asteroid Belt, Wrecked Scythe, etc.). CEO and Vice President can spend iridium to construct Docking structure (maximum of one player-built Docking structure (maximum of two docking structures)) and other structures such as Stacked Cargo Containers, Fuel Dump, Turret hard points, Warp Gate, etc. CEO and Vice President can set the cruiser on a flight path (will take affect at daily reset) by selecting a preset (Stationary, Circular, or Spherical). (NVB)

4.       Cruisers:

4.1.    All cruisers have four mounting hardpoints for weapons and each come with two possible weapons in alignment with the faction of the cruiser. Mounting a weapon in position 1 will result in 5 of that weapon being mounted to the top and 5 to the bottom of the Cruiser. Mounting a weapon in position 2 will result in 5 of that weapon being mounted to the port and starboard sides of the cruiser. All positions can hold [Missile Turret] and [Plasma Turret] but only positions 1 and 2 can hold specialized weapons. Cruisers can fit any specialized weapon in slots 1 and 2 no matter the faction they come from, but corporations can only build the weapons of their cruiser’s faction. (NVB)

5.       Sectors/maps:

5.1.    Reconstruct:

5.1.1. [Spiral] and [Endeavour] now have x1 free reconstruct. (B)

5.2.    Galaxy Map additions:

5.2.1. Leviathan. Catacombs added to the Galaxy Map and Open Space game mode within the Unknown Systems area. Station protection inactive. Minimum ship rank: 7. (VB)

5.2.2. Omega Station added to the Galaxy Map and Open Space game mode within the Procyon system. Station protection inactive. Minimum ship rank: 10. (VB)

5.2.3. Depot 15 added to the Galaxy Map and Open Space game mode within the Kayeed system. Station protection inactive. Minimum ship rank: 10. (VB)

5.2.4. Thunder Pass added to the Galaxy Map and Open Space game mode within the Unknown Sectors area. Station protection inactive. Minimum ship rank: 7. (VB)

5.2.5. Complex ‘Nova-17’ added to the Galaxy Map and Open Space game mode within the Empire Worlds system. Station protection inactive. Minimum ship rank: 10. (VB)

5.2.6. Asteroid Belt added to the Galaxy Map within the Empire Worlds system. (V)

5.2.7. Asteroid Belt added to the Galaxy Map within the Federation Worlds system. (V)

5.2.8. Asteroid Belt added to the Galaxy Map within the Jericho Worlds system. (V)

5.3.    Changes to current sectors:

5.3.1. Leviathan:

5.3.1.1.               The ‘Ellydium protector’ NPCs now use [Thar’Ga] with the build provided below instead of Tiger-M. (VB)

5.3.1.2.              Center the light-source for the map with the texture of the star in the background. (NV)

5.3.2. The following sectors are now labeled PvP and have Station protection inactive:

• ‘Alpha-7’ Complex (VB)
  • ‘Northstar’ Crash Site (VB)
  • Abandoned Complex (VB)
  • Abandoned Outpost (VB)
  • Ancient Ruins (VB)
  • Barter Zone (VB)
  • Collapsed Laboratory (VB)
  • Destroyed Station (VB)
  • Dreadnought Debris (VB)
  • Eastern Mining Station (VB)
  • Iridium Strand (VB)
  • Lava Spines (VB)
  • Monolith Remains (VB)
  • Naberia-392 complex (VB)
  • Northern Mining Station (VB)
  • Pandora Anomaly (VB)
  • Research Center (VB)
  • Sanctuary (VB)
  • The Source (VB)
  • Threshold (VB)
  • Vanguard Outpost (VB)
  • Warden Outpost Ruins (VB)
  • Wastes (VB)

5.4.    Jump gates and routs:

5.4.1. Route added between Leviathan and Leviathan. Catacombs. (NVB)

5.4.2. Route added between Leviathan. Catacombs. and Inverter. (NVB)

5.4.3. Route leading back from Otherworld to Ontregos Pass removed, replaced with route between Leviathan and Otherworld. (NVB)

5.4.4. Route leading back from Inverter to Ice Pits removed, replaced with route between Leviathan and Inverter. (NVB)

5.4.5. Route leading back from Inverter to Abandoned Outpost removed, replaced with route between Leviathan and Inverter. (NVB)

5.4.6. Route added between Raider Range and Depot 15. (NVB)

5.4.7. Route added between Smuggler’s Hideout and Omega Station. (NVB)

5.4.8. Route added between Imperial Transport Hub and Complex ‘Nova-17’. (NVB)

5.4.9. Route added between Lava Spines and Complex ‘Nova-17’. (NVB)

5.4.10.    Route added between Iridium Strand and Complex ‘Nova-17’. (NVB)

5.5.    Loot:

5.5.1. Mysterious Containers have a very small chance to contain Weapon components, Ship Parts, and Blueprints. (VB)

5.5.2. Police NPCs can drop containers containing any loot worth Vouchers excluding Alien Tech Blueprints (ex: Friend or Foe Module, Beacon Placement Charts, etc.) or vouchers themselves. (VB)

5.5.3. Defiler now drops loot worth Iridium. (VB)

5.6.    Unclaimed Sectors

5.6.1. Randomly generated sectors added to the Galaxy Map accessible only through Open Space. NPCs from the new groups will generate Jump Points to these randomly generated sectors. Use of an NPC Jump Point will put the pilot in a randomly selected randomly generated sector. (NVB)

5.6.2. Randomly generated Unclaimed Sectors will have a “Navigational Beacon” that players can lock onto and use the [Jump Beacon] active module on, and can have any of the following:

5.6.2.1.              Docking structures (Cannot be in the same sector as Enemy structures):

5.6.2.1.1.                    Small mining station (Restricted to sectors with Asteroids) 20%. (NVB)

• Offer rewards in the form of random resources (given in the mail, deleted after 24 hours). (NVB)
  • Can spawn exporting <[Corporation tag]> Mineral Transport that offer rewards in the form of credits and synergy to any players who escort it to its destination (in the form of an Errand (Blue !)) but only if the sector has a Warp Gate, Deactivated Warp Gate, or Large deactivated jump gate turbo. (NVB)

