AI Companion.

I would like to suggest that there be an AI slot for open space, a companion that will fly one of your own ships and attack those who attack you, or who you attack. It’ll use the ship you select down to the modules and even the crew members that you want the AI to use, but it cannot use the same ship as you. Put it up as a premium option, if you must, but this would be interesting to have. :slight_smile:

As a side note, if the number can be increased to 2, or even 3, companions, this would be a very entertaining option for ship collectors.

OS alone is boring and dangerous, but i don’t thing a IA companion is needed. It’s better if you form a squad with corp teammates. A way to find someone to fly OS besides corp teammates could be chat… but i won’t give you too much high expectations. There is a lot of room to improvements in chat.

Eh, finding people to join you isn’t a problem. This is for a similar purpose, but it’s not that one.

This will provide some players with a sort of pride in their ship builds and in the ships themselves.

I’d love to have a squad of my ships with me, all sporting my custom colours.

+9999999 to this. I’d love to have my squad flying with me. X3

(And other pilots aren’t very reliable and just suck up your loot. This game is turning single-player and you know it.)

I’d love to see such a thing. I don’t have friends, AI flying my own fleet would instantly be my friends. AI are love, AI are life.

I’d love to see such a thing. I don’t have friends, AI flying my own fleet would instantly be my friends. AI are love, AI are life.

Poor Maxwell.

• to the suggestion. I’d love to fly a little fleet. And I think that battles between players are going to be a lot funnier. 

Guys!!!

I just had an incredible idea:

The maximum number of ships you can fly at the same time could be the number of your crew slots.

Or, you could fly only gold-prestiged ships (Jasan Quin’s idea)

I remember this has been brought up some time ago. Flying in formation with other own ships would be fun. Especially if there was an option for jumping from one ship to another so we could choose which ship to control. Many solo space games work that way. The sector jumping mechanism and limitations in OS capacity would cause a serious mess though.

(And other pilots aren’t very reliable and just suck up your loot. This game is turning single-player and you know it.)

Right on spot. Squadding in OS for any other reason than to group-kill other players makes no sense.

I remember this has been brought up some time ago. Flying in formation with other own ships would be fun. Especially if there was an option for jumping from one ship to another so we could choose which ship to control. Many solo space games work that way. The sector jumping mechanism and limitations in OS capacity would cause a serious mess though.

I don’t think so. When you jump from sector to sector, the companions could simply be destroyed and respawned, while storing in some variables their inventory. But then the game should recognize when the ships get destroyed by players/other AI (=drop loot) and when they are simply jumping from a sector (=keep loot)

still waiting for this