200x400=80.000 GS for a R14 dessi..

Yet these ships, despite being insanely costly, is easily taken down by simple AI in Rank7-10 zones, and if that wasn’t enough,

they are killed in a matter of seconds by a single fighter.

The total cost of a R14 destroyer in credits alone is 70-80 million, and then add the value of all the materials used for crafting the components

as well as the ones you have to buy for GS… you need 20 of those x400GS per.

I’ve seen Sparks that costs literally nothing compared to this, fly up to them an utterly annihilate a Tyrant in seconds.

Basically a ship that costs a fraction of a R14 destroyer can just rip it apart without much effort - how is this considered balanced and not pay-to-win ?.

If a shp that costs vast amounts of resources isn’t suppose to be worth it compared to much cheaper and easier ships to obtain, then what would be

the point of actually building it ?.

And considering the amount of players who’s already built their R14 destroyers, you can’t make them cheaper…  So make them actually WORTH building.

You devs have painted yourself into a corner with this so called “balance”.

It is actually quite simple

2 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

killed in a matter of seconds by a single fighter.

Not possible if the tyrant plays smartly

The total cost of a R14 destroyer in credits alone is 70-80 million

Easily farmable (do two days of pve grind and you have the money (maybe wait for weekly licence))

well as the ones you have to buy for GS… you need 20 of those x400GS per.

There were a lot of events that gave you those for completing the most simle quests (and they will come back eventually)

I’ve seen Sparks that costs literally nothing compared to this

While that may be true in parts, Spark always costs GS and cannot be optained in any other way

resources isn’t suppose to be worth it compared to much cheaper and easier ships to obtain

Well to use a Spark properly you need a certain ammount of skill, that is not given for destroyers, they are the easiest class to play and only playing them horrificly stupid leads to the outcome you are complaining about

And considering the amount of players who’s already built their R14 destroyers, you can’t make them cheaper…

They should not make the destroyers cheaper, they should probably put the destroyer modules, weapons, mods back in the store for credits, where they belong. That way most of the players would actually be able to use a decent setup on their destroyers.

And besides that: The destroyer CPUs don’t cost 80k GS even if you buy them all.

Let’s do the math:

you need 3x *faction* destroyer computing systhem

those require you 5 *faction* destroyer CPU

that cost 400GS each

3x 5x 400 = 6k

Spark costs 12k

12k > 6k

You probably were thinking of *faction* destoyer activator which you need 20 of to craft 1 *faction* destoyer CPU, but that is not the item on the market.

15 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Well to use a Spark properly you need a certain ammount of skill, that is not given for destroyers, they are the easiest class to play and only playing them horrificly stupid leads to the outcome you are complaining about

There is always even the class of pilots that play destroyer in a way everyone rubs their eyes and says … whooh what a class of a dessy player …

I think it takes approx 4.5 sec to take down a tyrant with a singu spark ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”). The number of players still using dessy is so low that I wonder why the dmg boost in close range is still there…

8 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I think it takes approx 4.5 sec to take down a tyrant with a singu spark ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”). The number of players still using dessy is so slow that I wonder why the dmg boost in close range is still there…

I want to try that out with a properly fitted tyrant, because i fail to believe that.

It would take you at LEAST 10 seconds to kill my Tyrant. XD

But in all seriousness, for their cost, they are hideously underpowered. Nobody uses them because both nobody can afford to use them, and they don’t stay alive long enough to be very effective usually.

I can’t believe we are talking about second to kill such a ship xD

But yea, no matter how skilled the player is, when you see a tai’kin dealing 44k of dmg with a doomsday while having 124point of thermal resist (57%) I think something is definitely wrong.

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I can’t believe we are talking about second to kill such a ship xD

But yea, no matter how skilled the player is, when you see a tai’kin dealing 44k of dmg with a doomsday while having 124point of thermal resist (57%) I think something is definitely wrong.

Yup. Your team sucks and allowed an interceptor to close in on your destroyer. 

In all seriousness. Destroyers are costly, but still deadly when used properly in proper situations. I can’t imagine our wing doing dread battle without  a destroyer and usually that dessie doesn’t die once. 

It is true that Vigilant with lasers is no longer the answer to everything. So - are they hard to obtain - pretty much yes. Do they have their place on battlefield? Depends. Are they designed to go 1v1 against aliens in Open Space? No. Predators have similar amount of HP as destroyers and destroyers have too many disadvantages to be optimal vs aliens. 

4 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

I’ve seen Sparks that costs literally nothing compared to this, fly up to them an utterly annihilate a Tyrant in seconds.

Basically a ship that costs a fraction of a R14 destroyer can just rip it apart without much effort - how is this considered balanced and not pay-to-win ?.

Tharga/Lightbringer/Apollo have the same capabilities as Spark in that matter. Also it means that Tyrant pilot sucks if he allowed a gunship to close on him and not warp away from danger. Destroyers have so huge weapon range to be able to engage enemy from behind their own team. 

6 hours ago, niripas said:

Tharga/Lightbringer/Apollo have the same capabilities as Spark in that matter. Also it means that Tyrant pilot sucks if he allowed a gunship to close on him and not warp away from danger. Destroyers have so huge weapon range to be able to engage enemy from behind their own team. 

Fighters should not be doing same or MORE damage then a destroyer OR frigates.

Maybe a gunship should be able to compete with a frigate, but not with a destroyer - but that’s a subject for another discussion.

Maybe a gunship should be able to compete with a frigate, but not with a destroyer - but that’s a subject for another discussion.

Gunship can do but only on duration of overdrive, and that’s that class gimmick, dont forget about destro danger zone. Dont allow it to get close, from >2km you can blow spark in almost single pyro.