5.6.2.1.2.                    Iridium mining station (Restricted to sectors with Iridium asteroid belt) 45%. (NVB)

• Offer rewards in the form of corporate iridium (deposited directly to the corporate account). (NVB)
  • Can spawn exporting <[Corporation tag]> Iridium Hauler that offers rewards in the form of credits and synergy to any players that escort it to its destination (in the form of an Errand (Blue !)) but only if the sector has a Warp Gate, Deactivated Warp Gate, or Large deactivated jump gate turbo. (NVB)

5.6.2.1.3.                    Small refit station 10%. (NVB)

• Allied cruisers can park at the station and be refitted from there at 75% the cost of the iridium to build new components. Damage from all cruiser weapons is reduced by 25% while docked. (NVB)
  • Refitting crafted ships is free when docked. (NVB)

5.6.2.1.4.                    Small refueling station 10%. (NVB)

• Allied cruisers in the sector don’t consume fuel. (NVB)
  • Shield units in the sector don’t consume fuel. (NVB)

5.6.2.1.5.                    Imperial outpost (Restricted to Empire area) 20%. (NVB)

• Imperial Military Police patrol the sector. (VB)
  • Pirates can spawn. (VB)

5.6.2.1.6.                    Federation outpost (Restricted to Federation area) 20%. (NVB)

• Federation Military Police patrol the sector. (VB)
  • Cartel can spawn. (VB)

5.6.2.1.7.                    Jericho outpost (Restricted to Jericho area) 20%. (NVB)

• Jericho Military Police patrol the sector. (VB)
  • Cybers can spawn. (VB)
  • Predator mission can occur. (VB)

5.6.2.1.8.                    Ellydium outpost (Restricted to Unknown Systems area) 25%. (NVB)

• Ellydium Enforcer patrol the sector. (NVB)
  • Ellydium Guardsman patrol the sector. (NVB)
  • Ellydium Defender patrol the sector. (NVB)
  • Hunter can spawn. (VB)
  • Scout can spawn. (VB)
  • Predator can spawn. (VB)

5.6.2.2.              Enemy structures (Cannot be in the same sector as Docking structures):

5.6.2.2.1.                    Pirate outpost (Restricted to sectors in the Empire area) 20%. (NVB)

• Pirate Scout patrol the sector and will attack all players. (VB)
  • Pirate Hunter patrol the sector and will attack all players. (VB)
  • Pirate Killer patrol the sector and will attack all players. (VB)

5.6.2.2.2.                    Cartel outpost (Restricted to sectors in the Federation area) 20%. (NVB)

• Cartel ___ patrol the sector and will attack all players. (VB)

5.6.2.2.3.                    Cyber outpost (Restricted to sectors in the Jericho area) 20%. (NVB)

• Cyber ___ patrol the sector and will attack all players. (VB)
  • Predator errand can occur. (VB)

5.6.2.3.              Interactive structures:

5.6.2.3.1.                    Turret hard points 25%. (NVB)

• Can have turrets built on them. (V)

5.6.2.3.2.                    Warp Gate 75%. (VB)

• A warp gate leading to a random Unclaimed Sector, displays the destination (there may not be a gate leading back). (NVB)
  • Destination changes at the end of every week. (NVB)

5.6.2.4.              Asteroids:

5.6.2.4.1.                    Crescent asteroid belt 20% (cannot spawn in a sector with Encasing asteroid belt or Iridium asteroid belt). (NVB)

• Stretches partway around the circumference of the sector. (NV)
  • Holds rarer resources. (NVB)

5.6.2.4.2.                    Encasing asteroid belt 30% (cannot spawn in a sector with Crescent asteroid belt or Iridium asteroid belt). (NVB)
-The entire sector is filled with asteroids and they reach into the background. (NV)

• Holds resources. (NVB)

5.6.2.4.3.                    Sparse asteroid belt 75%. (NVB)

• Asteroids are thinly spaced around the sector. (NV)
  • Holds common resources sold for cash upon docking. (NVB)

5.6.2.4.4.                    Iridium asteroid belt 5% (Cannot spawn in a sector with Crescent asteroid belt or Encasing asteroid belt). (NVB)

• Holds rare resources and a small chance of Iridium. (NVB)

5.6.2.4.5.                    Precursor asteroid (Restricted to Unknown Systems area) 15%. (NVB)

• Ultuite spawns nearby. (NVB)
  • Holds small chance of Iridium. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.              Other structures:

5.6.2.5.1.                    Stacked cargo containers (Restricted to sectors with Docking structures) 35%. (NVB)

• Increases maximum corporate iridium by 5000 units. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.2.                    Lost cargo containers 65%. (NVB)

• Increases maximum corporate iridium by 2500 units. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.3.                    Fuel dump (Restricted to sectors with a Small refueling station) 80%. (NVB)

• Can be destroyed to deal damage to nearby turrets and ships. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.4.                    Deactivated jump gate 5%. (NVB)

• Allows NPCs to travel through the sector. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.5.                    Large deactivated jump gate turbo 2%. (NVB)

• Allows NPCs to travel through the sector. (NVB)

5.6.2.5.6.                    Wrecked imperial cargo ship 10% (15% in the Empire area). (NVB)

• Can hold Corporate Iridium (loot-able through the Sovereignty tab). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.7.                    Wrecked federation cargo ship 10% (15% in the Federation area). (NVB)

• Can hold Corporate Iridium (loot-able through the Sovereignty tab). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.8.                    Wrecked Maelstrom 3% (6% in the Empire area). (NVB)

• Can be repaired (in the Sovereignty tab) and be used for additional weapon hardpoints (built by capture). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.9.                    Wrecked Liberator 2% (4% in the Federation area). (NVB)

• Can be repaired (in the Sovereignty tab) and be used for additional weapon hardpoints (built by capture). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.10.                 Wrecked Nemesis 4% (8% in the Jericho area). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.11.                 Wrecked Cyclone 2% (4% in the Empire area). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.12.                 Wrecked Polaris 3% (6% in the Federation area). (NVB)

5.6.2.5.13.                 Wrecked Scythe 5% (10% in the Jericho area). (NVB)

5.6.3. All Unclaimed Sectors have Station Protection disabled and are labeled as PvP Zone. Entering a sector controlled by a corporation you are at war against will give you criminal status until you leave the sector. (NVB)

5.6.4. Mysterious Containers can spawn in Unclaimed Sectors. (VB)

5.6.5. All Unclaimed Sectors will be deleted and replaced by the end of the month, players docked in those sectors will be sent back to the station in their area. (NVB)

