Adjusting usefulness of Light Coil Mortar and Command Passive

Some Command ships have a passive bonus that decreases the energy consumption of command modules. This is a borderline useless bonus and I’d like it to be replaced with something else. Increased energy regeneration, Command module effectiveness or range would be far more useful. Right now, this bonus devaluates these ships.

Spoiler

bonus.jpg.8b5090a3e4af1bb787c5c9680c3d915f.jpg

My second suggestion is about the Light Coil Mortar. There are 2 reasons why this weapon is incredibly weak:

Firstly, íts cooldown time is much, much too high for a fighter weapon. This weapon has a very high spread, so burst fire is mandatory. However, the burst delay is magnified by a three second cooldwon time.

I suggest that the cooldown time should be reduced to 2 seconds, maybe even 1.5 seconds. This would give players using this weapon a much better experience.

Secondly, The explosion radius is too low for a weapon with such limited projectile velocity. It could also be the case, that the proximity fuses of the shells dont work properly. Either way, the weapon seems to behave like a nonexplosive weapon with low bullet speed, making it impossible to hit most things that are smaller than a frigate.

The proximity fuse either needs to get fixed, or the explosion radius has to be increased to maybe 200m. The Light Coil Mortar should function like a frigate Coil Mortar with spread, not like a bad Assault Railgun.

Spoiler

mortar.jpg.a1647ebaed2d16b68794db6c86819b72.jpg

Please give me feedback!

Nothing? No love for explosive weapons and ships that are not gunships? ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

I suppose what the reduced energy consumption intended to do is for you to still be able to activate some buffs even when Diffusion Shield is up. But well… no one would actually do that on purpose…

I am more upset about the spread on Light Coil. The spread changes from minimum to maximum within like 2-3 shots, and takes FOREVER to reduce back to minimum.

36 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

I suppose what the reduced energy consumption intended to do is for you to still be able to activate some buffs even when Diffusion Shield is up. But well… no one would actually do that on purpose…

I am more upset about the spread on Light Coil. The spread changes from minimum to maximum within like 2-3 shots, and takes FOREVER to reduce back to minimum.

Yeah, high spread, long cooldown/spread cooldown and low-ish explosion radius. The proxi mortar has higher spread, but a much more managable spread cooldown coupled with a greater explosion radius…

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

Yeah, high spread, long cooldown/spread cooldown and low-ish explosion radius. The proxi mortar has higher spread, but a much more managable spread cooldown coupled with a greater explosion radius…

A 3k extra shield with no resistance can perhaps withstand half, maybe one, second of fire from a single normal ship.

That, the gigantic spread, and the 750m range makes it very limited in utility. 

I’d take the Phaser over this any day ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) 

One way that could improve the weapon would be change the explosion upon contact into explosion upon entering trigger range. So it will be a true “proximity” mortar, detonating the charge if any enemy ship is within range.

but that could lead to its own balance issues. After so long since release, I doubt the devs are willing to make major changes to it.

4 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

A 3k extra shield with no resistance can perhaps withstand half, maybe one, second of fire from a single normal ship.

That, the gigantic spread, and the 750m range makes it very limited in utility. 

I’d take the Phaser over this any day ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) 

One way that could improve the weapon would be change the explosion upon contact into explosion upon entering trigger range. So it will be a true “proximity” mortar, detonating the charge if any enemy ship is within range.

but that could lead to its own balance issues. After so long since release, I doubt the devs are willing to make major changes to it.

The proxi mortar already works like that, and i dont think its overpowered. Besides, command ships with strong weapons arent really able to abuse weapon mechanics anyways.

3 hours ago, Scar6 said:

The proxi mortar already works like that, and i dont think its overpowered. Besides, command ships with strong weapons arent really able to abuse weapon mechanics anyways.

Cough, Liquidator-X.

sadly there is no way to speed up the cooldown rate. Those buffs marked as “increase weapon cooling rate” in reality only increase the time before overheating, and has no effect on the actual cooldown :confused:

1 hour ago, Schwarzschild said:

sadly there is no way to speed up the cooldown rate. Those buffs marked as “increase weapon cooling rate” in reality only increase the time before overheating, and has no effect on the actual cooldown :confused:

Not true,

there are 2 types of bonuses:

1. “Time to weapon heating increased xx%” - This increases the time before weapon hit overheat like every ECM has it or, for example, a Lightbringer.

2. “Weapon cooling rate increased by XX%” - This reduces the amount of time that weapon takes to cooldown (rate at which it drops overheat)

4 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Not true,

there are 2 types of bonuses:

1. “Time to weapon heating increased xx%” - This increases the time before weapon hit overheat like every ECM has it or, for example, a Lightbringer.

2. “Weapon cooling rate increased by XX%” - This reduces the amount of time that weapon takes to cooldown (rate at which it drops overheat)

Pray tell, which module has the second effect? I couldn’t find it on any Command fighter

Only ship I’ve found is on Inquisitor, which is a Guard frigate.

None of the Command ships so far has this