2019 Behemoth Ronin: WolfKhanGeneral

Enjoy~

Behemoth is hiring Ronin pilots. Come Forth~

PVP Build

Shield regeneration is at 412.5 p/s using the 12c implant. using the actives, resistances are much higher than seen. 

Use alone to take down fleeing enemies or in a group of 6 Ronins for consistent group invisibility and higher resistances when using spectre field. 

Also, Supreme focus fire with a gun that will hit even the swiftest of inties. 

jPWv30T.jpg

iTt1q5I.jpg

T8sJyO8.jpg

ArI99Bd.jpg

uZQYdGZ.jpg

YDbqITm.jpg

I hate to be negative but… this is horrible.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, WolfKhanGeneral said:

Shield regeneration is at 412.5 p/s

Situational. Any amount of damage from any gun in Star Conflict will over power this. It’s useless. 

using the actives, resistances are much higher than seen. 

Again situational, its for a short time, not always.

Use alone to take down fleeing enemies

No. This is total trash. I can take this thing down in a Palom. 

Guards are meant to be brick walls, this is a wall of JELL-O

On my Ronin, I have 50k Shield at 150 resistance at all times for an average of 66% damage reduction.

Regeneration is from anywhere of 22000 with modules or 17,000 with extra regeneration.

I tank every guard, every destroyer and win.

Sorry, but no. Regeneration guards unless made to do so(1500+/sec like the Object in ways) WILL NEVER be viable.

Specter field is total garbage, it increases your resistance but screws you from Capturing, planting a bomb or flat out doing your job really. Wasted slot. 

Mass Driver is one of the easiest counters in the game, shields have a high natural damage resistance to kinetic, and with my build you would be dealing… 155 damage per second, where as I would be dealing 3000+.

No.

192 Pts on average to each designed phase shield location.

47k Shield HP at  16k HP over 29 second cooldown, abiding by a 8460 shield regeneration in 8 seconds, pulsar for massive resistance and energy convert for big hits.

Dag’nith for slowdown and easy guaranteed hits. 

Torpedo for energy convert+torpedo scam = you dead.

You would die, every day, every second against someone that knows how to build a guard. 

20190423081716_1.jpg.ad24346fa437cc5ad998eac8d1877c1d.jpg

I know where you’re coming from; however, you are welcome to take on this teambuild 1 vs 1, or against a 1 vs 1 build of my own. or both ; )

That being said, this is overall a build that takes down interceptors and fighters alone. frigates and higher is very situational. it’s best when the group of ronins are present. in basic games or even in great teamplay, you will take down those that rush in to kill that would have left with minimal health, and you will make it hard for them to even casually attack cause when used correctly, they can’t dodge. it also works wonders as a suppression weapon keeping the enemy not wanting to charge in. For higher dps situations the missile beam and the active energy converter does their jobs. Tbh, your build is also very situational as well. Do remember that this is a build built specifically for a type of gameplay and teamplay; it doesn’t abide by the usual rules. on a note, my builds are always undergoing changes based on my own perceptions of them when thinking about how my future team will use the Ronin in all situations. right now I’m contemplating changing a few small details, but this build is pretty perfect as is for what it would be used for. 

It’s been a while since I’ve had a good 1 vs 1, it’ll give me some insight into whether I should switch out 1 cpu for vernier engines or the 3a implant for the 3c or both. just some small changes, but stuff that could be useful in the long run to increase the situations this build is used for to one more type of gameplay while maybe decreasing the total range by a small margin for the gun. or even just adding in one more hull module for regeneration or anti EM resistances.

In fact I now have another build idea.

I’ll be back to you in a bit once I can get to a computer.