5.6.6. Cruisers can enter any Unclaimed sector, but if all components are destroyed they are sent back to the shipyard. If a player docks to the Cruiser while it is in an Unclaimed Sector and it gets sent back to the shipyard, the player will undock from the shipyard, docking to a Cruiser before it goes to an Unclaimed Sector will result in the player undocking into the Unclaimed Sector. (NVB)

5.6.7. Dying in Open Space will result in the player being sent back to the station in their area. To return to the Unclaimed Sector, as long as a cruiser is in the sector, players can temporarily change their station to the Cruiser for free and undock from there. (NVB)

5.7.    New NPCs:

5.7.1. Group 1 (Spawn in Empire area). (VB)

5.7.1.1.              Miner  (VB)
Loki
Ion Emitter 15
IR Flares 15
Coating Polarizer 15
Repair Kit M 15
A1MA 13

5.7.1.2.              Cargo Ship (VB)
Brokk
Beam Cannon 15
Nanodrone Cloud 15
Nanocomposite Coating 15
Repair Kit L 15
A1MA 13

5.7.1.3.              Overseer (Being escorted) (VB)
Vigilant
Meson Cannon 15
Plasma Turret 15
Multiphase shield 15
Remote minelayer 15
Blaster Turret 15

5.7.2. Group 2 (Spawn in Federation area) (VB)

5.7.2.1.              Colonization Transport (Being escorted) (VB)
Transport

5.7.2.2.              Colonial Escort (VB)
Sirius
‘Halo’ Launcher 15
Blaster Turret 15
Multiphase shield 15
Hybrid Missile 15
Plasma Turret 15

5.7.2.3.              Colonial Escort (VB)
Sirius
‘Halo’ Launcher 15
Blaster Turret 15
Multiphase shield 15
Hybrid Missile 15
Plasma Turret 15

5.7.2.4.              Colonial Escort (VB)
Sirius
‘Halo’ Launcher 15
Blaster Turret 15
Multiphase shield 15
Hybrid Missile 15
Plasma Turret 15

5.7.3. Group 3 (Spawn in Jericho area) (VB)

5.7.3.1.              Expeditionary Scout (VB)
Karud
Kinetic Supercharger 15
Shield Booster S 15
Multiphase Shield Adapter 15
Repair Kit S 15
Nanocomposite Coating 15

5.7.3.2.              Expeditionary Soldier (VB)
Escalibur
Assaut Railgun 15
Shield Booster M 15
Multiphase Shield Adapter 15
‘Aegis’ System 15
‘Valkyrie’ System 15

5.7.3.3.              Expeditionary Leader (Being escorted) (VB)
Patriarch
Proximity Coil Mortar 15
Signature Masking 15
Missile Shield 15
‘Spectre’ Field 15
Pulsar 15

5.7.4. Group 4 (Has a 0.5% chance to spawn in any sector when any pilot enters of rank 7+) (NVB)

5.7.4.1.              One Time Jay Walker (VB)
Dvergr
Vulcan 15
Engine Suppressor 15
Inhibitor Beam 15
Slowing field missile 15

5.7.4.2.              Daily Litterer (VB)
Wolf-M
Shrapnel Cannon 15
Spy Drones Container 15
Phase Modulator 15
Parasitic Remodulator 15
Micro-locator 15
Proximity Mine 15

5.7.4.3.              Annual Tax Evader (VB)
Mammoth
Pulse Laser 15
‘White Noise’ Jammer 15
Adaptive Camo 15
Plasma Arc 15
Repair Kit S 15
Ion-beam warhead missiles 15

5.7.4.4.              Full Time Shop Lifter (Being escorted) (VB)
Tyrant
Positron Cannon 15
Isotope Harvester 15
Remote minelayer 15
Blaster Turret 15
Hybrid Missile 15
Static Shield 15

5.7.5. When a group spawns, it will navigate a predetermined flight path to an end in space. When the group comes within 1000 m. from the end point, the Jump Point appears, players can press C (default) to interact with the jump point and be sent to a random Unclaimed Sector. These groups can spawn in any Unclaimed Sector without the need of a gate structure, and can leave by again spawning their own jump point. All groups move at a standardized 100 m/s unless returning to original flight path from a deviation (move at 700 m/s until return to flight path). (NVB)

6.       Match Making:

6.1.    New ships are no longer limited to a team of pilots also using new ships – evenly distribute. (B)

7.       Sector Conquest:

7.1.    Teams no longer have to have 4 members – bots will substitute missing players to make teams even. (B)

7.2.    Bots will now only escort players unless a player uses the “Everyone, eyes on _” action (double tapping the lock on button) in which case the bots will defend/escort the marked target or attack if it is an enemy. (NB)

7.3.    Tax rewards now only require participation in PvP battles rather than victory conditions. (B)

7.4.    Corporations no longer lose points at the end of a time zone’s queueing period and only at the start. (B)

8.       PvE:

8.1.    Reincorporate Premium Ships having x1 free reconstruct in PvE battles (does not include [Spiral], [Gargoyle], [Endeavour], or [Dart]). (B)

9.       Special Operation:

9.1.    Add new special operation (clicking the following link will redirect you to a location to view/create ideas for special operations) (V):

10.   Custom Battle:

10.1.                     Unregulated Settings:

• Custom time limit presets added (10 min, 15 min, 30 min, infinite). (NVB)
  • Custom Fleet Points limit presets added for Dreadnought Battles maps only (1000 pts., 2000 pts., 2500 pts., infinite pts. (9999 pts. if infinite pts. is not possible)). (NVB)
  • Dreadnought Battles maps added, dreadnoughts are selected out of the players in each team who are in corporations (the same way they are now). (VB)
  • Add “Green room” setting (changes skybox to #00FF00). (NV)

11.   Graphics:

11.1.                     Reincorporate the yellow-blue explosion texture to [Torpedo]. (V)

11.2.                     Reincorporate melted particles to asteroids destroyed by Major Caliber. (V)

11.3.                     Add “Ship Trails Brightness” slider to Game tab in Options menu. (V)

11.4.                     Make ship trails brighter/more vibrant. (VB)

11.5.                     Add Outpost Explosion particles to Defiler’s death animation. (V)

11.6.                     Add praxis ring to Defiler’s death animation. (V)

11.7.                     Reincorporate Aurebesh texts to Static Shields. (V)

11.8.                     Add Guided Torpedo explosion particles to [Tactical Nuke] explosion animation. (V)

11.9.                     Add praxis ring to [Tactical Nuke] explosion animation. (V)

11.10.                  Reincorporate Lens Flares. (V)

12.   Other UI changes:

12.1.                     Add Special Module ship exterior preview right click option to ‘Ellydium’ special module nodes in ‘Ellydium’ ship tree. (V)