12 hours ago, niripas said:

+25% main weapon damage on spark… 25% is a lot

I still vote for destroyers to get closer in line with other ships. The damage buff aura should get removed, repair costs normalized, weapon damage reduced by an average of 20% and their survivability reduced by about 30%.

8 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I still vote for destroyers to get closer in line with other ships. The damage buff aura should get removed, repair costs normalized, weapon damage reduced by an average of 20% and their survivability reduced by about 30%.

At this point I’m for it.

But maybe not the survivability part. They are already squishy af because of ell the modules literally designed to kill them.

I’D say Destroyers should be nearly non-destructable to other ship classes, that is max damage would render them floating bricks in space until they self reapair and can parttake in the battle again.

They should have much more  self heal (shield and hull) and be excluded from certain modes like capture the beacon - on they cannot capture it.

A ship’s effectiveness should reflect it’s cost, simple as that.

When a destroyer (any rank) can fly into open space and get utterly annihilated by pretty much anything,

while a simple guard that can be bought for credits, then you have a problem in balance.

I don’t know about you, but the ONLY reason i would ever invest time and resources to build a destroyer,

it because i want a BETTER SHIP… I want to be able to take my R8 destroyer into a R7+ zone and have it

performing better then my Anaconda-M…   But currently an Archon with 370K EHP gets quickly ripped apart

in any zone where there is enemies such as hunters…  while a guard easily kills them all.

I’ve farmed alien in OS and seen fightergunships rip apart aliens faster then my destroyer could even dream of,

and that’s telling me that Gunships are better dps.  Guard makes better tanks, snipers can outrange…

So then if destoyers are that expensive to build and equip, they should definatly not be that easy

of a target - especially not in open space.  All it takes is ONE agile fighter, and the destroyer

can’t really do anything but wait to get blown up.

Take a Tyrant to any R7-R10 zone with Hunters and see how long you last.

No i don’t expect destroyers to be immortal. I just expect them to be worth building.

And a ship that performs that poorly in OS, isn’t worth the insane amount of money and resources.

1 hour ago, Progenitor2 said:

No.

8 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

Take a Tyrant to any R7-R10 zone with Hunters and see how long you last.

You are right, but other pilots manage it somehow, in destroyers…

depends heavy on pilot skills and build of the ship – so No!

…When a destroyer (any rank) can fly into open space and get utterly annihilated by pretty much anything,

while a simple guard that can be bought for credits, then you have a problem in balance.

again, No! because any ship that runs into open can utterly be destroyed -sooner or later - depends on many things (build, range, skills)…

I’ve farmed alien in OS and seen fightergunships rip apart aliens faster then my destroyer could even dream of,

and that’s telling me that Gunships are better dps.  Guard makes better tanks, snipers can outrange…

… thats called balance: let me explain, every ship has its counters and trades speed, survivability, damage per second  (tank,recharge,modules) against each other, so for balance sake you will not get a super damage dealing dessy that is super tanky and fast.

Most probably your build of your destroyer is not optimized for open space. Ask experienced players in the game, they are very kind and like to share and help…

So then if destoyers are that expensive to build and equip, they should definatly not be that easy

of a target - especially not in open space.  All it takes is ONE agile fighter, and the destroyer

can’t really do anything but wait to get blown up…

the vulnerability of destroyers was patched in due to their op-ness or their  troublesome use in PvP etc…

No i don’t expect destroyers to be immortal. I just expect them to be worth building.

And a ship that performs that poorly in OS, isn’t worth the insane amount of money and resources.

That is ok. But its is totally your personal choice.

On 19/01/2018 at 5:53 PM, Progenitor2 said:

And Destroyers should not have an all powerful omnipotent range with ungodly damage. Because I’m sure you’d complain about that too.

6 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

When a destroyer (any rank) can fly into open space and get utterly annihilated by pretty much anything,

You do live on Earth right?

I don’t know about you, but the ONLY reason i would ever invest time and resources to build a destroyer,

it because i want a BETTER SHIP… I want to be able to take my R8 destroyer into a R7+ zone and have it

performing better then my Anaconda-M…   But currently an Archon with 370K EHP gets quickly ripped apart

in any zone where there is enemies such as hunters…  while a guard easily kills them all.

Why the fork are you taking a rank 8 up against hunters? Like why? Also, of course your Anaconda would have an easier time. Archon’s are made for shield tank. You do know aliens use EM right? Anti-shield? The whole gimmick of a Guard ship is to make using just one damage type unwise. On top of that Anaconda-M is more manuverable than flying punching bag. The fact that an Archon doesn’t do that well against aliens is not because it’s broken but because it’s simply not the right ship for the job.

can’t really do anything but wait to get blown up.

OS is not the focus of the game.

And if you get blown up by one fighter that’s your own stupidity.

“You’re own stupidity”

Hey calm down, he’s just giving his point. 

If you have trouble with Hunters in Open Space, try resonating ammunition for double damage, stack EM restistances and use your Wormhole to prevent getting surrounded. The Blaster Turret can be effective at keeping these alien frigates next to you broadside aswell.

You can also make use of police ships and police stations for fire support.

Destroyers in general are not designed to be long range killer ships, thats the job of LRF. Neither are they premier damage dealers, since thats covered by Gunships. They are also not close range area deniel tanks, thats the job of Guards.

Think of destroyers as a long range area denial tool. You can effectively prevent enemy ships from fighting in certain areas of the map due to your high, sustainable damage output of Meson Cannons (and Coilguns). Pyro Emitters can quickly scatter frigballs and the Gravitational Lens (incredibly annoying module) gives heavier enemy ships (and allies) a very tough time. It even uncloaks Tacklers.