Honestly I dislike when someone uses Spectre Field. It’s useful only in TDM, in all other gamemodes it hurts entire team…

I’m not PvP player, however I see two problems: Wolfhound and interceptors. Mass Driver is meh, it has crap DPS vs frigates and without crits it won’t do much. For interceptors I’ve found Proximity Mortar much better than this. Crit based Proximity Mortar is just deadly vs interceptors but makes you short ranged vs all other enemies. Also, a guard without Vernier is easily outrun in PvP when a fighter/interceptor gets too close.

So, maybe this Ronin could work in PvE/skirmish?

For PvE/vsAI Scimitar is my favorite. Secret Project ships can’t use new modules, Patriarch doesn’t have that much of freedom using new modules. With Scimitar you could go with double resists or Phatom to avoid short high damage bursts(Wolfhound). Double resists are fun, especially in PvE/skirmish when there are a lot of enemies around all the time. The fun fact: Active Missile Shield on Scimitar doubles as a 1801 shield regen every 7,2s. That translates to ~250 shield per second without using so many passive modules, so that alone beats regenerative Ronin in skirmishes/PvE(or in PvE if you insist but lack of Engine slot hurts a lot). So, this Ronin isn’t really better here. However even in skirmish/PvE I’ve found that using at least Auxiliary Shield Projector is a must(or Shield Splitter of course).

Active modules used by @Snerpes are probably one of the best all-around modules for any Guard. I’m using them on my skirmish guards too.

The one thing in which any other guard can’t beat Ronin is the fact that you can make Ronin both hull and shield tank. 3x hull, 3x shield. It will survive a lot of damage in short time. Take Shield Booster and Emergency Shield for regen. No other guard can have such amount of Survivability points with that. Slow but probably tougher than a destroyer. Jericho Guards are helpless without shield, but not Ronin.

Again, I’m not PvP player.

23 hours ago, Gon009 said:

1. Honestly I dislike when someone uses Spectre Field. It’s useful only in TDM, in all other gamemodes it hurts entire team…

1. I’m not PvP player, however I see two problems: Wolfhound and interceptors. Mass Driver is meh, it has crap DPS vs frigates and without crits it won’t do much. For interceptors I’ve found Proximity Mortar much better than this. Crit based Proximity Mortar is just deadly vs interceptors but makes you short ranged vs all other enemies.

1. Also, a guard without Vernier is easily outrun in PvP when a fighter/interceptor gets too close.

1. So, maybe this Ronin could work in PvE/skirmish?

For PvE/vsAI Scimitar is my favorite. Secret Project ships can’t use new modules, Patriarch doesn’t have that much of freedom using new modules. With Scimitar you could go with double resists or Phatom to avoid short high damage bursts(Wolfhound). Double resists are fun, especially in PvE/skirmish when there are a lot of enemies around all the time. The fun fact: Active Missile Shield on Scimitar doubles as a 1801 shield regen every 7,2s. That translates to ~250 shield per second without using so many passive modules, so that alone beats regenerative Ronin in skirmishes/PvE(or in PvE if you insist but lack of Engine slot hurts a lot). So, this Ronin isn’t really better here. However even in skirmish/PvE I’ve found that using at least Auxiliary Shield Projector is a must(or Shield Splitter of course).

Active modules used by @Snerpes are probably one of the best all-around modules for any Guard. I’m using them on my skirmish guards too.

The one thing in which any other guard can’t beat Ronin is the fact that you can make Ronin both hull and shield tank. 3x hull, 3x shield. It will survive a lot of damage in short time. Take Shield Booster and Emergency Shield for regen. No other guard can have such amount of Survivability points with that. Slow but probably tougher than a destroyer. Jericho Guards are helpless without shield, but not Ronin.

Again, I’m not PvP player.

1. For spectre field, kinda like an lrf frigate, it takes knowing when and where to use it. it’s not a module to be used without thought.

1. The mass drivers tend to have an easier time than mortar against inties when set up correctly. Yes we could increase the dmg output and put a bunch of crit while maintaining everything except the range and a little regeneration, but the thing is that it’s not 100% needed; the 5km range that is able to hit anything within its grasp against even quick inties is deadly when used right. using focus fire with this same gun and not much can survive even with high resists. for anything that needs more dps, that’s what the missile slot and energy converter are used for.