13.   General changes:

13.1.                     Actually improve server stability – every “server stability improved” update suspiciously makes servers worse. (B)

13.2.                     Improve map loading speed. (B)

13.3.                     Players in groups can now access Open Space (Undock) Queue option even with pending group invitations. (B)

13.4.                     Range bonus against Destroyers reduced to x1.5. (B)

13.5.                     Reincorporate Profanity Filter as a toggleable option. (V)

13.6.                     Reincorporate Lens Flares as a toggleable option. (VB)

13.7.                     Shields now work in unison – if a ship’s shield touches an allied ship’s shield, the shields combine their recharge rates and resistances (shield recharge rates and resistances are added together and reduced by 15%. but can be no lower than the highest initial shield recharge rate or resistance). After the first shield, every additional shield yours combines with, the effectiveness drops by 10%. but cannot drop more than 50%. (NVB)

• Ex: Ship A has 100 pts shield regen/sec and 100 resist, ship B has 75, C has 50, D has 10.
    A + B = (100 + 75) x 85% = 148.75
    A +  B + C = (100 + 75 + 50) x 85% = 191.25
    A + D = (100 + 10) x 85% = 93.5 (cannot be less than the highest, which is 100, so 93.5 becomes 100).

14.   Bug fixes:

14.1.                     Synthesis + Antifriction spheres strafe acceleration bug. (B)

14.2.                     Failed to find battle bug. (B)

14.3.                     Special Operations raid themes overpowering other audio bug. (B)

This would definitely solve many issues as far as some of the balancing segments go, every new suggestion has been theoretically balanced (without testing one cannot be sure). There is definately more to say but this is all I can think of at this time. When commenting/suggesting another option for a specific comment, please refer to it with either a quote or using its number (numbers are included for this reason - a long post, lots to sort through when trying to quote something, probably too much for a quote to fit it all). As far as bugs go, there’s hundreds I could include, but for now I only wanted to include the issues most relevant to what I do in the game.

In response to 13.7:

If anyone has any comments on this, please let me know, this is an idea I’ve had for a while but I think there would be a lot of issues introduced if it was implemented (for example flying within a Tyrant’s shields and then having your own shields fully recharged after only a few seconds). If anyone has any feedback on any of this, I would especially like to hear thoughts on this one.

In response to 5.2.4:

I included a sector called “Thunder Pass” because I forgot to put something in here before posting. “Thunder Pass” refers to the general name I used for multiple old maps I was making for Open Space, one being a sector located in Unknown Sectors (alien space) featuring mostly vast empty space with a few large structures strategically placed with two Alien Rifts (Defiler transport) and two portals linking two Unknown Sectors; another, also located in Unknown Sectors featuring an arena type structure (very loose description) and a new alien ship patrolling the center, two portals on opposite sides of the map; another, still located in Unknown Sectors featuring an S shaped “pathway” of wrecked stations and precursor asteroids that a Destroyer would roam (two Alien Rifts on either end of the "pathway) and featured two gravitational anomalies; four featured in dreams of mine, one being instead located in a system similar to Pandora (part of the background being bright red, the other a cool blue) with a deactivated Maelstrom dreadnought with three gates and Iridium asteroids, a second being in federation space featuring multiple stations built into the sides of large asteroids one of which is cut in half (one side whole the other side debris that could be used as a battleground) with a “infected” destroyed Malestrom dreadnought with a blue “sun” anomaly in the center of the ship debris (called “Contact Point”), the third was a forward imperial mining base left over from the war for batle sector featuring imperial mining structures on jericho asteroids with a jericho background, and the fourth being another empire sector, similar to Ice Belt but featuring mostly mining ships and structures with a few large haulers (seen exclusively in Raider Range). All the above-described sectors labeled as “Thunder Pass” were meant to be connection points between higher-activity sectors (all are in general nature long stretches of space similar to Ontregos Drift or Hub structure similar to the stations (most notably))

NwraWdA_700wa_0.gif Now this is a lot of text… kudos lol

42 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

NwraWdA_700wa_0.gif Now this is a lot of text… kudos lol

They won’t read it, but I would, and I did!

I’ve start reading then i’ve realized there was no end of it  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Still the anti-neutron cannon bother me, shouldn’t it be just neutron cannon? Make more sense ^^

5 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I’ve start reading then i’ve realized there was no end of it  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Still the anti-neutron cannon bother me, shouldn’t it be just neutron cannon? Make more sense ^^

Positron is an anti-electron, so I figured might as well (it would probably work better for a name of an explosive weapon now that I think of it). Now that I look back at it I realize I hadn’t even put any stats in…

Omg! How much time do you spend for this text?

3 hours ago, aldermatias said:

Omg! How much time do you spend for this text?

I wrote this around November 17th but never got around to finishing most of the ideas until now.

This and that in regards to your response to my suggestions: 

Spoiler

„Corporate Trading: I suggest if we use this, we should have a system with new Dreadnought components designed by specific factions, where only a corporation that has a Dreadnought of that faction can manufacture them….”

Yes, it would be nice to have more faction specific dread modules and weapons but I don’t think it these should be allowed to be traded with corps with dreads of other factions. Just keep this mode a little more diverse. It is already too plain and differences among dreads are small. Which is due to balance issues I guess.

Also, why don’t we have alien tech Ellydium weapons for dreads yet? 

“Reward Offering by Corps: I don’t understand this, is this suggesting a system where we can hire people to fight in SecCon for us?..”

The reward offering by corps is all about organizing events:

First, corps cannot choose opponents like in the old times of dreads (defender wings could see attacker corp wings and make own team get a certain opponent).

Second, there is no SecCon mode among custom maps to play against a selected group or corporation.

And last, organizing events is quite a job. It is time consuming and requires reward transferring from outside the game. With this new system corps could manage these events faster within the game for rewards (resources) that they already have in game. (Unless they want to offer DLCs and such.)      

“Why not just use the old system where people could team up from different corporations in the same squad, then if they won they would all get SecCon victory rewards (the 10-20k vouchers)?..”

