Add back corporate iridium (Resolved)

Recently, I several of my members noticed a steady decline in our corporate iridium fund. I couldn’t figure it out for a while until I realized that the missions giving iridium to the corporation when a pilot does something in pvp  or whatever they were (50 iridium per mission). Not all corporations have players that have enough personal iridium after buying caches to give their iridium to the corporation. I have several of my members running sector conquest in time zones I can no longer participate in, and they go after resources other than iridium, so they don’t get any iridium to replenish the iridium spent on moving the dreadnought. I now have to either ask all of my members to fight AND WIN 2 battles in a t4 50 iridium reward sector before they queue for the battle in the sector with rewards they actually want, and give all but 5 of their iridium rewards from each of the previous two battles (granted they win) to the corporation to recover what was spent on moving the dreadnought, OR, I have to demote all of my members to ensure they can no longer A) queue in groups for sector conquest and B) spend iridium moving the dreadnought. I could replenish the iridium myself through special operations, but only if I A) have time to do them that day and B) get on in time to get into the group before they’re full, and that leaves me with no iridium to spend on the much-needed caches. This change was unprecedented and uncalled for. Corporations having iridium has never been an issue in the past, and it still isn’t an issue today. When dreadnoughts were incorporated, players were given contracts that gave iridium to help fuel the development of their dreadnoughts, why suddenly take it away? Any new corporations are going to have to create their shipyards and dreadnoughts through personal funds! This is ridiculous. The missions granting iridium rewards need to be reincorporated.

If you think this is not something that should happen, please tell me why.

How to even give Iridium to my corporation, now??? Is there a menu point? Where? Can somebody tell me?

They should bring this daily task back! I completely agree!

Even corporation, like [SRS], we started to feel the effects of losing Iridium each and every day. We are now down by almost 1000 units, from 50k to 49k Iridium.

While it is fair to make players work for their rewards, players’ iridium is stretched much too thin with this update, as corporate investments require a large amount of iridium. For new corporations, it will be nearly impossible for them to build and upgrade a dreadnought and still have enough iridium for caches.
OP makes another good point that this system was in place before, and was not known to cause any problems (that I’m aware of), and then it was taken away without any explanation or any given reason why.

With the very few ways a pilot can gain iridium in this update (first victory, spec ops, sector conquest), there is only so much that a player can earn per day, regardless of how hard they may try. On the other hand, they can unlock and open as many caches as they want (provided they have the iridium), which means that players always feel short on iridium, and therefore they do not have any to donate to corporations.

This might not seem like a big deal, but it does have some unnecessarily tough implications.

10 hours ago, burning_panda said:

While it is fair to make players work for their rewards, players’ iridium is stretched much too thin with this update, as corporate investments require a large amount of iridium. For new corporations, it will be nearly impossible for them to build and upgrade a dreadnought and still have enough iridium for caches.
OP makes another good point that this system was in place before, and was not known to cause any problems (that I’m aware of), and then it was taken away without any explanation or any given reason why.

From what I noticed (but still unofficial).

Some players were asking about converting that mission to give iridium to players as when dreadnought was completed all that iridium was going to waste. This mission (giving 50 iridium to corp account) was removed, but to compensate - all purple slots in SpecOps are now have a very high chance (over 90%) of giving iridium (once in a while a monocrystal reward my drop). So in case of Defiler - that’s between 37 and 100 extra iridium (with mean value ~50) and in case of Destroyer when played on all difficulties it’s between 100 and 300 (with the mean value of ~170) extra per day. Also dread battles are now a pretty good iridium source (30 per T3 Dread battle, 50 per T4 Dread battle). So in summary - instead of a mission that will be almost completely useless when the dreadnought is completed, now you have tasks that can grant significant increase in iridium gain in long run, when the dreadnought is completed, but it’s up to the corporation members to decide how fast they want their dreadnought to be completed and CEOs to convince members about the donations.

However I agree that some form of corporate iridium in form of additional task would help.

does not mean the passive corporate income has to be removed, as it cripples evolving corporations with members who still need personal iridium aswell, while exactly those, where “it would go to waste” actually could afford it but wont need it anyway.

but imho, there does not need to be a reason to compensate at all, because iridium drops were too low, anyway and overall. so new personal drops are appreciated, and it rather feels fair now, but its not like iridium flows like it did in the times before that either. its still a somewhat rare resource.

you still need to pay iridium personally for a lot of corporation options, so the corp iridium is only for dreads. if there is no mission, and all should work via donations, imho that should be changed to use corp iridium for all corp iridium stuff (except founding).

it maybe could be completely passive feature of win of the day, and only come up in the status, and if we are at logos, might even deserve its own variation of an icon.

disclaimer: our dread is completely built, our roster usually only 50% full, our corp set up, so its not about my own needs.

Totally agreed, they should bring Corp. iridium back. Working(doing missions) for your corp is different from donating to your corp. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

On 3/30/2018 at 11:28 PM, EliteArsum said:

Totally agreed, they should bring Corp. iridium back. Working(doing missions) for your corp is different from donating to your corp. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I do agree that those missions should stay as they were. What’s the point of being in a corporation if you no longer have a daily task?

Well they added it back, it took over a month, but its back now…