1. Venier engines may not be needed. in a group it doesn’t matter nearly as much, and you may always back the rear of the ship against a wall. elsewise even with vernier, you’re gonna get someone hitting your arse. 

1. For pve honestly a slightly different build would need to be used than this one, you could keep the same slots but at least increasing dps by a large margin. this is a straight up pvp setup. For starters on pve, switching the gun to the one that increases crit chance as you fire, switching the two cpu slots to crit chance and crit bonus, switching implants to crit chance and crit bonus as well. spectre field could still be used? but pulsar would be the better option. as for skirmishpve where all the enemies are bots, the pvp setup can be used. as for capturing objects or setting bombs while using spectre field, it depends on personal usage and knowhow when and where and what time is viable to use the module. It’s not to be used by nubs with little experience.

I currently regard the emergency shield booster to be a far too situational active module these days and is more often than not, useless and drains far too much energy when you’re not under fire which could be used on more reliable modules.

The pulsar is great for pve. in terms of pvp, it’s fairly situational and meant for brawler gameplay whereas the spectre field is meant for teamplay which is better for pvp.

Snerpes you talk big, but your build looks like it has allot of flaws. While it would no doubt have a good chance of surviving an initial fight, in terms of long term use, you’re not going to survive the second one. You’d be better off self destructing so you can give the same effort to round 2. my build is centered around being able to stay in the fight and be ready for alll of the rounds the enemy throws at it. it’s meant for skilled players who know how to fly and survive. choose where to fight, and when not to fight. it’s all about knowing your spacial awareness per situation. knowing your enemy’s capabilities as well as your own.

If you use the implants for increased low speed energy regen, decreased module energy consumtion and the shield damage energy regen, then you can use the emergency shield in most situations without thinking about it.

On the Scimitar you can use lightweight hull for a bit more rotation, the unique shield resist things on capacitor and shield and gun controller. Add proxi mortars with good crit and both emergency shield and shield kit. Use a splitter or an aux shield and some em resists on the remaining shield slots. Fill the remaining slots with whatever you like and you end up with not just a stupid harmless tank, but with a very durable and dangerous brawler. Especially if you add the slow aura.

You want to make the greatest use of your big shield resists with good regen, not the passive kind. A big hull underneath might increase your ttk, but it is useless if you shields are up… Which should be all the time. Waste too many slots for a big paper tank and you are just like an asteroid. Tanky, yes, but also harmless.

Well, a guard with tough hull is useless outside PvP, that’s why my Ronin is rotting unused in the hangar. Ronin has that 20k hull that is like a butter if you don’t reinforce it in any way. However when it comes for creating a guard with good shield/damage, Scimitar/Patriarch are better options than Ronin because of unique modules which Ronin can’t use, so it’s kind of pointless creating a Ronin that can do the same or even less than existing guards. Better make something unique with it. My Scimitar has Proximity mortal with 53%/103% crit, it has low range but honestly mortars aren’t too great for longer ranges anyway, I’m rarely using it for PvP but when I trying it worked good anyway. Personally I prefer good shield/damage with ignoring hull but everybody has their playstyles.

20 hours ago, Scar6 said:

a very durable and dangerous brawler.

right now, I’m moving away from the brawler mindset; we’re attempting something more along the lines of a highly defensive and regenerative assassin group that will kill anything in its way with expertise and knowhow of the tools at their disposal and knowledge of the modules at hand.

don’t get me wrong, it is absolutely enjoyable diving headlong to crush enemies again and again, and I did that for quite a few years. right now, however, I intend to try something more dependent on teamplay and skill. some modifications can be made, but a team that’s well organized would be able to make use of this build in a very deadly manner with little odds of ever losing a single ship.