Oh, no. It was a good thing that they removed this option. I really hated it when we attacked a corp and ended up fighting one of their officers and 7 others, mostly OP players, from other corps. Or the other way around, when we defended and got a selected OP bunch.

My OS cruiser battle mode would provide a similar feature for this. Players (friends, allies, etc.) could choose to fight for each other in a SecCon like battle mode but in OS. Also,    

“Real time sector battles in Open Space: I suggest a system with new sectors, special pockets of universe that open at randomized intervals…”

First of all, with your version it would not be real time then. I wanted to give purpose to OS: corporate docking in any sector, real time presence of corps, direct influence in owned sectors, etc.

Second, I wanted it to be less resource consuming to devs. Already existing maps would get additional features… “easy”.:wink: Your version would require the rework or duplication of the whole game universe.

I like the ‘Jump Beacon’ though. If nothing, then at least such feature should be implemented for letting corporations use their sectors for something. Once a sector is captured, their members would be allowed to jump into that map via a navigation beacon from the stations or any OS location.

#1 Cruiser patrol: …. Most sectors are too crowded with objects, and host too little space for this to be feasible.”

I think it is much easier and faster to expand maps with empty space for cruiser than making an entire map system. Cruiser weapon range is about 6-7 km so there would not be necessary to add too much extension, where it needed ofc. Also, cruiser should be placed somewhere to the edge region of the maps to avoid them interfering much with the usual player farming. Cruisers could also circle around each other instead of flying through the whole map. Maybe their path could differ from map to map. Or they could be static as you said as well. But with defilers and the appearance of cruiser during an event devs showed us already how well it could work anyway.

Hard points and player selected routes would make this too complicated. Also, it is unnecessary and would not give much to the game experience. Cruiser movements should be automated.

#2 Cruiser vs. Cruiser: Second reason I proposed the system above is because this would become rather chaotic. Imagine you’re just flying through space to your daily mission, and someone declares war on you, then they move their cruiser to the sector your mission is in, and there is nothing you can do because you’re flying say, a rank 4 or something.”

A few things from my suggestion:

1. A cruiser cannot be moved into a sector without fight only if that sector is not occupied by one already.

2. If there is another non-allied cruiser there then Cruiser vs. Cruiser fight will take place. These two will sure be busy with each other… mainly.

3. Moving a cruiser to a sector occupied by an allied cruiser is not possible, unless they want to break up the alliance and declare war on them. Two allied cruisers cannot be in the same sector.

4. Players still have the station protection option, except for those who are in a bad status with the owner corp of cruiser present.

I would add a few more new things here: Players should have the option to choose not to participate in any of the corporate matters and any modes of ‘corporate relations’ would not affect them. Or, this option could only be available for OS mode. Of course, using protected mode should be discouraged by reduced OS rewards.

1. New OS mission system needs to be reworked anyway. New missions, different levels, etc. This could take into consideration the presence of cruisers as well.

2. Cruiser movements have limitations: if there is a cruiser in the sector, it might not be available for fight because of a protection from constant attacks. There should be a time limit, after each OS cruiser fight, a cooldown time if you like, that would give the victorious cruiser (and its owners) time to use a sector and give the defeated cruiser time for repairs.        

“Not every corporation will tell their members about what is going on in game politics, I see this easily driving away players who are new to Open Space.”

That’s the point of being in a corp. If one does not care, then no need to join a corp. Players’ involvement in their corp’s actions should always be encouraged. This could be supported by built in features like additional info about the sectors they entering, increased rewards, etc.   

“Third, the Cruiser vs. Cruiser battle type you have suggested wouldn’t really work too well now, it would work a lot better in 1.2 when we had a lot more players, also seems like it would be a waste of time, seeing as I haven’t found any (may have skipped over it on accident) rewards or sector taxes. Without having any benefit from this system, nobody would use it, if nobody would use it, why would it ever be implemented?”

I did mention increased rewards and taxes in my suggestion. Of course there needs to be something for the players in it or else no one would be interested.

However, I don’t think it would be a waste of time. OS rework is coming anyway, why not add a few more things to it. Also, I see more and more people in OS lately, many of them with station protection disabled.

#3 Intruder patrol: This sounds like it would waste all of the dupes.”

I’m not sure what you mean here. If there is an intruder (enemy) cruiser in the sector then, in order to remove it from there, someone has to send another cruiser there, which can be used for undocking. During cruiser fight the owners on both sides can use their cruisers as spawn points. No need for duplicators. Everyone else would need to fly there or use duplicators however.   

#4 Ally patrol: Allies should be able to claim one sector tax token on other people’s sectors that they defend.”

Sure thing. It was also suggested. I think I mentioned shared taxes with the sector owner.

#5 Alien patrol: Defilers only come into sectors to destroy them, this would be blurring their power and authority, they would become instead of a powerful boss enemy into just another enemy cruiser but with green instead.

This was just another option. But I think it would finally give some purpose of aliens and defiles. We are destroying them in spec ops, why not in OS too. Defiler attack times and locations could be shown in chat and on map as a warning, and any random player could go and fight side by side with other players, even if they are enemies otherwise. And of course for some hefty reward. Station protection could be given to everybody in these sectors for those times.  

“Introduction of an in-game alliance system: Not a whole lot of players left, but I can see this still being useful….”

“I suggest we use a system of war declarations, where one corporation can declare war on another (will take 24 hours to begin), and it will last 1 week (players of opposed corporations killing each other will reset the timer) unless one of the corporation surrenders (will take 50 players killed by enemy players, or 2 weeks). Players can fight in Sector Conquest to defend an allied sector…”

The war declaration might work. This could be an event-like system for sure. Rather short event, max one week. And alliances should provide other benefits to their members in OS for example.

“War of Alliances: Only place I could see players fighting in a “war” is the same place it happened in 2014-2016. Right outside the station, or in sectors one jump away.”

It would be different with cruiser introduced. Undocking would not be restricted to a few sectors anymore.

“I cannot see monthly/weekly organized battles between corporations….”

Why? It is basically the same as your ‘war declaration’. Okay, it could be maybe for just once a month. But, it is basically only a “war” between players of corporations within opposing alliances. A semi-automated system. Players would temporarily get a special marking next to their names. These players could focus more on destroying or defending each other in any mode they met. There would not be necessary to introduce any new game mode. It’s just an additional perk for corporations and alliances. And as always, all for bonus rewards, titles, etc.  

“Multi-window UI: it would also be good if we could move windows around.”

Oh, yes. This would be essential.

“Crew system: Personally, I think the implants need to get a buff.”

NO! ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

“1.Cruiser vs. Cruiser PvP/SecCon/OS: No cruisers in SecCon, the new SecCon is specially designed for huge 11km ships, cruisers just aren’t large enough for this game mode to work, it would essentially just become a rush to put as much dps on the enemy cruiser as soon as the battle starts, every time.”

Cruiser SecCon mode would give a chance to new corporations to build something for sector conquest before the dreadnought. Maybe it would not be used for capturing a sector but some other mode between corporations separate from dreads.

Also cruisers should be different from dreads with unique traits and abilities that would make cruiser fights fun.

SecCon is already a ‘rush and do damage’ mode most of the time anyway.

“Team battle with cruisers: seems unnecessary to me.”

Maybe. It could be a nice addition to the current team battle scenery though.

“Cruiser capture: We don’t even have a capture the flag mode yet. Once a team captures the cruiser they would just AOE so nobody else can capture, and nobody could kill the team that capped because the cruiser has auto defenses.”

Yes. That is why I made alternative suggestions of it being merely a 3rd party in battle that is always hostile to both sides. Or, other option, that there would be capture points on the cruiser but control over cruiser weapons could not be gained.  

“Cruiser SecCon: No, cruisers are too small for a map to be based entirely around them.”

NO! ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Also, there still could be other objects (rocks e.g.) on the map.

Oh. A new idea: You talked about something that would allow players to navigate their cruisers on different paths . How about??? This mode could use maps with predetermined jumping points for cruisers. So, during the fight, cruisers could change position by jumping around. This jumping could have a recharging time of course. This would give a chance of focusing fire to different areas of the cruisers. Meanwhile players could choose between controlling their ships or cruiser weapons.

“2.Cage fight in PvP or OS: we already have dogfights?”

Well, nothing like the one I suggested.

“PvP battle: If the enemy team’s doors close when they send someone in, the enemy players could just enter another player from the other team’s side while their doors are still open.”

There is no need to differentiate between ‘doors’. Players of both sides could enter through any of them depending on which one they can use safely while the main battle outside may change its location around the ‘Cage’.   

“Also what if someone just spawn camps their doors from inside so nobody can get in? just take a guard or something with pulsar, mass inhibitor, mine fields, and a proxy mortar, and just like that one player has carried an entire battle.”

That’s what multiple doors are for. Also objects and buildings inside and outside give cover. And finally, I mentioned that the two hemispheres of the globe could rotate slowly. That would solve this problem for sure. Another idea is that not the two half of the sphere but a sphere within the sphere would rotate and change entering points or make impossible to camp those.

“The ‘Cage’ in OS: custom battles exist in part for this purpose.”

C’mon. This would provide some variety and random fun to OS while getting rewarded too.

“3.In Hyperspace – The chase (Spec Ops): If it’s the cruiser and defiler that are in hyperspace, wouldn’t anyone undocking from the cruiser just get rocketed towards the back of the map at 3,000,000km/s?”

It’s too late for using real physics in the game, don’t you think.

Also, if you traveled with a constant speed in space and dropped an object, wouldn’t this object also moved to the same direction with a same speed in a hypothetical absolute vacuum with no friction or gravity? My concern would be that no light could reach to the ships form the opposite direction of their destination so everything should be pitch black behind them.

I also mentioned that in this SpecOps mode players would not be forced to follow the two big ships like in SecCon.

“8-12 isn’t small, 12 is the largest a group can get…”

My mistake. I wanted to say 4-8.

“Also again, if wrecks and rocks can fly past at insane speeds, wouldn’t everything else that doesn’t also have a warp drive also be thrown out of the map?”

Rocks and wrecks would actually be static but the ships would fly by really fast. But c’mon. Don’t be picky. Then, lets say, these ships and objects got caught in a mysterious stream of energy in hyperspace that moves everything, some faster while some slower than the others.  

“Also Defilers don’t even use warp drives, they tear holes in the spacetime continuum because they are so advanced that they are spacetime’s masters.”

This time they do. And besides, how could a ship chase another one that is in hyperspace if not by travelling in hyperspace as well. Maybe the Defiler is chasing the cruiser, so it is forced to use a less advanced drive mode.

“Again, this would blur their power and authority as a force to be reckoned with. Also we already have a Spec Ops against the defiler.”

Aliens are already losing their territories. And why not having another Spec Ops map. The two we have starts to be a bit too old.

“I get where a lot of this is coming from, but I feel like this would end up replacing Sector Conquest in a way.”

On the contrary. I mentioned, that sector conquest should remain a dreadnought business, ownership of sectors should be decided by them. Dreads only need an upgrade. More modules, weapons, more ways to customize them, etc.

Cruisers would mostly refresh and support the OS mode and the inter-corporate actions.  OS rework is in the making so I decided to share my ideas.

“The plan below, in theory, would add a new element to Open Space that players could use, but it wouldn’t become the new “reason” for being in a corporation, players wouldn’t even need to be in a corporation…”

Yes, it is true. OS should not be a reason for being in a corp. But there needs to be more in what the game provides for corporations. Other than a few battles with a dreadnought that no one else can do anything with, except CEOs and VPs is and that is not much either, is just disgraceful to SecCon mode and the corporation feature as a whole.   

In response to response:

Spoiler

„Corporate Trading: I suggest if we use this, we should have a system with new Dreadnought components designed by specific factions, where only a corporation that has a Dreadnought of that faction can manufacture them….”

Yes, it would be nice to have more faction specific dread modules and weapons but I don’t think it these should be allowed to be traded with corps with dreads of other factions. Just keep this mode a little more diverse. It is already too plain and differences among dreads are small. Which is due to balance issues I guess.

Also, why don’t we have alien tech Ellydium weapons for dreads yet?

If a corporate trading option was added, I think it would be good to add a more specific reason to use it over standard trading. Differences among dreads are indeed small, but are still significant enough to win or lose a battle. We don’t have alien tech for dreads yet because there isn’t much of a reason to make assets for them if they probably don’t even have ideas on an Ellydium dread yet.

“Why not just use the old system where people could team up from different corporations in the same squad, then if they won they would all get SecCon victory rewards (the 10-20k vouchers)?..”

Oh, no. It was a good thing that they removed this option. I really hated it when we attacked a corp and ended up fighting one of their officers and 7 others, mostly OP players, from other corps. Or the other way around, when we defended and got a selected OP bunch.

My OS cruiser battle mode would provide a similar feature for this. Players (friends, allies, etc.) could choose to fight for each other in a SecCon like battle mode but in OS. Also,    

Well I don’t mean like the old SecCon, now it isn’t about what corp is where and who “fights for what corp” because every corp’s players points are assigned to the sectors that specific corp choses to assign them to (or random if none). Doesn’t matter about who is on what team as much now because SecCon works as a public queue system now, you can have a team of 8 random people. You can still get the 7 OP players on the team with the 1 officer, but even if they’re in a group it doesn’t affect how sectors are won. I still think they should add grouping back, that way if two smaller corps had a 4 man group each (or something to that effect), they could combine their efforts rather than have to fight each other.

“Real time sector battles in Open Space: I suggest a system with new sectors, special pockets of universe that open at randomized intervals…”

First of all, with your version it would not be real time then. I wanted to give purpose to OS: corporate docking in any sector, real time presence of corps, direct influence in owned sectors, etc.

Second, I wanted it to be less resource consuming to devs. Already existing maps would get additional features… “easy”.:wink: Your version would require the rework or duplication of the whole game universe.

I like the ‘Jump Beacon’ though. If nothing, then at least such feature should be implemented for letting corporations use their sectors for something. Once a sector is captured, their members would be allowed to jump into that map via a navigation beacon from the stations or any OS location.

How so would it not be real time? Any player can go there and do stuff, it wouldn’t be turn based… “I chose to move my ship at 700m/s this direction for the 1 second that I have a turn, and I will activate my Repair Kit S module” “You can’t do that” “Why not?” “You don’t have the acceleration speed to get to 700m/s in 1 second, and you don’t have the energy to afterburn for 1 second and use your Repair Kit S at the same time.” “Oh.” It would just be a separate space that people could only access if a portal there opened in the same sector as them (as noted in 5.6.1 when further thought was invested in the idea), and once one person was in there anyone in the same group could also go in there if the first person to go in has a Jump Beacon. As far as resource consuming to the devs, yes, my idea would require a lot of time to make, but we know they already have the assets for everything that would be used and we know they have the ability to place things around wherever they want, all they would have to do is create some spawn points for the objects and have them generate in a randomly selected spawn point.

#1 Cruiser patrol: …. Most sectors are too crowded with objects, and host too little space for this to be feasible.”

I think it is much easier and faster to expand maps with empty space for cruiser than making an entire map system. Cruiser weapon range is about 6-7 km so there would not be necessary to add too much extension, where it needed ofc. Also, cruiser should be placed somewhere to the edge region of the maps to avoid them interfering much with the usual player farming. Cruisers could also circle around each other instead of flying through the whole map. Maybe their path could differ from map to map. Or they could be static as you said as well. But with defilers and the appearance of cruiser during an event devs showed us already how well it could work anyway.

Hard points and player selected routes would make this too complicated. Also, it is unnecessary and would not give much to the game experience. Cruiser movements should be automated.

Not all sectors have the option to be expanded. Take for example Threshold or Lava Spines, expanding those wouldn’t do much of anything unless they were expanded so large that each object had like 10 seconds travel time between them at 700m/s and places like Base Ellydium which have separated structures that have an overall shape would be really messed up, not to mention all the AI flight paths that would have to be remapped and loot spawn points. I’m not sure how would this transfer into PvP and PvE maps either. I would more than anything hate if this happened in a sector I have to escort a transport in, for example escorting through Ice Pits which already takes 10 minutes or escorting through Base Ellydium which already takes 20. Perhaps not player selected routes, but I don’t see any problem with hardpoints (we have buildable hardpoints in PvE missions and almost every sector already has turrets of some kind, New Eden also used to have floating turret hardpoints littering the sector, so its not like it hasn’t been done before). I wouldn’t recommend making the hardpoints customizable as far as what weapons you can put on them or anything, but I personally think it would be a nice addition.

#2 Cruiser vs. Cruiser: Second reason I proposed the system above is because this would become rather chaotic. Imagine you’re just flying through space to your daily mission, and someone declares war on you, then they move their cruiser to the sector your mission is in, and there is nothing you can do because you’re flying say, a rank 4 or something.”

I would add a few more new things here: Players should have the option to choose not to participate in any of the corporate matters and any modes of ‘corporate relations’ would not affect them. Or, this option could only be available for OS mode. Of course, using protected mode should be discouraged by reduced OS rewards.

Then what’s the point of being in a corp if you’re not going to participate? You made a good point here: ““Not every corporation will tell their members about what is going on in game politics, I see this easily driving away players who are new to Open Space.”

That’s the point of being in a corp. If one does not care, then no need to join a corp. Players’ involvement in their corp’s actions should always be encouraged. This could be supported by built in features like additional info about the sectors they entering, increased rewards, etc.   “

Reenable PvP in 5.3.2, disable mysterious containers in r7 non-pvp sectors, decrease loot prices in r7 and r1 sectors, that way the more dangerous the sector, the better the rewards.

“Third, the Cruiser vs. Cruiser battle type you have suggested wouldn’t really work too well now, it would work a lot better in 1.2 when we had a lot more players, also seems like it would be a waste of time, seeing as I haven’t found any (may have skipped over it on accident) rewards or sector taxes. Without having any benefit from this system, nobody would use it, if nobody would use it, why would it ever be implemented?”

I did mention increased rewards and taxes in my suggestion. Of course there needs to be something for the players in it or else no one would be interested.

However, I don’t think it would be a waste of time. OS rework is coming anyway, why not add a few more things to it. Also, I see more and more people in OS lately, many of them with station protection disabled.

Still seems like something big that not a whole lot of people would use (to me). First the devs have to come up with cruiser models (unless they’re just going to use the Pirate Cruiser model for everything), then whoever builds one and uses it would have a lot of upkeep for putting a cruiser in a sector and defending it from other cruisers. Every day people would have to fly out into Open Space (even if just undocking from their cruiser) and go do a PvE with no reward other than keeping their territory the taxes are really high (higher than the highest reward in credits from any current sectors, 250k) people would be losing money by dying to fight off cruisers for a sector that doesn’t even pay for itself. Not sure how this would work.

This was just another option. But I think it would finally give some purpose of aliens and defiles. We are destroying them in spec ops, why not in OS too. Defiler attack times and locations could be shown in chat and on map as a warning, and any random player could go and fight side by side with other players, even if they are enemies otherwise. And of course for some hefty reward. Station protection could be given to everybody in these sectors for those times.  

Bosses (Cruisers and Defilers) drop 6 containers in Open Space, each container holding junk. I ran a few defiler hunting groups in Open Space, after learning there was no loot from it and the Defiler doesn’t even give synergy, nobody that I currently play with (I don’t currently play with you so I can’t say that you won’t) would waste their time with it when they can just do a specops. These rewards would have to be better than the devs would be willing (they won’t even give us more than 10,000,000 credits for a forum competition lasting 4 weeks, you can get 10M credits in an hour or two (or 3 if you don’t have an efficient strategy)).

“I cannot see monthly/weekly organized battles between corporations….”

Why? It is basically the same as your ‘war declaration’. Okay, it could be maybe for just once a month. But, it is basically only a “war” between players of corporations within opposing alliances. A semi-automated system. Players would temporarily get a special marking next to their names. These players could focus more on destroying or defending each other in any mode they met. There would not be necessary to introduce any new game mode. It’s just an additional perk for corporations and alliances. And as always, all for bonus rewards, titles, etc.  

The war declaration system I proposed in 3.5 would last indefinitely unless the warring corporations were active enough to stop the war (Thus a corp couldn’t squirrel its way out of any situation just by waiting it out). This would not be a “monthly/weekly event” it would go on forever until manually stopped, more like a change to a way of life rather than an event, a sort of way to get the players who DO play the game to join corporations that also play the game instead of staying in their inactive ones. The only scheduled events I can ever see happen in this game are Special Operations and Sector Conquest (daily at the same time, done automatically). As for the reason why I don’t see monthly/weekly events happening, there’s really not a whole lot of players, and its far easier to do daily events that everyone else already does than to create a new event that the majority of players won’t join (either doing the daily events while the weekly event is active, or away taking a break from the game after doing the daily events). Maybe if this was in 1.2 corps would be more inclined to do this (ex: practice runs in Custom Battles every week between large corps that are no longer possible because no corp is large enough to have enough players who would be remotely interested in this).

“Crew system: Personally, I think the implants need to get a buff.”

NO! 

I at least want the r14 implants to be fixed after the latest nerf (made them almost useless).

“1.Cruiser vs. Cruiser PvP/SecCon/OS: No cruisers in SecCon, the new SecCon is specially designed for huge 11km ships, cruisers just aren’t large enough for this game mode to work, it would essentially just become a rush to put as much dps on the enemy cruiser as soon as the battle starts, every time.”

Cruiser SecCon mode would give a chance to new corporations to build something for sector conquest before the dreadnought. Maybe it would not be used for capturing a sector but some other mode between corporations separate from dreads.

Also cruisers should be different from dreads with unique traits and abilities that would make cruiser fights fun.

SecCon is already a ‘rush and do damage’ mode most of the time anyway.

Cruisers are so small, on a Dreadnought you can have one person run to the front of the ship to distract while another person runs to the back to complete an objective, but in a battle revolving around cruisers being the center of attention, a single player could defend the entire cruiser. There would have to be 0 radar (Dreadnought Battles already have -65% radar and its still really easy to see where people are, but it’s a good balance (for once)) or something, otherwise 7 destroyers could just mosey their way over to your cruiser while they leave 1 tackler on their cruiser that could see anything that comes near it and be within weapons range of it even if its on the opposite end of the ship. Also, SecCon isn’t so much a ‘rush and do damage’ mode if the teams are balanced, there’s a lot of strategies involved, running in all guns blazing doesn’t work too well if the enemy is defending (it would be different here because on a cruiser, everything is really close to everything else, just send in a few covertops and drop some nukes or destroyers with photon emitters and then everything is dead just like that.

“Cruiser SecCon: No, cruisers are too small for a map to be based entirely around them.”

NO! 

Also, there still could be other objects (rocks e.g.) on the map.

Oh. A new idea: You talked about something that would allow players to navigate their cruisers on different paths . How about??? This mode could use maps with predetermined jumping points for cruisers. So, during the fight, cruisers could change position by jumping around. This jumping could have a recharging time of course. This would give a chance of focusing fire to different areas of the cruisers. Meanwhile players could choose between controlling their ships or cruiser weapons.

I still think they would be too small, a few photon emitters and the fight would be over before it began. With dreadnoughts you get a good distance between each part of the ship, a photon emitter can certainly still deal the same damage, but things are generally spread far enough to avoid everything being hit by splash.

“2.Cage fight in PvP or OS: we already have dogfights?”

Well, nothing like the one I suggested.

I suppose, but it seems like something we can get by without adding a whole game mode for. If we wanted this enough we could just use something like Iridium Strand and set unofficial game rules both teams would follow, that only two people could go into the ball thing at once and everyone else fight outside.

“PvP battle: If the enemy team’s doors close when they send someone in, the enemy players could just enter another player from the other team’s side while their doors are still open.”

There is no need to differentiate between ‘doors’. Players of both sides could enter through any of them depending on which one they can use safely while the main battle outside may change its location around the ‘Cage’.   

So then potentially either team could still send in more than 1 player?

“The ‘Cage’ in OS: custom battles exist in part for this purpose.”

C’mon. This would provide some variety and random fun to OS while getting rewarded too.

Rewarded with what?

“Also Defilers don’t even use warp drives, they tear holes in the spacetime continuum because they are so advanced that they are spacetime’s masters.”

This time they do. And besides, how could a ship chase another one that is in hyperspace if not by travelling in hyperspace as well. Maybe the Defiler is chasing the cruiser, so it is forced to use a less advanced drive mode.

I feel as if it would just open up a portal, go through, and come out somewhere infront of the cruiser so they collide (defiler can’t take collision damage and deals like 100,000,000 collision damage if you so much as touch the front of it). Jokes aside, I would prefer either cruiser vs a new alien or a dreadnought vs defiler.

So then potentially either team could still send in more than 1 player?

Not at all. Once a team member is inside, the gates are closed for that team. It’s just that any gate could be used by both teams but only when there is no friendly player already inside.  

On 4.12.2017 at 1:21 PM, Koromac said:

They won’t read it, but I would, and I did!

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania but why